PDA

View Full Version : So why start Biron two straight games?

MikeInRoch
02-24-2007, 06:29 PM
It can only be to show him off because they are thinking they will trade him...

Dozerdog
02-24-2007, 06:32 PM
That- and it is a prudent move if Ottawa's tough guys want to take runs at our best player again

Philagape
02-24-2007, 06:36 PM
Can't be a coincidence that it's right before the deadline

YardRat
02-24-2007, 06:36 PM
Or give Miller a full night off, which he didn't get Thursday because of the melee'.

MikeInRoch
02-24-2007, 06:37 PM
That- and it is a prudent move if Ottawa's tough guys want to take runs at our best player again

Except that Lindy made the decision to do that before the fireworks last game...

Philagape
02-24-2007, 07:28 PM
That crash you just heard was Biron's trade value

Nighthawk
02-24-2007, 07:31 PM
Ok, can all of you who are on drugs and actually think Biron can win the Cup for the Sabres if Miller goes down, please shut up now?!?! Darcy needs to dump him and his contract and get some help in here for the playoffs. He looks terrible tonight.

Philagape
02-24-2007, 07:34 PM
Why would any other team want a $2 million backup who will be a UFA?

Nighthawk
02-24-2007, 07:37 PM
Why would any other team want a $2 million backup who will be a UFA?

Listen, you make a deal with a team to take Biron off your hands and you throw in a sweetener for them to do it. It isn't a tough concept...it NEEDS to be done. He is not and never will be, a championship goalie. Darcy messed up by not trading him sooner.

Dozerdog
02-24-2007, 08:03 PM
Listen, you make a deal with a team to take Biron off your hands and you throw in a sweetener for them to do it. It isn't a tough concept...it NEEDS to be done. He is not and never will be, a championship goalie. Darcy messed up by not trading him sooner.

Here we go again :rolleyes:

OK let's humor you- what "sweetner"?

Isn't the concept to ge to something for nothing? Now we have to give up something to give Biron to another team?

The only team to give up anything for Biron will be a playoff team. No sense for a team out of it to give upanything for a 2 month goalie.

And what team would that be?

New Jersey? No
Tampa? They are up vs the cap
San Jose? Anaheim? They got 4 good goalies
Vancouver? No
Pittsburgh? No
Minnesota? Nope
Toronto? Up vs the cap
Carolina? No
Calgary? Hahahahah
Ottawa? I don't think they are talking to each other right now
Dallas? Nope
Islanders or Rangers? No
Montreal? I don't see it
Edmonton? No

Nighthawk
02-24-2007, 08:05 PM
Here we go again :rolleyes:

OK let's humor you- what "sweetner"?

Isn't the concept to ge to something for nothing? Now we have to give up something to give Biron to another team?

The only team to give up anything for Biron will be a playoff team. No sense for a team out of it to give upanything for a 2 month goalie.

And what team would that be?

New Jersey? No
Tampa? They are up vs the cap
San Jose? Anaheim? They got 4 good goalies
Vancouver? No
Pittsburgh? No
Minnesota? Nope
Toronto? Up vs the cap
Carolina? No
Calgary? Hahahahah
Ottawa? I don't think they are talking to each other right now
Dallas? Nope
Islanders or Rangers? No
Montreal? I don't see it
Edmonton? No

Have you read any of the reasons that Biron hasn't been traded??? It's because Darcy is asking for too much. In my opinion, he should just be worried about finding somebody to take him, not what we get for him. The cap space freed up is the gift we get. Keeping Biron would be the biggest mistake Darcy could make.

Dozerdog
02-24-2007, 09:00 PM
So the Sabre focus is just unload him at any cost?

Why?

Just cut him then.

Nighthawk
02-24-2007, 09:06 PM
So the Sabre focus is just unload him at any cost?

Why?

Just cut him then.

You can't do that because it doesn't free up the cap space. They have to trade him for the cap space to be freed up. Move him...NOW! Get some help in here.

YardRat
02-24-2007, 09:15 PM
First Marv promises not to tag Clements, then Regier fails to trade Biron before tonights game.

Man, our GM's really suck balls...Why do we even bother?

Nighthawk
02-24-2007, 09:30 PM
First Marv promises not to tag Clements, then Regier fails to trade Biron before tonights game.

Man, our GM's really suck balls...Why do we even bother?

I know that you're trying to be funny, but if this team doesn't make a move to improve on the backend or add grit, then let's talk after they get knocked out of the playoffs. Don't be blinded...the Cup is the only thing that would make this season a success. Keeping Biron makes no sense at all.