X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Romes
    • Jul 2002

Henry could be a FA

INDIANAPOLIS – Travis Henry could become one of the more desirable free agents if his agent and the Titans can't restructure his contract.

Looks like he could be a free agent.

If that happens would you want him back in Buffalo? Assuming of course the Bills are able to dump McGahee.
    Originally posted by paladin warrior
    RALPH is drove me nut.
  • LifetimeBillsFan
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Aug 2004

Re: Henry could be a FA

I doubt that he would consider coming back to Buffalo, even if the Bills wanted him.
    Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And, thus it was that they surrendered their freedom; not with a bang, but without even a whimper.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
      • May 2003

I like Travis better than Willis, if only because Travis gives it his best, play after play and game after game. But like Willis, he's an average back.

I'd like to find a young guy who might develop into something special, rather than going back to the recycling bin.
      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Dantheman1280
        I am the Man!
        • Mar 2004

Bringing back henry would instantly upgrade this team!! He is not the most polished runner, but he has more heart than any player I've seen in some time. You all are forgetting he played half a season on a broken fibula!!! Maybe he does not have the measurable, but the guy is a football player.

Please Marv bring back Travis

Comment

• Jan Reimers
          • May 2003

I guess I'm different than a lot of posters here, in that I'm not really in favor of bring back Henry, or Ruben Brown, or Eric Moulds, or Marcellus Wiley, or any number of ex-Bills whose names get bandied about.

It's time to move on to younger players with a future, rather than aging, average players with no upside.
          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• patmoran2006
            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
            • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Dantheman1280
            Bringing back henry would instantly upgrade this team!! He is not the most polished runner, but he has more heart than any player I've seen in some time. You all are forgetting he played half a season on a broken fibula!!! Maybe he does not have the measurable, but the guy is a football player.

Please Marv bring back Travis
            Great post.

I'd love to have Henry back. If he was a FA I don't put it past him to return to Buffalo because
            A) Its a business, and its about money
            B) The **** that went down with Travis and this team was on the old organizational people (Donahoe).. Dont know how he feels about Wilson.

Probably not very likely, but I'd love to see it happen. You said it right, he is a "football player". I'd give McGahee away for a bucket of driving range balls if we could land Henry

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Jan Reimers
              • May 2003

I see bringing back Travis as a way to be comfortable with mediocrity. Let's go young, instead.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                I see bringing back Travis as a way to be comfortable with mediocrity. Let's go young, instead.
                Being comfortable with mediocrity is letting guys like Fletcher and Clements walk away, and instead of replacing them with established vets, just plugging Ellison and Youboty into starting roles.

Travis Henry was one of the five best RB in football last year after he earned a full-time starting role.

Comment

• RockStar36
                  Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                  • Sep 2004

Five best?

He was 10th in the league in yards.
                  He was 15th in the leagye in rushing touchdowns.

D & S Sports

Comment

• DraftBoy
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                    Being comfortable with mediocrity is letting guys like Fletcher and Clements walk away, and instead of replacing them with established vets, just plugging Ellison and Youboty into starting roles.

Travis Henry was one of the five best RB in football last year after he earned a full-time starting role.
                    WHAT?!

You are way off in that assessment. Henry is settling, we need a game breaker, not a dime a dozen 1000 yd back.
                    COMING SOON...
                    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers

Both of your posts in this thread are spot on, could not agree with you more

COMING SOON...

Comment

• Talk0fNewYork
                        ~ I Can't Feel My Face ~
                        • Jan 2007

Bringing Henry back would make us an instant playoff contender, hands down!

Comment

• patmoran2006
                          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                          • Dec 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                          WHAT?!

You are way off in that assessment. Henry is settling, we need a game breaker, not a dime a dozen 1000 yd back.
                          what game breaker do you suggest?
                          Taking a RB early in the draft prohibits us (yet again) from addressing the real underlying problem of this team, the trenches.

if we were going to go out and be players in FA it would be one thing, but we both know that aint happening.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                            Administrator
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                            what game breaker do you suggest?
                            Taking a RB early in the draft prohibits us (yet again) from addressing the real underlying problem of this team, the trenches.

if we were going to go out and be players in FA it would be one thing, but we both know that aint happening.

I think going with a youngster like Taylor, Buckley, Henry, Booker all can be had in the 4th or lower and have the speed, vision, and ability to break games open.
                            COMING SOON...

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                              Unreachable Douche
                              • Jul 2002

Henry has no character and is not a Marv type player. He will never come back to Buffalo and the Bills don't want him.

Comment

Working...
                              X