PDA

View Full Version : Henry could be a FA

Romes
02-26-2007, 05:01 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Anfv9vYJe1pdZRMXPtTjA79DubYF?slug=jc-henry022507&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Looks like he could be a free agent.

If that happens would you want him back in Buffalo? Assuming of course the Bills are able to dump McGahee.

LifetimeBillsFan
02-26-2007, 06:29 AM
I doubt that he would consider coming back to Buffalo, even if the Bills wanted him.

Jan Reimers
02-26-2007, 06:48 AM
I like Travis better than Willis, if only because Travis gives it his best, play after play and game after game. But like Willis, he's an average back.

I'd like to find a young guy who might develop into something special, rather than going back to the recycling bin.

Dantheman1280
02-26-2007, 07:13 AM
Bringing back henry would instantly upgrade this team!! He is not the most polished runner, but he has more heart than any player I've seen in some time. You all are forgetting he played half a season on a broken fibula!!! Maybe he does not have the measurable, but the guy is a football player.

Please Marv bring back Travis

Jan Reimers
02-26-2007, 07:29 AM
I guess I'm different than a lot of posters here, in that I'm not really in favor of bring back Henry, or Ruben Brown, or Eric Moulds, or Marcellus Wiley, or any number of ex-Bills whose names get bandied about.

It's time to move on to younger players with a future, rather than aging, average players with no upside.

patmoran2006
02-26-2007, 07:30 AM
Bringing back henry would instantly upgrade this team!! He is not the most polished runner, but he has more heart than any player I've seen in some time. You all are forgetting he played half a season on a broken fibula!!! Maybe he does not have the measurable, but the guy is a football player.

Please Marv bring back Travis
Great post.

I'd love to have Henry back. If he was a FA I don't put it past him to return to Buffalo because
A) Its a business, and its about money
B) The **** that went down with Travis and this team was on the old organizational people (Donahoe).. Dont know how he feels about Wilson.

Probably not very likely, but I'd love to see it happen. You said it right, he is a "football player". I'd give McGahee away for a bucket of driving range balls if we could land Henry

Jan Reimers
02-26-2007, 07:33 AM
I see bringing back Travis as a way to be comfortable with mediocrity. Let's go young, instead.

patmoran2006
02-26-2007, 07:36 AM
I see bringing back Travis as a way to be comfortable with mediocrity. Let's go young, instead.
Being comfortable with mediocrity is letting guys like Fletcher and Clements walk away, and instead of replacing them with established vets, just plugging Ellison and Youboty into starting roles.

Travis Henry was one of the five best RB in football last year after he earned a full-time starting role.

RockStar36
02-26-2007, 07:42 AM
Five best?

He was 10th in the league in yards.
He was 15th in the leagye in rushing touchdowns.

DraftBoy
02-26-2007, 07:43 AM
Being comfortable with mediocrity is letting guys like Fletcher and Clements walk away, and instead of replacing them with established vets, just plugging Ellison and Youboty into starting roles.

Travis Henry was one of the five best RB in football last year after he earned a full-time starting role.

WHAT?!

You are way off in that assessment. Henry is settling, we need a game breaker, not a dime a dozen 1000 yd back.

DraftBoy
02-26-2007, 07:44 AM

Both of your posts in this thread are spot on, could not agree with you more :up:

:bf1:

Talk0fNewYork
02-26-2007, 08:10 AM
Bringing Henry back would make us an instant playoff contender, hands down!

patmoran2006
02-26-2007, 08:15 AM
WHAT?!

You are way off in that assessment. Henry is settling, we need a game breaker, not a dime a dozen 1000 yd back.
what game breaker do you suggest?
Taking a RB early in the draft prohibits us (yet again) from addressing the real underlying problem of this team, the trenches.

if we were going to go out and be players in FA it would be one thing, but we both know that aint happening.

DraftBoy
02-26-2007, 08:18 AM
what game breaker do you suggest?
Taking a RB early in the draft prohibits us (yet again) from addressing the real underlying problem of this team, the trenches.

if we were going to go out and be players in FA it would be one thing, but we both know that aint happening.

I think going with a youngster like Taylor, Buckley, Henry, Booker all can be had in the 4th or lower and have the speed, vision, and ability to break games open.

TacklingDummy
02-26-2007, 08:39 AM
Henry has no character and is not a Marv type player. He will never come back to Buffalo and the Bills don't want him.

HHURRICANE
02-26-2007, 08:43 AM
He's one crack pipe a way from playing for the Argonauts. I think he's a tough runner but not an option.

Bill Brasky
02-26-2007, 08:55 AM
i saw this this morning and was very intrigued.

i was one of the few who would have rather kept Henry than Willis... it'd be interesting to see if they at least consider it -- if and when Willis gets sent packing

Mr. Miyagi
02-26-2007, 11:08 AM
I guess I'm different than a lot of posters here, in that I'm not really in favor of bring back Henry, or Ruben Brown, or Eric Moulds, or Marcellus Wiley, or any number of ex-Bills whose names get bandied about.

It's time to move on to younger players with a future, rather than aging, average players with no upside.
I agree. Let's move on to younger players instead of being a Gregg Williams and keep reminiscing the past.

patmoran2006
02-26-2007, 11:44 AM
Travis Henry isn't old.

gr8slayer
02-26-2007, 11:46 AM
I'd take Henry over what we have now.

HHURRICANE
02-26-2007, 11:51 AM
I'd take Henry over what we have now.

I am officially killing this thread right now:

1) One more strike and he's out of footbal for a year.

2) He was injury prone and always has been.

3) The reason there's talk that he's available is due to the fact that he gets an 8 million dollar roster bonus March 1st. Jeff Fisher wants him back and they are just trying to rework his deal. However, if he does come here he's going to be asking for the same thing McGahee wants.

4) TD screwed us with the McGahee draft. It was a mistake to let Henry go. It's a bigger mistake to bring him back.

HAMMER
02-26-2007, 12:06 PM
Not gonna happen.

gr8slayer
02-26-2007, 12:13 PM
I doubt Henry would want to come back anyway.

ShadowHawk7
02-26-2007, 01:19 PM
I'll pass. He'll never play w/ us again in the first place w/ the way we treated him or play w/ any motivation. We'd be better off drafting a kid w/ high potential then a fairly, although tough, limited vet.

Billsrock4life
02-26-2007, 01:56 PM
Sure....Travis is a good back, i was sad when he was released cuz he was one of my favorite players...i bet he would come back to Buffalo, he seemed to like it pretty good here.

John Doe
02-26-2007, 04:43 PM
Does anyone remember why Henry was replaced by McGahee in the first place?

Henry stumbled his way out of Buffalo.

He had a pretty good season last year, but he sure played poorly the last year that he was here.

DynaPaul
02-26-2007, 05:59 PM
I try not to get back together with ex-girlfriends. There's a reason it didn't work the first time.