• Show
Clear All
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Forked Thread: Gary Bettman Writes a letter to Tom Golisano

Forked from: Tom Golisano Writes a letter to bettman

Dear Tom,

Thanks for your note full of cheer. With all do respect please review the history of the NHL. Unless your name is Gretzky, Lemieux or Crosby we really don't care. We protect those that sell tickets. Don't you understand that it doesn't help the game if a team like Buffalo wins the cup?

Tom, I understand your concern but it just isn't going to happen. You have the rest of this year to make your cup run because, as you are well aware, we have a league to get back on it's feet. We have to grow this game in major cities and the sunbelt. After this season the Trap will be embraced. Players will freely move to cities like NY, Philadelphia, Detroit, Chicago (check that - Wirtz will never pay for anybody), LA and the sunbelt. Just look at what our last two cup winners, Carolina and Tampa, have done for the game. It is essential that we get NY and LA involved again.

Finally, the arbitor's compensation awards were way out of hand last season. We as a league, in order to keep costs down, can ill afford to have teams with four or five 40 goal scorers. The league must go back to 2-1 games on a nightly basis. Did you not get the memo?

Well, I have NBA scores to review; having lunch with David today. Just remember, letters like the one you wrote are appreciated but will result in Rob Shick and Carrie (sic) Fraser refereeing all your important playoff games. Say Hi! to Darcy and Lindy for me. I look forward to seeing them on my next trip to Buffalo in June when I award Lord Stanley's Prize to Nashville.

Very truly yours,

Gary Bettman

NHL Commissioner

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: Forked Thread: Gary Bettman Writes a letter to Tom Golisano

If that weren't so close to what is actually the truth, it'd be funny.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Ebenezer
      Give me a minute...
      • Jul 2002

Re: Forked Thread: Gary Bettman Writes a letter to Tom Golisano

...ya think.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

Working...
      X