PDA

View Full Version : Guys that I love at the combine so far

X-Era
02-25-2007, 09:20 PM
Heres my list of top guys IMO:

1) Robert Meachem- I loved him a Tenn. I think hes big, hes a gifted WR, but hes now a proven athlete. I t hink what I like the best is that this guy is a possibility in the early 2nd round considering the list of guys that all may end up with similar ratings Bowe, Meachem, Rice, Ginn Jr., Jarrett.

2) Samson Satele- I like him because hes polished, I think the pass protection drill really sold me. Hes the type that you can count on day one to protect your passer. He looks the part and get it done, hes a great athlete.

3) Troy Smith- We dont need him, we wont draft him, but hes gonna be a great QB in a few years, maybe 5. Hes got a very strong arm.

4) Chris Henry- Has all the athleticism you want, you have to wonder though about his tangible RB skills, vision, break tackle ability.

Bert102176
02-26-2007, 02:06 AM
Troy Smith I don't think he'll be drafted by anyone

clumping platelets
02-26-2007, 02:08 AM
I would include Joe Staley & Adam Carriker

LtFinFan66
02-26-2007, 02:09 AM
Troy Smith I don't think he'll be drafted by anyoneand you are high sir

LtFinFan66
02-26-2007, 02:10 AM
Anthony Gonzalez/WR/Ohio State: Gonzalez ran well, twice breaking the 4.4-second barrier, then looked spectacular catching the ball. Running crisp routes he displayed soft, natural hands, diving around the field to catch everything in sight. As a result Gonzalez has jumped into the initial 60 picks.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/nfl/02/25/pauline.combine/index.html

clumping platelets
02-26-2007, 02:19 AM
Gonzalez & T. Smith are both late day one picks.....

LtFinFan66
02-26-2007, 02:28 AM
Read the article. He has him in the TOP 60 picks. 2nd round! (Gonzo that is)

Don't Panic
02-26-2007, 04:14 AM
4) Chris Henry- Has all the athleticism you want, you have to wonder though about his tangible RB skills, vision, break tackle ability.

I'd watch him... I went to AZ and he's been a bit of a negative locker room influence since he's been there. The last thing we want to do is replace a cancer with a cancer.

X-Era
02-26-2007, 07:03 AM
I'd watch him... I went to AZ and he's been a bit of a negative locker room influence since he's been there. The last thing we want to do is replace a cancer with a cancer.

Its an important angle. I didnt have any info on his attitude and approach.

He may be a better athlete than a football player. My dark horse is Michael Bush. I expect him to run a sub- 4.5 40 when he runs in March.

DraftBoy
02-26-2007, 07:41 AM
Read the article. He has him in the TOP 60 picks. 2nd round! (Gonzo that is)

Not going to happen, Gonzo didnt have a great passing drill from a report I read, it wasnt bad but he needed a good one to go with his 40 time. Could have been speculation though.

DraftBoy
02-26-2007, 07:42 AM

Where are you getting this from? He's had a few good interviews and there was report last year that Mike Stoops loved the teams chemistry.

LtFinFan66
02-26-2007, 09:02 AM
Not going to happen, Gonzo didnt have a great passing drill from a report I read, it wasnt bad but he needed a good one to go with his 40 time. Could have been speculation though.it says up there that he caught everything in sight:idunno:

HHURRICANE
02-26-2007, 09:30 AM
The combine in my opinion isn't that big a deal. If you played well in college and do well at the comine than it helps.

The player I don't want is the one that played okay in college but had a great combine. The book of work means a lot more to me.

jpdex12
02-26-2007, 09:40 AM
it says up there that he caught everything in sight:idunno:

I watched him yesterday. He was snagging some balls! Looked good.

Ickybaluky
02-26-2007, 11:51 AM
and you are high sir

It is hard to believe he won't be drafted, but he is dropping like a rock.

According to this article (http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=570173) he looks like a late 3rd/4th round pick.

DraftBoy
02-26-2007, 11:57 AM
it says up there that he caught everything in sight:idunno:

I got my report from a guy who watched it "apparently" friggin liar

DraftBoy
02-26-2007, 11:57 AM
It is hard to believe he won't be drafted, but he is dropping like a rock.

According to this article (http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=570173) he looks like a late 3rd/4th round pick.

Ill be surprised if he's a Day 1 pick to be honest

PECKERWOOD
02-26-2007, 03:04 PM
Manny Ramirez and Ryan Kalil have been the most impressive OL to me.

tonyc37
02-26-2007, 03:24 PM
Troy Smith had a terrible combine and may have slipped to the 3rd or possibly the 4th round.Hurt himself more than helped himself.Guys I loved so far Lb's Willis, Shaw,and Durant,Olsen the TE,Okoye has a lot of upside.Timmons I lked going in,but had a bad 40 time which probably hurt him.