PDA

View Full Version : Does this news about Willis come as a suprise to anyone?

Forward_Lateral
02-25-2007, 11:28 AM
This explains a lot. He did look like he didn't know the plays, where to run, block, etc.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AkNws2_KiH0zHGjJ8sIBx6N.2bYF?slug=jc-combinenotes022407&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

"Willis literally didn't know what to do on the plays," a source said. "After the play was called, we'd have another coach signaling to Willis what to do because he didn't know. He'd miss blocks [in pass protection] a few times, not because he was beat, but because he didn't know what he was doing.
"He just doesn't study. … His teammates noticed it, and it affected how they viewed him in the locker room."

Michael82
02-25-2007, 11:32 AM
OMG! No wonder we want to trade his ass! :lmao:

Forward_Lateral
02-25-2007, 11:33 AM
OMG! No wonder we want to trade his ass! :lmao:

If it's true, what a dork. It makes sense now that I think about it, he did look clueless out there, and missed running lanes ALL the time.

Don't Panic
02-25-2007, 11:38 AM
And there you have it... Billie Joe Hobert part two. I take it we'll hear no more from the McGahee supporters?

YardRat
02-25-2007, 11:40 AM
I feel so much better about pissing and moaning about Willis working out in Miami instead of with the rest of the team last spring. Not that I really needed justification, but...

jimmifli
02-25-2007, 11:40 AM
It's from a "source". I trust real names more than sources.

I will say that it wouldn't seem out of character.

Michael82
02-25-2007, 11:47 AM
I feel so much better about pissing and moaning about Willis working out in Miami instead of with the rest of the team last spring. Not that I really needed justification, but...
me too. And thats why I really hate the players from "Tha U" All of them are about the money and would rather hang out with their buds in Miami instead of work with their teams. :ill:

HHURRICANE
02-25-2007, 11:49 AM
I take it we'll hear no more from the McGahee supporters?

"Wait til McGahee runs for 1300 yards and 10 TDs." That supporter.

I guess it's not completely the OL's fault or teams "forcing us to pass." Maybe it's dumbass not being able to read a playbook.

HHURRICANE
02-25-2007, 12:05 PM
This article has me so pissed off right now.

If there is any truth to this than it's safe to say that he probably cost us a couple of games including NE (week 1). I was a little shocked when I heard that there was a real chance of him getting traded. My thought process was that even though he hasn't been great he hasn't been bad either and why wouldn't you let him play out his contract? But if he really doesn't know the playbook than he's a moron, and as a coach, I would want him out of here.

DraftBoy
02-25-2007, 12:06 PM
me too. And thats why I really hate the players from "Tha U" All of them are about the money and would rather hang out with their buds in Miami instead of work with their teams. :ill:

Come on Mikey be fair, Kelly was from Tha U, you hate him? How about Frank Gore? Ken Dorsey? Santana Moss?

NorthCarBills
02-25-2007, 12:13 PM
Reminds me of Billy Joe Hobert.

HHURRICANE
02-25-2007, 12:17 PM
Come on Mikey be fair, Kelly was from Tha U, you hate him? How about Frank Gore? Ken Dorsey? Santana Moss?

To be fair Kelly wasn't known for his work ethic.

Typ0
02-25-2007, 12:21 PM
if this were true it would piss me off but it's hard to give credibility. It's not like there wasn't another RB on the roster and if this were true any coach who had a clue what they were doing would have benched WM.

HHURRICANE
02-25-2007, 12:29 PM
if this were true it would piss me off but it's hard to give credibility. It's not like there wasn't another RB on the roster and if this were true any coach who had a clue what they were doing would have benched WM.

First off, it's very rare that you sit your franchise player. It just doesn't happen unless they are a locker room cancer like Keshawyn was a few years ago. Second, it's obvious that the trade rumors are true so you have to ask yourself "why"? This is definately a case of where there is smoke, there is fire. If this story was about Lee Evans we would be all calling this BS. McGahee has us believing it to be true just by his own body of work, on and off the field.

Mr. Miyagi
02-25-2007, 12:30 PM
It's from a "source". I trust real names more than sources.

I will say that it wouldn't seem out of character.
It wouldn't surprise me if the "source" is someone working for the Giants, trying to lower Willis' value in a trade.

gr8slayer
02-25-2007, 12:31 PM
I'm just kinda tired of this guy. My favorite Bills player but I'm getting tired of him.

TacklingDummy
02-25-2007, 12:35 PM
The article is from an unnamed source. For all we know someone could have made it up. Maybe McGahee himself made it up so the Bills would trade him.

Personally I thought Tom Donahoe f**k up drafting McGahee. It was a stupid pick. Who the frig picks a RB whos not even going to play his first year in the 1st round of a draft? Donahoe should have been fired right there.

gr8slayer
02-25-2007, 12:39 PM
The article is from an unnamed source. For all we know someone could have made it up. Maybe McGahee himself made it up so the Bills would trade him.

Personally I thought Tom Donahoe f**k up drafting McGahee. It was a stupid pick. Who the frig picks a RB whos not even going to play his first year in the 1st round of a draft? Donahoe should have been fired right there.
In retrospect sure it was a bad pick but the tone was different (at least for me) in '04 when McGahee was tearing the league apart.

HHURRICANE
02-25-2007, 12:47 PM

I cannot disagree with this statement at all. TD was awesome. In his time here he managed to give away a first to get Bledsoe, only to give up yet another first to get Losman and than release Bledsoe. He than decides to draft a RB to replace a guy that turns out to be the better RB. Pretty much every FA that he brought in has left. Yeah TD pretty much put us in jail.

Michael82
02-25-2007, 12:59 PM
okay, the majority of the players that call it "Tha U" and act like they are God's gift to this world. There are some players that aren't like that, but many of them are.

BillsPride12
02-25-2007, 01:02 PM
Another reason why McGahee should NEVER be compared to Thurman, Thurm was known to watch tons of gamefilm and study the little things and that was very important in his blocking techniques. Why there are so many McGahee defenders out there I'll never know.

Talk0fNewYork
02-25-2007, 01:14 PM
What about parrish and everett, they actually stay here with the team (Roscoe only stayed in miami his rookie year)

Forward_Lateral
02-25-2007, 01:14 PM
First of all, this is a Yahoo! article, which is one of the most credible sites out there, IMO. It's not like Pro Football Central broke this story.

Forward_Lateral
02-25-2007, 01:17 PM
Second, you guys know that they NEVER reveal the source's name. Ever.

Nighthawk
02-25-2007, 01:18 PM
Anybody who has listened to the guy talk can tell he isn't the sharpest tool in the shed. This doesn't surprise me one bit.

dannyek71
02-25-2007, 01:21 PM
I think that all we are doing is showing him the lack of market want for WM. Since no team is willing to part with a high draft pick for him, this is demonstrating that he will not get the $$$ he thinks he deserves in F/A. Maybe this is a plow to get him to sign back with us cheaper.

Just my 2 cents

HHURRICANE
02-25-2007, 01:34 PM
I think that all we are doing is showing him the lack of market want for WM. Since no team is willing to part with a high draft pick for him, this is demonstrating that he will not get the $$$ he thinks he deserves in F/A. Maybe this is a plow to get him to sign back with us cheaper.

Just my 2 cents

This has merit. As I have said before, we are 100% in the driver seat here. The fact that Drew Rosenhaus is our "*****" makes me incredibly happy. I'm also sure that this is the reason that Fletcher is not getting resigned.

Michael82
02-25-2007, 01:37 PM
What about parrish and everett, they actually stay here with the team (Roscoe only stayed in miami his rookie year)
Everett SUCKS!

Mr. Pink
02-25-2007, 01:42 PM
Based off Willis has said, I'm sure he's left an unpleasant taste with the front office and rest of the team.

Based on what the team has done now, he obviously know he's on the block and there's some kind of speculation going on. I'm sure he has a bad taste in his mouth toward the organization.

Sure, we have the upperhand, kind of. We can decide not to trade him and have him sit on the bench or parade him out there as starter. With his comments I'm sure our porous o-line will do an even "better" job blocking for him causing him to get hammered left and right.

Sure, it'll obviously hurt his ability to get a big contract in FA. That's about the only thing we do control on him right now, his next payday. I'm sure if him and his agent are aware that he's on the block, Rosenass will work like hell to get a deal for him. The only sticking point I can see, is Rosenass thinks McGahee is a top back in this league and will probably try to negotiate an extension prior to being traded that would pay Willis like a top 5-10 back in this league, which obviously, we'll all disagree on.

It's time to move on from this TD mistake. Unfortunately TD doubled this mistake by trading away T-hen. But we can't do anything about that half now, what Marv and company can do is fix the mistake of having an overrated, undertalented, loud mouth OFF our team, our lockerroom and our field.

We can replace this assclown with someone along the lines of Jamal Lewis for a year or two stopgap if necessary. Or even Ahman Green. I'd like the idea of Ahman in a Bills uniform, we'd have a guy to split carries with A-train, if he stays, and Ahman is a good receiving threat out of the backfield which would help Losman develop even further.

And I do have an idea, as messed up as this sounds, if Cleveland has that much interest in Nate. Franchise him again anyways, work out a trade with cleveland that would give them Nate and our 1 to swap for their one. Then take Adrian Peterson. Probably a pipe dream idea, but it's possible.

HHURRICANE
02-25-2007, 01:47 PM
We can replace this assclown with someone along the lines of Jamal Lewis for a year or two stopgap if necessary. Or even Ahman Green. I'd like the idea of Ahman in a Bills uniform, we'd have a guy to split carries with A-train, if he stays, and Ahman is a good receiving threat out of the backfield which would help Losman develop even further.

I see the Bills continuing their youth movement. AT RB especially, I don't see the Bills signing a stopgap measure when they could just let McGahee play out his contract. If they are serious about trading him they will bring a rookie in or someone that has the "potential" to play at the next level who just hasn't been givin the chance. Just my thought.

Bling
02-25-2007, 02:06 PM
okay, the majority of the players that call it "Tha U" and act like they are God's gift to this world. There are some players that aren't like that, but many of them are.

Frank Gore definitely ain't about school. What was his wonderlic scores again?

DraftBoy
02-25-2007, 03:26 PM

No I think its the other way around, I just gave you about 5 good Tha U character guys, lets see your list of NFL bad boys from Tha U...we'll see who has a longer list.

ublinkwescore
02-25-2007, 03:33 PM
Didn't Keyshawn go to tha U???

feelthepain
02-25-2007, 04:15 PM

No, USC!

SABURZFAN
02-25-2007, 04:22 PM
This explains a lot. He did look like he didn't know the plays, where to run, block, etc.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AkNws2_KiH0zHGjJ8sIBx6N.2bYF?slug=jc-combinenotes022407&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

that is surprising.it's all for a better reason to get rid of him.

SABURZFAN
02-25-2007, 04:23 PM

WHAT A MAROON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bling
02-25-2007, 07:01 PM
No I think its the other way around, I just gave you about 5 good Tha U character guys, lets see your list of NFL bad boys from Tha U...we'll see who has a longer list.

Let's play this the right way. Name as many players from any other college that has as many thugs as the U.

Ray Lewis
Sean Taylor
Kellen Winslow
Willis McGahee
The whole UM team beating up on FIU

can I add the boys from the 7th Floor Crew too? If so you can add Greg Olsen, Sinorice Moss, Taveras Goodman, and whoever else is on that. The U's reputation of ****hole people is well deserved.

feelthepain
02-25-2007, 07:35 PM
Let's play this the right way. Name as many players from any other college that has as many thugs as the U.

Ray Lewis
Sean Taylor
Kellen Winslow
Willis McGahee
The whole UM team beating up on FIU

can I add the boys from the 7th Floor Crew too? If so you can add Greg Olsen, Sinorice Moss, Taveras Goodman, and whoever else is on that. The U's reputation of ****hole people is well deserved.

What about: Santana Moss, Vernon Carey,Rosco Parrish, Vince Wilfork, Ed Reed, Jonathan Vilma, Warren Sapp, Duane Starks, Najeh Davenport, Edgerin James, Dan Morgan, Jeff Feagles, William Joseph, Frank Gore, Bret Romberg, Phillip Buhcanon, Jamaal Green and others? They don't make "The U" look bad, infact most of them are among the tops at their positions in the NFL.

I agree Miami hasn't looked that great as of late, but there are a lot of kids out there making their teams look bad, that didn't attend "The U". Look at Cincy...none of their trouble makers are from "The U".

Bling
02-25-2007, 08:23 PM
What about: Santana Moss, Vernon Carey,Rosco Parrish, Vince Wilfork, Ed Reed, Jonathan Vilma, Warren Sapp, Duane Starks, Najeh Davenport, Edgerin James, Dan Morgan, Jeff Feagles, William Joseph, Frank Gore, Bret Romberg, Phillip Buhcanon, Jamaal Green and others? They don't make "The U" look bad, infact most of them are among the tops at their positions in the NFL.

I agree Miami hasn't looked that great as of late, but there are a lot of kids out there making their teams look bad, that didn't attend "The U". Look at Cincy...none of their trouble makers are from "The U".

Roscoe Parrish, Frank Gore, Edgerrin James don't even speak English. and Warren Sapp has had his fair share of criticism over the years.

I agree that not everyone from UM is a thug. But even look at the program now when they've spent the last few years trying to clean it up. 7th Floor Crew, beat down of FIU players, Ryan Moore beats his girlfriend, Willie Williams was given a scholarship despite being in jail 20 times by the time he was 18, etc. The football program has a higher rate of thugs than any other program. It's just like Cincy. Their three best players aren't thugs (Palmer, and the two Johnsons), but they got the thug reputation. It's the same with UM.

jpdex12
02-25-2007, 08:45 PM
It wouldn't surprise me if the "source" is someone working for the Giants, trying to lower Willis' value in a trade.

That is exactly what I was thinking! I can believe this to be true by his play, but I cannot believe that that coaching staff would let him stay out there and hurt the team by not knowing plays. I could see TD and Mularkey, but not DJ and ML. The Giants PR are muddying the trade waters to low ball us!

Pissin Giants anyway!