PDA

View Full Version : EXCLUSIVE Sam Adams interview on BuffaloBills.com......

Michael82
03-07-2003, 06:25 PM
(On Friday, the Bills are entertained Oakland defensive tackle Sam Adams, an unrestricted free agent. Following his tour of the facility and his meet-and-greet with the coaches, Adams answered a few questions)

Thoughts on Buffalo Bills

"This is a first class organization, facility, administration and staff. This organization is geared towards winning a world championship. As a player, a free agent especially, this is a situation that you want to be involved. From the janitor to the owner they are committed to winning a championship and that's something that every player wants to be a part of."

Offer Status

"That is between the Bills and my agent. I didn't come up here for all the pageantry and to look around. I came up here to find a home."

Finding a home

"As Brian Billick puts it, there's a time for football and there's a time for business. Right now it's time for football. I have a family; a wife and three kids to take care of and you better believe I'm going to do whatever it takes to take care of that family. Once I sign with an organization you better believe come Sunday I'm going to do whatever it takes to win.

I didn't plan on taking a one-year deal. I wanted to find a home. That's a pit stop, a one-year deal. I made a good decision, even though it was a terrible ending. I thank Mr. Davis and the entire Raider organization for giving me that opportunity to play for them and compete. I'm very thankful for that. I think that I can learn from that experience that I have and bring it to another organization. I've been there twice over the past three years. My goal is to help another team win another world championship.

I take it day by day and today I'm in Buffalo. Tomorrow I could be somewhere else. I am staying overnight and try to get something done. "

Playing in Cincinnati?

"I love Marvin Lewis and would go to war with him. He has helped my career and I also think that I helped his. I played hard for Marvin and he's a very good addition for Cincinnati. As far as playing for him, I will but this is a time that I have to decide. Right now I am in Buffalo and like I said, I came to find a home and not for a pit stop." FOR MORE, CLICK HERE: (http://www.buffalobills.com/news/index.cfm?cont_id=167770)

http://www.buffalobills.com/photos/sadams30803_subsq.jpg

Michael82
03-07-2003, 06:29 PM
These three quotes have REALLY got me excited.....

"I didn't come up here for all the pageantry and to look around. I came up here to find a home."

"I am staying overnight and try to get something done."

"Right now I am in Buffalo and like I said, I came to find a home and not for a pit stop."

The_Philster
03-07-2003, 06:41 PM
I loved those quotes too, Mike :up:

justasportsfan
03-07-2003, 06:44 PM
Do you think the bengals will allow us to have both Spikes and Adams? I think they will beg TD for one. :D

shelby
03-07-2003, 06:45 PM
He wants to feed his family......:bigmike:

Seriously......i think he would be a great addition if we can afford him.:up:

Michael82
03-07-2003, 06:49 PM
350 lbs!??!?! :eek:

:bigmike:

Michael82
03-07-2003, 06:52 PM
This tells a lot about how this team is headed....I see great things from TD and all! :up:

"This is a first class organization, facility, administration and staff. This organization is geared towards winning a world championship. As a player, a free agent especially, this is a situation that you want to be involved. From the janitor to the owner they are committed to winning a championship and that's something that every player wants to be a part of."

The Spaz
03-07-2003, 07:06 PM
Come and sign Sam there's room for plenty more....come one come all! Go Bills!

Buffarama
03-07-2003, 07:51 PM
God Bless Ralph, he's really gotten it together with TD and all.

Gunzlingr
03-07-2003, 08:11 PM
:hail: TD :hail: Sam :hail: Spikes :hail: Buffalo Bills!

JefftheBillsfan
03-07-2003, 08:15 PM
great finds mike!