PDA

View Full Version : The 2 Scenarios Quinn ends up in Miami

patmoran2006
02-25-2007, 10:42 PM
1- Cleveland takes Adrian Peterson at RB with the third pick (not a reach at all)
2- Houston trades for Jake Plummer before the draft.

If those two things happen; write this down-- we will be facing Brady Quinn twice per year for the next decade, because he will be this year's Leinart and he WILL drop to the ninth spot.

1- Oakland- Taking Russell.. Will be a done deal prolly signed before draft.
2- Detroit- Taking Thomas
3- Cleveland- Key. LIke I said, if they go peterson
4- TB - Will sprint to podium for Calvin Johnson
5- Arizona- Got Leinart.. Will go defense.. Lets say Anderson for the hell of it.
6- Skins- Same thing.. Awful DL.. Lets go Branch here.
7- Vikes- They like their QB's future (Jackson)
8- HOuston- AGain the other key.. Might take Quinn, but NOT if they trade for Plummer. Then Id say they got LT and take Brown.

That leaves Miami at nine and Brady Quinn on the board. Its a very real possibility.

LtFinFan66
02-25-2007, 11:33 PM
Sounds ok to me. Still not sold on Quinn though

Oaklandraider
02-26-2007, 12:22 AM
Quinn may just end up in oakland im hearing alot of buzz on it right now in oakland.

YardRat
02-26-2007, 06:00 AM
I think Quinn's a lock for Cleveland.

patmoran2006
02-26-2007, 07:33 AM
NOt sure if they are ready to give up on Charlie Frye, and from everything I've heard they really like Peterson and consider him a franchise back.

Cant see Oakland not taking Russell, though I still think Quinn is going to be the better pro.

What's nice though is that Losman came on enough that we dont have to see a single thread talking about us trading up for him.

BILLSROCK1212
02-26-2007, 07:41 AM
Quinn could slip as far as Baltimore if the Panthers choose not to take him with the 14th pick and i know that this may seem crazy but if Baltimore decides it doesnt want a QB in the draft this year he may slip into the second round......I'm telling you guys we are in for a shocker with Brady Quinn on draft day

RockStar36
02-26-2007, 07:43 AM
He won't get past Miami.

BILLSROCK1212
02-26-2007, 07:44 AM
He won't get past Miami.after Miami paid all that money to Daunte Culpepper and he was injured all of last season dont u think that they will give him another shot?

DraftBoy
02-26-2007, 07:45 AM
Im perdicting Carolina at 14

RockStar36
02-26-2007, 07:47 AM
after Miami paid all that money to Daunte Culpepper and he was injured all of last season dont u think that they will give him another shot?

I guess it depends on what the new coaching staff wants to do. I'm wondering if Culpepper will ever be the same QB he was. I'd be surprised to see Miami pass if Quinn was still available.

BILLSROCK1212
02-26-2007, 07:48 AM
Im perdicting Carolina at 14
id have to agree with that because Delhome (sp?) had a poor year last year and he is only getting older which means his production will only decline but if the Panthers choose to wait on drafting a QB and Brady Quinn passes them he will fall verrrrrrry far

TacklingDummy
02-26-2007, 08:34 AM
What's nice though is that Losman came on enough that we dont have to see a single thread talking about us trading up for him.

Why trade up for him when he may be available at #12?

patmoran2006
02-26-2007, 08:46 AM
Dont be stupid.. you know as well as I do that Buffalo isnt looking at QB.

Cleveland is the most realistic possibility at #3 before Miami.

LtFinFan66
02-26-2007, 08:48 AM
He won't get past Miami.:goodpost:

TacklingDummy
02-26-2007, 09:01 AM

You never know. Not many thought Buffalo would waste the 8th pick on a safety last year.

feelthepain
02-26-2007, 10:32 AM

Cleveland is the most realistic possibility at #3 before Miami.

Cleveland = Peterson!

Does anyone else think Tampa Bay is being awful quite?? I wouldn't be surprised at all to see them take Brady.

feelthepain
02-26-2007, 10:51 AM
This was posted on finheaven:

Read at CNNSI, didn't see it posted-

3. I think the one interview Brady Quinn thought was original and a smart use of his time came in the Miami meeting room. Coach Cam Cameron asked Quinn midway through their time together how many run plays, how many pass protections and how many pass formations Notre Dame had. After Quinn answered, Cameron said: "OK, about seven minutes left. Go to the board and diagram every one of them.'' Quinn loved it, because it was a challenge that made him have to improvise and perform well under pressure. When the period ended, and Quinn didn't finish (obviously), Cameron told him the next time they met, he wanted him to do it again, only faster, losing none of the efficiency. (There's a draft hint, people. The Fins and Quinn will meet again before the draft.)

Link: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/peter_king/02/26/indy/3.html

Doesn't mean a whole lot right now, but I though it was interesting.

HAMMER
02-26-2007, 01:33 PM
Cleveland = Peterson!

Does anyone else think Tampa Bay is being awful quite?? I wouldn't be surprised at all to see them take Brady.

I don't understand why any org. would make a comment on what they are thinking pre-draft.

Mr. Miyagi
02-26-2007, 01:47 PM
This is all assuming that Miami would draft Quinn if he drops to them. So they're going to cut Harrington and let a big signing like Culpepper ride the bench? Does that make any sense?

feelthepain
02-26-2007, 01:49 PM
I don't understand why any org. would make a comment on what they are thinking pre-draft.

Because they are near the top of the heap, and no one above them will take Peterson over Russel or Johnson, plus if anyone else really wants Johnson, they'll have to trade up to get him. So they lay the ground work, if no one else wants him bad enough to trade up, the Browns take him. There's really no reason to keep it hush, hush. If they were say, where the Bills are 12, then yeah, I would keep my intention to myself.

!Papacrunk!
02-26-2007, 07:14 PM
after Miami paid all that money to Daunte Culpepper and he was injured all of last season dont u think that they will give him another shot?

the contract was very fair, we really didn't break the bank on him, the worst thing given up was last year's 2nd round pick.

If we were to draft a QB that high, I'm sure he'd ride the bench until he was ready to take the field--something that most teams do. Culpepper has already had to give up his job once, maybe that would be motivation not to let that happen again.

Bling
02-26-2007, 08:24 PM
I love how I was an idiot because I wanted Miami to draft a QB 1st round when Culpepper got benched for Harrington. Now the media picks up on it, and everyone else jumps on the bandwagon. Football fans really don't think for themselves, they listen to the media and assume that they're future GMs in the NFL.

!Papacrunk!
02-27-2007, 05:32 AM
I love how I was an idiot because I wanted Miami to draft a QB 1st round when Culpepper got benched for Harrington. Now the media picks up on it, and everyone else jumps on the bandwagon. Football fans really don't think for themselves, they listen to the media and assume that they're future GMs in the NFL.

other than making serious moves to move up in the draft, whom would we have drafted at 16 last year? OR do you mean, because of the Culpepper move, it'd be great to draft a QB this year?

Bling
02-27-2007, 03:00 PM
other than making serious moves to move up in the draft, whom would we have drafted at 16 last year? OR do you mean, because of the Culpepper move, it'd be great to draft a QB this year?

I was talking about drafting this year. I said it in October. I said cut our losses, and draft a QB. I was attacked by the usual at Phinzmania, but now it's the popular thing to do. I guess there's idiots in every fanbase.

!Papacrunk!
02-27-2007, 07:21 PM
I was talking about drafting this year. I said it in October. I said cut our losses, and draft a QB. I was attacked by the usual at Phinzmania, but now it's the popular thing to do. I guess there's idiots in every fanbase.

I heard that Mueller may subscribe to the belief of a different GM ( I believe he was/is the Packers GM) that one should draft a QB every draft. Of course one couldn't spend a high draft pick on a QB all of the time, but at least invest a pick and see if they'd pan out. I'd be completely comfortable with that theory.

feelthepain
02-27-2007, 07:34 PM
I heard that Mueller may subscribe to the belief of a different GM ( I believe he was/is the Packers GM) that one should draft a QB every draft. Of course one couldn't spend a high draft pick on a QB all of the time, but at least invest a pick and see if they'd pan out. I'd be completely comfortable with that theory.

Especially if we can turn a 5th or 6th round QB (like Tom Brady or Matt Schaub) into a 1st.

Bling
02-28-2007, 04:23 PM
Especially if we can turn a 5th or 6th round QB (like Tom Brady or Matt Schaub) into a 1st.

I thought Schaub was a 3rd rounder. Or am I thinking of Dave Ragone?