• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

BZ posters show your intelligence

Now that Willis is "officially" on the block, I am BEGGING everybody on here intelligent to show it.

Last year, when we all knew Moulds was going elsewhere, I lost track of how many threads suggesting we'd get a first or second rounder for him.. Or some kind of ridiculous package to move up in the draft or get extra first rounders.

Here is the bottom line: you have a slightly above average RB with an injury riddled past; who if he's lucky is among the top 15-17 RB's in this league.

He's also going into the final year of his contract; so ANY trade talks is going to be HEAVILY leveraged towards the team interested in trading for him, not the Bills.

At this point, the Bills seemed poised to just wash themselves of him and his piss poor attitude and start fresh at RB with a guy (or two) that they like better.

If they are EXTREMELY lucky, they will get a late day-one pick for him (mid to late third round) but I'd be willing to bet they will get no better than a 4th.

Considering his future here and his current attitude, Levy will take that.

So please, just because he is a 'Name" don't get all ******ed and think we're going to get something of good value for him. Just be happy when he's gone, thats all.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Re: BZ posters show your intelligence

For the record:

Should the BIlls trade him I expect a kind of RB by committee next season. Indy (Rhodes, Addai) Chicago (Jones, Benson) and NE (Maroney, Dillon) were very succcesful at it last year.

I dont think they take Lynch at #12, though there probably could be worst picks than him. I'd expect a RB taken anywhere from the 2nd or 3rd round and to rotate with a resigned A-Train; or another vet if by chance he doesnt come back, but I definitely think Thomas will be back now.

Comment

• gr8slayer
      • Feb 2005

I don't recall anyone thinking we were going to get a first or second for Moulds.

Comment

• patmoran2006
        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
        • Dec 2005

My ass.. when i get the energy I will search for just some of the threads.

Denver and Philly were gonna give us first rounders, or Moulds and #8 for the first pick, blahblahblah. Absolutely ridiculous threads.

if we get a day one pick for Willis, awesome. If not, rid yourself of the cancer and move on.

Comment

• YardRat
          Well, lookie here...
          • Dec 2004

I don't see us doing any better with this deal if it goes down than we did with Henry.

After reading some other posters comments, I also don't see Jones and Thomas sharing the same backfield again either.

Third at best, most likely a fourth.
          YardRat Wall of Fame
          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• DraftBoy
            Administrator
            • Jul 2002

We will get HOPEFULLY get a 5th and Gerris Wilkerson/Barry Cofield/Corey Webster from the Giants and Ill be happy with that.
            COMING SOON...
            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy
              We will get HOPEFULLY get a 5th and Gerris Wilkerson/Barry Cofield/Corey Webster from the Giants and Ill be happy with that.

BTW Im just throwing these names out there, there is no confirmed rumor to these guys, just who Id like off NYG who is feasible.
              COMING SOON...
              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• TigerJ
                • Jul 2002

Why is it so important to you that everyone "show their intelligence?" I'm sure on this subject, like most subjects, the opinions will cover the spectrum. When all is said and done, some will look like fools and some will be right on. And the world will go on. The Bills will do what they will do, and the market for Willis will be what it will be, and the variety of opinions helps to make the long offseason a little more amusing. Chill brother.
                I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Goobylal
                  • Jan 2004

Reports are that Giants' neophyte Reese letting the cat out of the bag about the Bills shopping Willis is tampering. The Bills could get a high draft pick for him yet, without even trading him!

Comment

• clumping platelets

No sense trading McGahee for a 5th and a young player...........that's not enough.

Comment

• billsburgh
                      • Jul 2003

Here you go already.
                      What has this organization become? Nate Clements: no brainer he is out. London Fletcher: see ya. McGahee: traded for a mid round pick. MAYBE they get Chris Kelsey back? The Bills are a farm system for the rest of the league. Time for Ralph to spend some money and get competitive or he should get out. EASILY in the basement

Comment

• Goobylal
                        • Jan 2004

I posted that before knowing he didn't study his playbook. That could seriously affect his trade value.

But if the Bills get an extra pick from the Giants and someone else, they could end up being (points-wise) worth a 2nd rounder.

Comment

I think it is quite surprisingly that they are looking to trade him

Its actually creating an extra need

I think we'll like get at most a R3 pick.

Personally I would draft a sleeper like Eldra Buckley on Day2, run with A-Train if he's resigned or maybe sign someone like TJ Duckett, and see where we are at the end of 2007. After all if we picked up Duckett as a feature back, he is only 25, fresh and hungry to prove himself. Outside of a couple of the top RBs this year, I'm not seeing much better.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                            • Feb 2005

I'll be happy getting a 4th rounder (I'd be able to hang a wet towel if we got top 100).

I look to Josh Reed to contribute at the RB position next season.

Comment

• Historian
                              2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                              • Dec 2002

Does he speak Canadian?

Comment

Working...
                              X