X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

McGahee situation just got bigger!!!

I was thinking it when it happened and they just mentioned it on "moving the chains". Reese most likely violated league rules by mentioning McGahee as he is under contract with another team. They were saying that the Bills should be pissed right now.

In addition, and please read this. Pat Kirwan goes on tho say that he likes 90% of the players in the league and puts McGahee in the group that he doesn't like. I forget the name of the guy that was with him but they both said that when they did their camp tour last year he was the player they DISLIKED the most. They said that it would be hard to be a teammate of his. WOW!!!
  • gr8slayer
    • Feb 2005

Re: McGahee situation just got bigger!!!

I don't like him much either.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
      Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Kirwan has always had it out for the Bills. To this day he still criticized Marv's draft last year, even though it proved to be a good one.

Comment

• Bill Brasky
        Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
        • Jan 2004

anybody who didn't see this coming the day willis was drafted was only fooling themselves.

Comment

• JJamezz

Administrator Emeritus
          • Jul 2002

Isn't he also the guy that said nobody on the team liked JP, and that Willis & co. were hanging around Holcomb all through training camp?

(I'm not disputing that Willis isn't well liked, just pointing out that Kirwin is a douche)

Comment

• HHURRICANE
            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
            Kirwan has always had it out for the Bills. To this day he still criticized Marv's draft last year, even though it proved to be a good one.
            That's funny because he did rip on Marv for the "not tagging Clements" during the same segment.

Comment

• bigbub2352
              • Feb 2005

I hate to say it but i do like Willis, but the direction the team is going and the money time and effort we put into developing him, he needed to be a little more respectful to a team that took a huge chance on him and took him in the first round, he is not a Levy guy and his production even with a poor offensive line sucks, his effort (may he be underutilized or not) sucks, and his explosiveness that is needed nowadays to be a top 10 tunner is not there he has had 2 big runs in his career in the NFL and that is not good enough

it is time for new blood, maybe a RB by comittee, like a big back and a fast back,
              but we need a redzone threat, someone who actually gets a 3rd and 1 or scores from the goalline, can pass block, and can also read plays and knows when ot go out for a pass
              all and all i agree with trading him but i dont think we will get more than a third because his production is worse than travis henry when we traded him
              XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by JJamezz
                Isn't he also the guy that said nobody on the team liked JP, and that Willis & co. were hanging around Holcomb all through training camp?

(I'm not disputing that Willis isn't well liked, just pointing out that Kirwin is a douche)
                In fairness Tim Ryan was in the studio as well and he was ripping McGahee just as hard. He did defend Marv on the cap and was complimentary but said the "conference" wasn't that bright an idea. He also wasn't too high on the agreement not to tag Nate.

Comment

• feelthepain
                  All-Pro Zoner
                  • Mar 2005

This is not the kind of stuff you want going around if you're trying to move him.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                    • Feb 2005

A-Train > McGahee

Comment

• Michael82
                      • Jul 2002

Looks like I'm going to have to retire another jersey! Actually two of them....

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                        • Mar 2005

To stay on topic I'm basically making 2 points:

1) Do the Bills get any kind of compensation if Reese did violate league rules, which it appears he did, and what does that do to our situation?

2) Willis is a 100% certified ******* and is viewed that way outside of OBD.

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                          Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
                          • Jan 2004

what pisses me off is the guy in the giants organization blowing the horn on the whole situation. every team/FO gets trade offers... why was there a need to blow the smoke on this particular situation/deal?

now mcgahee knows the Bills are shopping him and he can use that to his advantage. it also doesn't look good because it seems like the Bills are seriously cleaning house.

nate, fletcher, kelsay... now willis? combined with ralph's constant whining and unwillingness to pay anybody other than in cracker jacks and jello... marv's press conference (which I think was blown out of proportion) things just aren't looking good right now for the Bills or the fans.

they won't be very active in free agency... and there's no way you can replace all that talent via 1 draft

Comment

• Michael82
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jfreeman
                            what pisses me off is the guy in the giants organization blowing the horn on the whole situation. every team/FO gets trade offers... why was there a need to blow the smoke on this particular situation/deal?

now mcgahee knows the Bills are shopping him and he can use that to his advantage. it also doesn't look good because it seems like the Bills are seriously cleaning house.

nate, fletcher, kelsay... now willis? combined with ralph's constant whining and marv's press conference (which I think was blown out of proportion) things just aren't looking good right now for the Bills or the fans.

they won't be very active in free agency... and there's no way you can replace all that talent via 1 draft

Comment

• JJamezz

Administrator Emeritus
                              • Jul 2002

I've always liked the kid too.. The way he acts (not studying the playbook, baby mommas, etc..) just don't line up with his personality - and I'm really starting to think it's not his attitude or that he's arrogant, maybe he's just reaaaally REAAALLY dumb. I mean, everybody knew he wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer, but maybe it goes further than that, perhaps learning disabilities, etc.

Or maybe I'm giving him too much credit...

Comment

Working...
                              X