PDA

View Full Version : Well this off-season to me will tell us EVERYTHING

patmoran2006
02-25-2007, 10:21 PM
I shouldn't nor I guess should anybody here accuse the Bills of anything until we see what happens in Free agency (though I think I have a good idea)

But one thing nobody can dispute in here, whether your a "homer" a "realist" a "*******" or whatever term is the in-label of the day -- is that the next several weeks will undoubtedly show all of us if this team is really committed to winning and being a Super Bowl contender anytime soon-- or if Wilson is just contempt to put a team on the field and hope for the best.

without question we're going to lose our top two FA's in Fletcher and clements. We're probably going to lose our next best pair of FA's in Kelsay and Gandy (not that I really give a **** about them anyway).. We're almost certainly going to have a different RB once we trade McGahee, going into the last year of his deal anyway. And maybe the most talented and proven player on this team (Takeo Spikes) is at best uncertain, and many would not be surprised if he ends up falling short and getting cut.

We enter the free agency period not only having to worry about resigning our own best free agents (we won't)-- but we enter March exactly third in the entire NFL in regards to salary cap space.

What Wilson and his staff does once March 2 hits will show these fans exactly how committed they are to putting a winning team on the field this season. AFter seven playoff-less years and four consecutive blackouts last season, even Wilson must get the idea that a lot of fans are tiring of this ****.

Now while the knowledgable fan shouldn't expect Buffalo to sign or take a run at every big-name free agent, I think it's fair to say this team must sign at a minimum a couple of key free agents who will make this team better. 3-4 good free agents IMO is very reasonable.

Whether you like the guys I mentioned at the top or not (and some I dont like either) nobody in their sane mind is going to say that the Bills will lose those six players (and who knows, maybe more) sign a couple of castoff, basement free agents and use drafted rookies to fill all of these gaping holes.

So what we do once FA starts will shut everyone on here up (including myself) and we will know without question how committed this team really is to being a contender this year.. There are ZERO excuses this time around.