PDA

View Full Version : Lynch a dissapointment at the combine

DraftBoy
02-25-2007, 02:58 PM
http://www.footballsfuture.com/news/2007/02/peterson-impresses-lynch-disappoints.html

Marshawn Lynch's 40-time was less impressive. Lynch was looking to run a sub 4.40. Instead he ran an unofficial 4.52.

However it wasnt all dissapointment for some RB's as the 6'0, 230 lbs Chris Henry shocked the combine onlookers

The fastest unofficial 40-time was turned in by Chris Henry of Arizona. Henry blazed a 4.33 40-yard dash. At 6' and 230 pounds, Henry is an intriguing prospect. Henry was a seldom used reserve his first two seasons at Arizona and only put up 581 yards last season as a junior. He looks to have all the physical talent, but where was the production in college?

DraftBoy
02-25-2007, 02:59 PM
This Henry kid really impressed the hell out of me today, he has great physical presence and techniques but his production was never there. If you want every RB's 40 time, see the thread in the Scouting Zone.

SABURZFAN
02-25-2007, 03:03 PM
4.52 is very slow. :down:

LtFinFan66
02-25-2007, 03:09 PM
They were making a big deal all day the the first 10 yards of the 40 is most important for running backs not the entire time :idunno:

YardRat
02-25-2007, 03:11 PM
What were Thurman Thomas' and Emmit Smith's 40 times? Anybody remember?

DraftBoy
02-25-2007, 03:21 PM
Dont know if they had the combine back then, Ill do a google search

Scumbag College
02-25-2007, 03:24 PM
Maybe the production wasn't there for Henry because Arizona was pretty crappy the last couple of years, I believe.

evol4276
02-25-2007, 03:25 PM
i thought we knew he wasnt a burner? just a beast of a guy

Bmax
02-25-2007, 03:35 PM
Walker from ND time of 4.56 was also sub par....Pittman 4.42 is something to keep your eye on.....

Give me a guy that can make plays and has put up some numbers....Walker will run again.. Pittman is little too much of a straight liner for me....

The guy to look out for is Brian Leonard....He ran a 4.49 and measures 6-2-235....wow... he can catch the football ....was a TB before rice arrived....Good FB who catch passes out of the back field....

Lynch will run again also....and a 4.52 is not bad on a slower track his pro day should give a 4.4 number..

I still need to see more on walker he the kind of back i like a good receiver ...knows how to use his blockers....

I just got a feeling the bills have found some one they really like who will be AVAILABLE IN RD 3 OR 4.....

COULD IT BE WALKER, PITTMAN OR LEONARD

BMAX

Yasgur's Farm
02-25-2007, 03:40 PM
4.52 is not bad at all for A RB. My guess is that it's no worse than WM.

Devin
02-25-2007, 03:40 PM
Walker from ND time of 4.56 was also sub par....Pittman 4.42 is something to keep your eye on.....

Give me a guy that can make plays and has put up some numbers....Walker will run again.. Pittman is little too much of a straight liner for me....

The guy to look out for is Brian Leonard....He ran a 4.49 and measures 6-2-235....wow... he can catch the football ....was a TB before rice arrived....Good FB who catch passes out of the back field....

Lynch will run again also....and a 4.52 is not bad on a slower track his pro day should give a 4.4 number..

I still need to see more on walker he the kind of back i like a good receiver ...knows how to use his blockers....

I just got a feeling the bills have found some one they really like who will be AVAILABLE IN RD 3 OR 4.....

COULD IT BE WALKER OR MAYBE HENRY

BMAX

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UmZmliWhtM - My boy Brian "The Beast" Leonard. Now this is some speed fo yo ass! Watch him straight up leap over an oncoming tackler. Leaonard is #23, the guy leaping over defenders. Tell me we dont need this. Watch him run like a RB and clear the road for Ray Rice. Sick.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=120606

SABURZFAN
02-25-2007, 03:43 PM
4.52 is not bad at all for A RB. My guess is that it's no worse than WM.

i think that's a half second slower than most expected though.

X-Era
02-25-2007, 03:45 PM

Im really not worried about it to be honest. I agree that hes no slower than who we have already, but hes a more gifted runner with better tackle breaking, and vision than McGahee. He also works hard and plays angry.

Ill take him.

If anything, the slower 40 makes him a lock to drop to us.

Yasgur's Farm
02-25-2007, 03:49 PM
i think that's a half second slower than most expected though.You must mean half of a tenth of a second. Half a second would mean you were expecting 4.02.

Yasgur's Farm
02-25-2007, 03:50 PM
Im really not worried about it to be honest. I agree that hes no slower than who we have already, but hes a more gifted runner with better tackle breaking, and vision than McGahee. He also works hard and plays angry.

Ill take him.

If anything, the slower 40 makes him a lock to drop to us.You're right... 4.52 is enough to get to the corner... After that, vision is the key.

SABURZFAN
02-25-2007, 03:50 PM
You must mean half of a tenth of a second. Half a second would mean you were expecting 4.02.

yeah...that's what i meant. :couch:

Philagape
02-25-2007, 03:52 PM
NO RUNNING BACKS FIRST

Yasgur's Farm
02-25-2007, 03:54 PM
NO RUNNING BACKS FIRSTAgreed... I still want Jarrett or the miracle trade up for Calvin Johnson. I'll settle for Rice... No thanks to Ginn.

Mahdi
02-25-2007, 04:13 PM
Lynch ran a 4.52 and a 4.49 its not bad at all.... the kid is a football player thats all that matters, straight line running is not a big deal for an RB.... the guy plays well in space, illusive, powerful and can catch, if hes a good character guy with a good work ethic then I would take him..... That being said I would much rather have Peterson.

SABURZFAN
02-25-2007, 04:19 PM
Lynch ran a 4.52 and a 4.49 its not bad at all.... the kid is a football player thats all that matters, straight line running is not a big deal for an RB.... the guy plays well in space, illusive, powerful and can catch, if hes a good character guy with a good work ethic then I would take him..... That being said I would much rather have Peterson.

i guess i expected him to be a tad quicker. :idunno:

Mahdi
02-25-2007, 04:32 PM
i guess i expected him to be a tad quicker. :idunno:
I did too..... but I think he is a lot quicker than the 40 time suggests

The Spaz
02-25-2007, 05:18 PM
Lynch sure plays a hell of a lot faster then 4.52 which is what I am more concerned with.

Mr. Miyagi
02-25-2007, 05:22 PM
So the guy was projected to run 4.4, but OMG he came in one tenth of a second too slow. Wow what a bust.

You know how fast 1/10 of a second is? Read these words and whoa, time's up.

Means nothing. :shakeno:

ParanoidAndroid
02-25-2007, 05:26 PM
I still say we wait to get a RB next year in a much better RB class.

X-Era
02-25-2007, 09:00 PM

Im gonna say something right now. Peterson is going to be drafted higher, but he wont have the production in the NFL that Lynch does.

Obviously, theres little evidence to support my comments. But, sometimes you just get a feeling about a player and Peterson is the type that is going to spend most of the time injured. He isnt the natural runner that Lynch is, and he doesnt have the vision that Lynch does.

I think this is another case of the next Ronnie Brown. A guy who is overhyped and just doesnt produce in the NFL. Id rather have Cadillac than Brown, and I think the on the field NFL play has proven that was a bad choice.

Bmax
02-25-2007, 09:08 PM
LYNCH WHO RAN A 4.49 ON HIS SECOND 40... WILL STILL BE A BIG TIME NFL PLAYER

Five to keep a eye on after RD 1

1. Darius Walker- 5-10-206-shifty ...ran a 4.56... has great vision...good receiver...3rd rd

2. Deshawn Wynn-5-10-232-4.49 Big has been injuried ...not a big time performer at college level.... 3rd

3. Antonio Pittman-5-10-207-4.42...fast back who runs well inside...needs more strength .. did only 16 reps .. small upper frame .. could add 10lbs of muscle....2nd rd

4.Kenny Irons--5-10-198..4.45...Small back..played at top level in college..big time performer...size is an issue...2nd rd

5. Brandon Jackson-5-10-210-4.57..good receiver.. only produced in one season.... 4th-5th

Bmax

BMAX

mysticsoto
02-25-2007, 09:14 PM
I still say we wait to get a RB next year in a much better RB class.

This is what I'd like also - except that if they trade McGahee to the Giants (and I know that's a big IF) then I almost feel like we are forced to...

However, if I do a comparison with what a player can do for us skill levelwise, I still say that we need Patrick Willis alot more than we need Lynch. In this case, I'd have to say the hell with it and if we do make the trade, we just grab a 2nd rd RB instead and resign A-train. If we got Patrick Willis in the 1st and Michael Bush in the 2nd rd, I'd be happy with that. If not, I'd prefer a lower rd speedster (Lorenzo Booker ?) and wait until next year to draft a stronger bruiser type RB with Booker becoming 2nd string next year if he doesn't do so well...

X-Era
02-25-2007, 09:24 PM
This is what I'd like also - except that if they trade McGahee to the Giants (and I know that's a big IF) then I almost feel like we are forced to...

However, if I do a comparison with what a player can do for us skill levelwise, I still say that we need Patrick Willis alot more than we need Lynch. In this case, I'd have to say the hell with it and if we do make the trade, we just grab a 2nd rd RB instead and resign A-train. If we got Patrick Willis in the 1st and Michael Bush in the 2nd rd, I'd be happy with that. If not, I'd prefer a lower rd speedster (Lorenzo Booker ?) and wait until next year to draft a stronger bruiser type RB with Booker becoming 2nd string next year if he doesn't do so well...

Mike Bush will be there in the 2nd, hes gonna run a better 40 than Lynch IMO.

DraftBoy
02-25-2007, 09:41 PM
Leonard was indeed impressive but Henry was far more so, running his 4.33 at 6'0 230. To me thats more impressive than what Leonard did and the fact that he will be avail later in Day 2 and could be a similar type back, makes me think of a Brandon Jacobs type of back with more speed.

Mahdi
02-25-2007, 10:04 PM
Im gonna say something right now. Peterson is going to be drafted higher, but he wont have the production in the NFL that Lynch does.

Obviously, theres little evidence to support my comments. But, sometimes you just get a feeling about a player and Peterson is the type that is going to spend most of the time injured. He isnt the natural runner that Lynch is, and he doesnt have the vision that Lynch does.

I think this is another case of the next Ronnie Brown. A guy who is overhyped and just doesnt produce in the NFL. Id rather have Cadillac than Brown, and I think the on the field NFL play has proven that was a bad choice.
Peteson is by far the most natural runner of the two, however Lynch is the better overall RB and in the right offense such as ours he most likely would have a better NFL career than Peterson. Lynch compares well to Tiki Barber/E. James.

patmoran2006
02-25-2007, 10:06 PM
There are not going RB in the first round... I doubt Marv thinks Lynch is that much better than the next wave of RB's to use the 12th pick on one.

I expect Defense with the pick, either DT, DT or LB. CB is also a possibility, though I will puke all over myself if we take leon hall that high.

Bert102176
02-26-2007, 02:03 AM
if he were to run a 4.02 you do anything it takes to get the guy lol but you'll never see anyone run that in the 40

Tatonka
02-26-2007, 10:08 AM
what did bush and booker do?

The Spaz
02-26-2007, 10:31 AM

Don't know about ooker but Bush is still recovering from his broken leg, he did however say he will run on his Pro Day in March.

DraftBoy
02-26-2007, 10:45 AM

Booker 4.46

Bush didnt run