PDA

View Full Version : I guess what the league is saying....

don137
02-25-2007, 02:34 PM
By saying that a player charging in at full stride for an open ice hit in under .5 seconds after a player releases the puck with the intent to injure is legal.
What Buffalo did by sending out there enforcers and dropping the gloves is no way to retaliate and is punishable by fining the coach. However, if Spezza and Heatley are fair game to try to injure him when he is a vulnerable state and to go after him in an identical circumstance because that type of hit is legal.
What's wrong with this league anyways? This is setting a very bad precendent.

JD
02-25-2007, 02:40 PM
At first I thought they just punish the RESULT, not the initial action.

But after seeing nothing happen to Neil when Drury had to get 20+stitches, out for the season with a concussion.. I just dont know what to think anymore.

I've said it all year long, the NHL does NOT want Buffalo to win the cup. And they will do ANYTHING they can to stop it from happening.

Notice all the blown calls last night, and the phantom calls thrown at our guys? Unbelievable. People say we are cry babies but holy ****ing ****, if you actually sit down, watch the mother ****ing game.. you would understand what all us Sabres fans have been going through.

LtFinFan66
02-25-2007, 02:50 PM
man it's hockey. I can't believe the uproar going on. it's hockey not figure skating

RockStar36
02-25-2007, 02:53 PM
Dude, it was a dirty hit. We're pissed off. How would you feel if Ronnie Brown was walking back to the huddle and someone dove at his knees and took him out? Exactly.

LtFinFan66
02-25-2007, 02:55 PM
but it's hockey?? isn;t that what hockey is?? was play stopped?? just curious. All I ever hear about is how tough hockey is. that's all. it's over-let it go