PDA

View Full Version : All the sports analysts seem to think Atlanta got the better deal

ArcticWildMan
03-07-2003, 05:33 PM
From what little I've seen on ESPN and around the web, most analysts are saying Atlanta got the better deal with the Price trade.

I like what they did. They got a player that is proven in exchange for a draft pick.

I think a team is better served with a proven player over a draft pick any day.

Before the lynch mob forms....My hat is still off to TD....it was obvious that Peerless wasn't in our plans and he got us a draft pick instead of just letting Peerless walk.

JJamezz
03-07-2003, 05:39 PM
Better deal than what??? Another GM could have very easily let him sign elsewhere with NO compensation!!

Analysts... what a bunch of morons... :biggrin:

ArcticWildMan
03-07-2003, 05:41 PM
Well...don't forget the world is in love with Vick as it is, so anything that gives them a reason to talk about him is good.

I think Atlanta made a solid trade. The one thing that drives me nuts is that we aren't getting any recognition for it.

RedEyE
03-07-2003, 05:44 PM
I'm not going to 2nd guess this. Peerless didn't want to stay in Buffalo, and let's face it Buffalo really didn't want to pay him 5.5 for the year. Not to mention the fact that we really don't need him. Once the Takeo deal is finalized ( :pray: ) it will all be worth it. IMO, this is great move and TD is doing the best for the team. Really, both teams made out.

ArcticWildMan
03-07-2003, 05:47 PM
I heard one guy (forgot his name), say that Atlanta has to be considered a front runner for the SB!!!

I almost choked on my beer when I heard that!! Talk about jumping the gun!!

clumping platelets
03-07-2003, 05:48 PM
John Clayton was clear: "Bills had a good day!"

We got a #1 pick for a player that WAS NOT GONNA RE-SIGN.

RedEyE
03-07-2003, 05:49 PM
They're DBs are horrible and they have no speed on their DL. I do think that the offense will produce considerably.

The_Philster
03-07-2003, 05:51 PM
Let them think what they want. We'll have the last laugh :snicker:

JJamezz
03-07-2003, 05:53 PM
I agree - I think both teams got what they wanted here, at least on paper... Good deal all around.

Of course it remains to be seen if PP can hold his own as a #1 - I tend to think Atlanta's going to be disappointed, especially for the kind of money they're paying him, but only time will tell.

It's funny how only a week ago Falcon fans were badmouthing Price, and now all of a sudden they're saying the offense will rival the Rams from a couple years back... LMAO...

don137
03-07-2003, 05:56 PM
Both teams did very well. As much as we like Price we need defensive help. TD was smart enough to tag Peerless and get something for him. Arizona could of done the same thing with David Boston but didn't. Arizona got nothing for Boston and ended up getting nothing. Even though Peerless was not in our plans since we couldn't pump more money into the offense with our defense hurting the Bills got something for him. I'd say that is pretty good.

ArcticWildMan
03-07-2003, 05:58 PM
I luv the Arizona GM. He made this all possible :D

Demon
03-07-2003, 05:59 PM
Look what Arizona got for David Boston who is better then Price..... NOTHING.

Getting rid of Price basicially gives us a very good oppertunity of signing Sam Adams and Takeo Spikes and having money left over to sign a player like Thompson or Ismael and we get a 1st round pick with it! I dont see how anybody can say this was a bad move for Buffalo.

I liked Price i admit, but don't you think its a little bit funny that he had a career year in his contract year and was a bust the seasons before? Not to mention all of the bad penalties he took.

THATHURMANATOR
03-07-2003, 06:38 PM
I agree 100% Demon. The "analysts" Fail to take that into consideration I guess.

helmetguy
03-07-2003, 07:03 PM
Where are all those Donahoe Doubters now?

The Spaz
03-07-2003, 07:10 PM
I think that price will have an ok year concidering that Finneran isn't anywhere near the caliber of a moulds to draw attention away from price. Go Bills!

Seano
03-07-2003, 07:17 PM
Let's Not forget to thank John Butler for taking Boston for a few dollars. You can always count on JB to pay for what he gets. I do think Vick and Price will make a great team. Vicks Scrambling is going to leave Price as wide open as a Moulds double team , but I'll take pick #23 thank you very much!!

lunatic_bills_fan
03-07-2003, 08:31 PM
It is hilarious to think that we actually traded them a Unrestricted Free Agent and got a first rounder for him. Last time I checked people usually dont get first rounders for UFA'a in ANY leage. Unless your initials are TD!!! lol

TigerJ
03-07-2003, 08:38 PM
Atlanta got an excellent deal. Price as the second receiver had the seventh highest production for a receiver in the NFL. He should have been in the pro bowl if not started. When you draft a WR in round one (what they would have done without the trade) you get potential, potential that may not be realized for a year or two or three if ever. Anyone remember Perry Tuttle? Price is pretty close to a sure thing. Pluse he's still a young receiver, nicely broken in you might say. Measured that way one might say Atlanta got the better deal. But the points made already are the ones that should concern Bills fans. Peerless didn't want to be here. Buffalo made some important, if not critical cap room, and they got a first round pick that they probably need even more than Price to make the next leap toward the league elite. The alternative was to keep an expensive player who would have been disgruntled all season. Had TD not franchised him he would have been gone with zero to show for it. Kudos to TD!

4thAndLong
03-07-2003, 08:41 PM
Are these the same guys that said trading a 1st rounder for a proven QB was stupid, you have a potential star with the draft pick?