PDA

View Full Version : The Bills want.....

acehole
02-25-2007, 10:04 AM
M Turner SD chargers and are willing to give up a first day pick for him.
No other FA would have a bigger impact on our offense then him. Who
needs a CB when your offense is on the field 3/4 of the game.

patmoran2006
02-25-2007, 10:06 AM
Turner would cost them their 12th pick. Not happening

YardRat
02-25-2007, 10:06 AM
Where'd you see that?

patmoran2006
02-25-2007, 10:07 AM
And btw.. We could draft Peterson or trade for Larry Johnson.

And if Merz, Preston, Villarrial, Reyes or whomever else is on this team are starting at the two guard positions, we still won't be able to run the ball.

SABURZFAN
02-25-2007, 10:08 AM
Turner would cost them their 12th pick. Not happening

if that's the case,then no.

gr8slayer
02-25-2007, 10:10 AM

And if Merz, Preston, Villarrial, Reyes or whomever else is on this team are starting at the two guard positions, we still won't be able to run the ball.
Merz is an animal in the run game. He is the best OG you mentioned IMO.

patmoran2006
02-25-2007, 10:10 AM
Isn't Turner a RFA who was tendered and a team would have to give up their first rounder for him? I'm pretty sure that's the deal, but I'll look it up.

patmoran2006
02-25-2007, 10:11 AM
Merz is an animal in the run game. He is the best OG you mentioned IMO.
He is the best among those I mentioned; and he might at some point develop into a good starter.. But are you willing to gamble ANOTHER season on yet another overated or unproven starter on the interior?

acehole
02-25-2007, 10:12 AM
The Bills and SD could negotiate any pick they want...and there GM is an old buddy of Marv. They won't get a first rounder for him from anyone....and they will want somthing....so 2nd rounder a high one at that will suit SD just fine. IF you want more the bills will give up a 2nd next year also. Bills have inside track....why do you think they want to dump Willis now? They have a replacement in mind allready....and if you want to ask where did you here this.....right here right now...on the Billszone by Acehole.

ublinkwescore
02-25-2007, 10:13 AM

And how do you know that last part?

SABURZFAN
02-25-2007, 10:14 AM
The Bills and SD could negotiate any pick they want...and there GM is an old buddy of Marv. They won't get a first rounder for him from anyone....and they will want somthing....so 2nd rounder a high one at that will suit SD just fine. IF you want more the bills will give up a 2nd next year also. Bills have inside track....why do you think they want to dump Willis now? They have a replacement in mind allready....and if you want to ask where did you here this.....right here right now...on the Billszone by Acehole.

thanks A-hole. :up:

patmoran2006
02-25-2007, 10:14 AM
That is true, they can negotiate anything they want.. If Turner is signed by SD.. Right now he's not though, he will be a RFA.. Meaning any team can sign then, and then SD can either match the offer or they don't and then SD gets the compensation based on his tender, which I'm almost positive is a first rounder.

Nighthawk
02-25-2007, 10:45 AM

Why would we give up 2nd for an unproven back when we can't get a first day pick for a semi-proven RB in McGahee? I'm confused..

acehole
02-25-2007, 10:47 AM
Also there is a dozen trade down scenarios that would work. The possibilities are endless. IMHO he is good enough for th 12 pick. Would you trade witner for turner right now? Who would have a greater impact?

acehole
02-25-2007, 10:53 AM
Why would we give up 2nd for an unproven back when we can't get a first day pick for a semi-proven RB in McGahee? I'm confused..

1. McGahee will never resign with the Bills at the end of his contract.
2. McGahee doen't seem like he wants to be here.
3. Turner is proven.
4. McGahee is not the wear you down RB that I
think we want in the snow in Buffalo.
5. Turner is better then any "unproven" 2nd round pick of this draft.
6. We may have that 2nd rounder replaced if we do trade Mcgahee.
7. Turner is like Evans with the ability to take it to the house very time he touches the ball.

Win win win win.

feelthepain
02-25-2007, 10:54 AM

Peterson will be long gone by 12. You better be ready to give up half the draft and a boat load of money to get LJ. Michael Turner would be a nice addition, but only if the Bills find a team to trade down with then use that later round pick to trade for Turner....and that still may be a little high IMO. A mid round 2nd seems more realistic for Turner IMO.

patmoran2006
02-25-2007, 10:57 AM
Peterson will be long gone by 12. You better be ready to give up half the draft and a boat load of money to get LJ. Michael Turner would be a nice addition, but only if the Bills find a team to trade down with then use that later round pick to trade for Turner....and that still may be a little high IMO. A mid round 2nd seems more realistic for Turner IMO.
The Bills would have to give up half their TEAM forget the draft for Larry Johnson.. It was sarcasm stating it doesnt matter who the RB is if we dont have an OL

acehole
02-25-2007, 11:00 AM
The Bills would have to give up half their TEAM forget the draft for Larry Johnson.. It was sarcasm stating it doesnt matter who the RB is if we dont have an OL

The line will be adressed whoever is the RB......at least at guard.
I don't think LJ is worth his hype. IMHO.

feelthepain
02-25-2007, 11:20 AM
The line will be adressed whoever is the RB......at least at guard.
I don't think LJ is worth his hype. IMHO.

What? Are you serious? Wow, can't say I disagree more. LJ would be a monster no matter where he goes. Sure you need a good Oline, but that goes without say for any team. LJ is a top 5 back, he would make the Bills better, instantly.

HHURRICANE
02-25-2007, 11:54 AM

Dude, is this a theory or do you have something concrete to base this on?

acehole
02-25-2007, 05:51 PM
Dude, is this a theory or do you have something concrete to base this on?

Just a hunch based on current events.