Does this news about Willis come as a suprise to anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Forward_Lateral
    • Mar 2004

Does this news about Willis come as a suprise to anyone?

This explains a lot. He did look like he didn't know the plays, where to run, block, etc.

INDIANAPOLIS – The Bills and Giants are discussing a possible trade involving discontented Buffalo running back Willis McGahee.

"Willis literally didn't know what to do on the plays," a source said. "After the play was called, we'd have another coach signaling to Willis what to do because he didn't know. He'd miss blocks [in pass protection] a few times, not because he was beat, but because he didn't know what he was doing.
    "He just doesn't study. … His teammates noticed it, and it affected how they viewed him in the locker room."
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Re: Does this news about Willis come as a suprise to anyone?

OMG! No wonder we want to trade his ass!

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Mikey82
      OMG! No wonder we want to trade his ass!
      If it's true, what a dork. It makes sense now that I think about it, he did look clueless out there, and missed running lanes ALL the time.

Comment

• Don't Panic
        All-Pro Zoner
        • Dec 2005

And there you have it... Billie Joe Hobert part two. I take it we'll hear no more from the McGahee supporters?

Comment

• YardRat
          Well, lookie here...
          • Dec 2004

I feel so much better about pissing and moaning about Willis working out in Miami instead of with the rest of the team last spring. Not that I really needed justification, but...
          YardRat Wall of Fame
          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• jimmifli
            • Nov 2006

It's from a "source". I trust real names more than sources.

I will say that it wouldn't seem out of character.

Comment

• Michael82
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by YardRat
              I feel so much better about pissing and moaning about Willis working out in Miami instead of with the rest of the team last spring. Not that I really needed justification, but...
              me too. And thats why I really hate the players from "Tha U" All of them are about the money and would rather hang out with their buds in Miami instead of work with their teams.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by bwbrenton
                I take it we'll hear no more from the McGahee supporters?
                "Wait til McGahee runs for 1300 yards and 10 TDs." That supporter.

I guess it's not completely the OL's fault or teams "forcing us to pass." Maybe it's dumbass not being able to read a playbook.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                  • Mar 2005

This article has me so pissed off right now.

If there is any truth to this than it's safe to say that he probably cost us a couple of games including NE (week 1). I was a little shocked when I heard that there was a real chance of him getting traded. My thought process was that even though he hasn't been great he hasn't been bad either and why wouldn't you let him play out his contract? But if he really doesn't know the playbook than he's a moron, and as a coach, I would want him out of here.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mikey82
                    me too. And thats why I really hate the players from "Tha U" All of them are about the money and would rather hang out with their buds in Miami instead of work with their teams.

Come on Mikey be fair, Kelly was from Tha U, you hate him? How about Frank Gore? Ken Dorsey? Santana Moss?
                    COMING SOON...
                    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• NorthCarBills
                      • Jan 2006

Reminds me of Billy Joe Hobert.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                        Come on Mikey be fair, Kelly was from Tha U, you hate him? How about Frank Gore? Ken Dorsey? Santana Moss?
                        To be fair Kelly wasn't known for his work ethic.

Comment

• Typ0
                          honey pie
                          • Jul 2002

if this were true it would piss me off but it's hard to give credibility. It's not like there wasn't another RB on the roster and if this were true any coach who had a clue what they were doing would have benched WM.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Typ0
                            if this were true it would piss me off but it's hard to give credibility. It's not like there wasn't another RB on the roster and if this were true any coach who had a clue what they were doing would have benched WM.
                            First off, it's very rare that you sit your franchise player. It just doesn't happen unless they are a locker room cancer like Keshawyn was a few years ago. Second, it's obvious that the trade rumors are true so you have to ask yourself "why"? This is definately a case of where there is smoke, there is fire. If this story was about Lee Evans we would be all calling this BS. McGahee has us believing it to be true just by his own body of work, on and off the field.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                              Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by jimmifli
                              It's from a "source". I trust real names more than sources.

I will say that it wouldn't seem out of character.
                              It wouldn't surprise me if the "source" is someone working for the Giants, trying to lower Willis' value in a trade.

Comment

Working...
                              X