PDA

View Full Version : McGahee situation just got bigger!!!

HHURRICANE
02-26-2007, 10:10 AM
I was thinking it when it happened and they just mentioned it on "moving the chains". Reese most likely violated league rules by mentioning McGahee as he is under contract with another team. They were saying that the Bills should be pissed right now.

In addition, and please read this. Pat Kirwan goes on tho say that he likes 90% of the players in the league and puts McGahee in the group that he doesn't like. I forget the name of the guy that was with him but they both said that when they did their camp tour last year he was the player they DISLIKED the most. They said that it would be hard to be a teammate of his. WOW!!!

gr8slayer
02-26-2007, 10:13 AM
I don't like him much either.

Mr. Miyagi
02-26-2007, 10:14 AM
Kirwan has always had it out for the Bills. To this day he still criticized Marv's draft last year, even though it proved to be a good one.

Bill Brasky
02-26-2007, 10:15 AM
anybody who didn't see this coming the day willis was drafted was only fooling themselves.

JJamezz
02-26-2007, 10:21 AM
Isn't he also the guy that said nobody on the team liked JP, and that Willis & co. were hanging around Holcomb all through training camp?

(I'm not disputing that Willis isn't well liked, just pointing out that Kirwin is a douche)

HHURRICANE
02-26-2007, 10:21 AM
Kirwan has always had it out for the Bills. To this day he still criticized Marv's draft last year, even though it proved to be a good one.

That's funny because he did rip on Marv for the "not tagging Clements" during the same segment.

bigbub2352
02-26-2007, 10:23 AM
I hate to say it but i do like Willis, but the direction the team is going and the money time and effort we put into developing him, he needed to be a little more respectful to a team that took a huge chance on him and took him in the first round, he is not a Levy guy and his production even with a poor offensive line sucks, his effort (may he be underutilized or not) sucks, and his explosiveness that is needed nowadays to be a top 10 tunner is not there he has had 2 big runs in his career in the NFL and that is not good enough

it is time for new blood, maybe a RB by comittee, like a big back and a fast back,
but we need a redzone threat, someone who actually gets a 3rd and 1 or scores from the goalline, can pass block, and can also read plays and knows when ot go out for a pass
all and all i agree with trading him but i dont think we will get more than a third because his production is worse than travis henry when we traded him

HHURRICANE
02-26-2007, 10:24 AM
Isn't he also the guy that said nobody on the team liked JP, and that Willis & co. were hanging around Holcomb all through training camp?

(I'm not disputing that Willis isn't well liked, just pointing out that Kirwin is a douche)

In fairness Tim Ryan was in the studio as well and he was ripping McGahee just as hard. He did defend Marv on the cap and was complimentary but said the "conference" wasn't that bright an idea. He also wasn't too high on the agreement not to tag Nate.

feelthepain
02-26-2007, 10:24 AM
This is not the kind of stuff you want going around if you're trying to move him.

gr8slayer
02-26-2007, 10:25 AM
A-Train > McGahee

Michael82
02-26-2007, 10:25 AM
Looks like I'm going to have to retire another jersey! Actually two of them.... :sigh:

HHURRICANE
02-26-2007, 10:27 AM
To stay on topic I'm basically making 2 points:

1) Do the Bills get any kind of compensation if Reese did violate league rules, which it appears he did, and what does that do to our situation?

2) Willis is a 100% certified ******* and is viewed that way outside of OBD.

Bill Brasky
02-26-2007, 10:28 AM
what pisses me off is the guy in the giants organization blowing the horn on the whole situation. every team/FO gets trade offers... why was there a need to blow the smoke on this particular situation/deal?

now mcgahee knows the Bills are shopping him and he can use that to his advantage. it also doesn't look good because it seems like the Bills are seriously cleaning house.

nate, fletcher, kelsay... now willis? combined with ralph's constant whining and unwillingness to pay anybody other than in cracker jacks and jello... marv's press conference (which I think was blown out of proportion) things just aren't looking good right now for the Bills or the fans.

they won't be very active in free agency... and there's no way you can replace all that talent via 1 draft :ill:

Michael82
02-26-2007, 10:31 AM
what pisses me off is the guy in the giants organization blowing the horn on the whole situation. every team/FO gets trade offers... why was there a need to blow the smoke on this particular situation/deal?

now mcgahee knows the Bills are shopping him and he can use that to his advantage. it also doesn't look good because it seems like the Bills are seriously cleaning house.

nate, fletcher, kelsay... now willis? combined with ralph's constant whining and marv's press conference (which I think was blown out of proportion) things just aren't looking good right now for the Bills or the fans.

they won't be very active in free agency... and there's no way you can replace all that talent via 1 draft :ill:
:sigh:

JJamezz
I've always liked the kid too.. The way he acts (not studying the playbook, baby mommas, etc..) just don't line up with his personality - and I'm really starting to think it's not his attitude or that he's arrogant, maybe he's just reaaaally REAAALLY dumb. I mean, everybody knew he wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer, but maybe it goes further than that, perhaps learning disabilities, etc.

Or maybe I'm giving him too much credit...

gr8slayer

nate, fletcher, kelsay... now willis? combined with ralph's constant whining and marv's press conference (which I think was blown out of proportion) things just aren't looking good right now for the Bills or the fans.

they won't be very active in free agency... and there's no way you can replace all that talent via 1 draft :ill:Maybe cleaning house is just what we need. Get rid of all the TD trash.

HHURRICANE
02-26-2007, 10:34 AM
I've always liked the kid too.. The way he acts (not studying the playbook, baby mommas, etc..) just don't line up with his personality - and I'm really starting to think it's not his attitude that he's arrogant, maybe he's just reaaaally REAAALLY dumb. I mean, everybody knew he wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer, but maybe it goes further than that, perhaps learning disabilities, etc.

Or maybe I'm giving him too much credit...

If the media is ripping on you about your attitude than it can't be that your just stupid. However, and I'm not joking, can this kid actually read? How do you not memorize a playbook?

Bill Brasky
02-26-2007, 10:34 AM
yeah, but to dispose of that much talent will set us back further than it will help.

by the time we get some decent players in here evans and losman's contracts will be up, and god knows Ralph won't pay them either.

RockStar36
02-26-2007, 10:36 AM
Looks like I'm going to have to retire another jersey! Actually two of them.... :sigh:

Me too. I lost 2 last year. Gained one old one. Picked up a new one a few weeks ago.

gr8slayer
02-26-2007, 10:37 AM
yeah, but to dispose of that much talent will set us back further than it will help.

by the time we get some decent players in here evans and losman's contracts will be up, and god knows Ralph won't pay them either.
The Titans (young team built via the draft) did pretty damn good last year against some pretty stiff competition. Not saying were on their level, but one good draft could do it for us. Imagine the Saints without Bush and Colston. Think they would have gone as far as they did without them?

Point is, one good draft can make you a contender.

HHURRICANE
02-26-2007, 10:40 AM

I'll say this one more time. We are potentially losing:

1) Clements
2) Fletcher
3) McGahee
4) Spikes
5) Kelsay
6) A-Train
7) Gandy

That's alot of players no matter how you slice it and that can't be good. I doubt we get rid of Spikes but the Buffalo news seemed prett confident that he might be gone. They also called us trading McGahee so I'm concerned.

HHURRICANE
02-26-2007, 10:41 AM
The Titans (young team built via the draft) did pretty damn good last year against some pretty stiff competition. Not saying were on their level, but one good draft could do it for us. Imagine the Saints without Bush and Colston. Think they would have gone as far as they did without them?

Brees?

JJamezz
02-26-2007, 10:41 AM
However, and I'm not joking, can this kid actually read? How do you not memorize a playbook?

That's exactly what I was thinking..

It's possible he's just lazy, or doesn't care and is incredibly nonchalant. But that completely goes against the type of person it takes to overcome the injury he had - there are not many people who could have done that.. regardless of how he acts now, he worked his ass off to get back from that injury, and that has to say something about him.

I remember seeing him on draft day, crying his eyes out when he got picked, and that kinda stuck with me. I'm not sticking up for the kid, and I think we are better off moving in another direction, BUT I also think there's more to this than we fans are aware of.

gr8slayer
02-26-2007, 10:42 AM
Brees?
Brees minus Bush/Colston = Half the wins.

gr8slayer
02-26-2007, 10:43 AM
That's exactly what I was thinking..

It's possible he's just lazy, or doesn't care and is incredibly nonchalant. But that completely goes against the type of person it takes to overcome the injury he had - there are not many people who could have done that.. regardless of how he acts now, he worked his ass off to get back from that injury, and that has to say something about him.

I remember seeing him on draft day, crying his eyes out when he got picked, and that kinda stuck with me. I'm not sticking up for the kid, and I think we are better off moving in another direction, BUT I also think there's more to this than we fans are aware of.I don't know if you have ever torn your ACL but it's not that hard to come back from anymore. I get what your saying but it really is not that impressive.

Bill Brasky
02-26-2007, 10:46 AM

yes, but my point is...

-they are willing to part with so much talent
-they will NOT spend all of their cap $
-they want to build through the draft
-fans aren't buying tickets

you cannot make up for that many losses in 1 offseason. even with an average draft these losses will be significant. even with a superb draft it will still be evident - there is no replacing experience.

point is - this team is seemingly plumetting into the abyss. they're parting with key starters and hoping upper-mid-round draft picks can fill the void.

nate is gone - meaning mcgee is now our #1 CB. that is not refreshing

fletcher will be gone - leaving us crowell and half of takeo spikes

kelsay will be gone - he wasn't even above average but his loss will be significant because of that very fact

willis wants to be gone - leaving anthony thomas and whoever else they decide to pick from the free agency rummage room

ralph thinks ticket sales are bad now? he wants to part with 3-4 of his biggest, marquee names and bank on hitting 5 home runs in the draft.

i know it's only feb, and i don't think the sky is falling, i just think the way he's operating his business he's doomed to fail.

gr8slayer
02-26-2007, 10:48 AM
yes, but my point is...

you cannot make up for that many losses in 1 offseason. even with an average draft these losses will be significant. even with a superb draft it will still be evident - there is no replacing experience.

point is - this team is seemingly plumetting into the abyss. they're parting with key starters and hoping upper-mid-round draft picks can fill the void.

fletcher will be gone - leaving us crowell and a memory of half of takeo spikes

kelsay will be gone - he wasn't even above average but his loss will be significant because of that very fact

willis wants to be gone - leaving anthony thomas and whoever else they decide to pick from the free agency rummage room

ralph thinks ticket sales are bad now? he wants to part with 3 of his biggest names and bank on hitting 5 home runs in the draft.

i know it's only feb, and i don't think the sky is falling, i just think the way he's operating his business he's doomed to fail.I don't diagree with what your saying but hey, maybe Marv knows what he's doing? I mean hell, we got better in his first year as GM. As long as we don't get worse he can get rid of and add whoever he wants. I just want to see the W's go up each year.

JJamezz
02-26-2007, 10:49 AM
I don't know if you have ever torn your ACL but it's not that hard to come back from anymore. I get what your saying but it really is not that impressive.

Have you ever torn your ACL, MCL and PCL at the same time?!?! Because THAT'S what Willis did..

Some people may have never WALKED normally again after that injury, let alone play professional football.

gr8slayer
02-26-2007, 10:50 AM
Have you ever torn your ACL, MCL and PCL at the same time?!?! Because THAT'S what Willis did..

Some people may have never WALKED normally again after that injury, let alone play professional football.
Tore my ACL, MCL, LCL (what ever the hell that is), and fractured my femur all at once. Went on to play college, and semi-pro. Was it a *****? Yeah, but not the hardest thing to recover from ESPECIALLY if there's money on the line.

Bill Brasky
02-26-2007, 10:52 AM
I just want to see the W's go up each year.
that's all i care about, but i don't see it happening if they allow all these guys to jump ship.

i was of the mindset that last year they should have upgraded the lines. most fans knew fletcher and nate were up for contracts this year. rebuilding the lines last year eliminates that need, that way they could have focused - and had $ - on resigning those guys or filling the needs with their higher picks this year.

now they are stuck rebuilding everything and have already said they don't intend on utilizing all their cap space.

stupid, stupid moves.

Dr. Lecter
02-26-2007, 10:53 AM
Tore my ACL, MCL, LCL (what ever the hell that is), and fractured my femur all at once. Went on to play college, and semi-pro. Was it a *****? Yeah, but not the hardest thing to recover from ESPECIALLY if there's money on the line.

How was your 4.4 speed after the injury?

JJamezz
02-26-2007, 11:00 AM

Ok, then you know very well what he went through to get back to form...

Now let me ask you this, knowing the hard work and mindset it took you to recover from that kind of injury.. when you finally got back on the field, and had a 'second chance' so to speak, would you have then said, 'Aw, f*** it, I don't feel like studying my playbook anymore'.. to work so hard and then piss it away because he suddenly became lazy, or 'doesn't want to be in Buffalo' just doesn't make any sense to me. That's all I'm saying.

camelcowboy
02-26-2007, 11:02 AM
Michael Bush round 2?

Mr. Miyagi
02-26-2007, 11:02 AM
I remember seeing him on draft day, crying his eyes out when he got picked, and that kinda stuck with me. I'm not sticking up for the kid, and I think we are better off moving in another direction, BUT I also think there's more to this than we fans are aware of.
Here you go JJ. :miyagi:

RockStar36
02-26-2007, 11:06 AM

This is complete bull****. Not that hard? It took a full NFL season to come back. And then when he did, he played well in the NFL. Not semi-pro junk ball. Give me a break.

Michael82
02-26-2007, 11:07 AM
Me too. I lost 2 last year. Gained one old one. Picked up a new one a few weeks ago.
I retired Moulds last year. And now I have a McGahee home authentic and away replica to retire if he is traded. Plus, a home authentic and replica of Spikes if he is cut.

I'll have to start all over again. The only one left is Losman and of course my Thurman Thomas one. :up:

Michael82
02-26-2007, 11:10 AM
yes, but my point is...

fletcher will be gone - leaving us crowell and half of takeo spikes

ralph thinks ticket sales are bad now? he wants to part with 3-4 of his biggest, marquee names and bank on hitting 5 home runs in the draft.

i know it's only feb, and i don't think the sky is falling, i just think the way he's operating his business he's doomed to fail.
Thanks for that, man! :sigh:

Now I want to go jump off the Peace Bridge. :ill: :wail:

:( :mad:

Mr. Miyagi
02-26-2007, 11:10 AM
Willis MaGahee is a punk ass. If he wants to hold out, let him rot. Otherwise I'd take a 3rd and a 6th for him.

gr8slayer
02-26-2007, 11:14 AM
How was your 4.4 speed after the injury?
Never could get higher than 4.8 after the injury but the coaches also wanted me to gain 30-40 more pounds so I lost some speed because of the weight.

My leg got alot stronger than my good leg though.

gr8slayer
02-26-2007, 11:18 AM
Ok, then you know very well what he went through to get back to form...

Now let me ask you this, knowing the hard work and mindset it took you to recover from that kind of injury.. when you finally got back on the field, and had a 'second chance' so to speak, would you have then said, 'Aw, f*** it, I don't feel like studying my playbook anymore'.. to work so hard and then piss it away because he suddenly became lazy, or 'doesn't want to be in Buffalo' just doesn't make any sense to me. That's all I'm saying.
Man when I came back after a year of recovery I couldn't help but freaking cry I was so happy to be back on the field. I think McGahee's problem is he bought into him being a top five pick before the injury (which he no doubt would have been.) But once he got injured he knew he would drop, but didn't know he would drop so far and to a team like the Bills where he would never get any media coverage like his boys Shockey, Portis, Lewis, Edge, so on and so on.

All and all he is just a spoiled ***** and should have been so grateful that we gave him a second chance. But oh well, **** him.

I would rather have Shaud Williams with all the heart he brings to the field starting for me any day over a no heart potential all star like McGahee.

gr8slayer
02-26-2007, 11:19 AM
Willis MaGahee is a punk ass. If he wants to hold out, let him rot. Otherwise I'd take a 3rd and a 6th for him.
If he holds out that would be equal to committing career suicide. The way the league works now nobody is going to pay what he wants for a guy that has a losers attitude like that.

RockStar36
02-26-2007, 11:22 AM
Shaud Williams? I think you're taking this a bit to far now.

gr8slayer
02-26-2007, 11:25 AM
Shaud Williams? I think you're taking this a bit to far now.
As a person who has played football the better part of my life I will take the guy with the heart and less talent over a bum who doesn't want to be a part of what your team believes in.

I've never met a good football player that didn't have heart.

gr8slayer
02-26-2007, 11:33 AM
This is complete bull****. Not that hard? It took a full NFL season to come back. And then when he did, he played well in the NFL. Not semi-pro junk ball. Give me a break.
It's not that hard, it really isn't. Only about the first three months after the surgery.

Bill Brasky
02-26-2007, 11:37 AM
i honestly could have cared less about the guy's personal life. i'm a fan of the team, not what guys do off the field.

his half-hearted attitude on the field is what has alienated a lot of us - some from the beginning... and now it's been verified by sources within the organization.

HHURRICANE
02-26-2007, 11:41 AM
i honestly could have cared less about the guy's personal life. i'm a fan of the team, not what guys do off the field.

his half-hearted attitude on the field is what has alienated a lot of us - some from the beginning... and now it's been verified by sources within the organization.

I'm just sick over the butt-****in we got from TD. I have never seen such an egotisitical ******* that put himself before the team. McGahee was a 1st round pick so let's not forget that. Mike Williams, Bledsoe (caught us a 1st), and McGahee. That makes me want to puke.

streetkings01
02-26-2007, 11:41 AM

(I'm not disputing that Willis isn't well liked, just pointing out that Kirwin is a douche)That was the guy in your avatar who said that!

Bill Brasky
02-26-2007, 11:47 AM
I think about it like this --

If McGahee is traded, he has to be considered one of the worst draft picks in Bills history.

-wasted a round 1 pick
-already had a competent starting RB who played through severe injuries
-started a RB controversy
-talks smack about the city and team
-puts up sub-par numbers
-longest career run came in a preseason game

Mr. Miyagi
02-26-2007, 12:09 PM
I've never met a good football player that didn't have heart.
Randy Moss?

mysticsoto
02-26-2007, 12:10 PM

If McGahee is traded, he has to be considered one of the worst draft picks in Bills history.

-wasted a round 1 pick
-puts up sub-par numbers

I wouldn't go that far and say worst draft pick - especially when you compare him to Erik Flowers or Mike Williams...it is especially hard knowing that Larry Johnson was taken just a few picks after us.

But even so, we had Travis Henry at the time, so taking a RB was stupid anyway (which enraged me back then)...however, if I recall, TD mentioned that they were happy to get Chris Kelsay falling to them in the 2nd rd since they were debating to take him in the 1st rd...I think I would have felt worse if Kelsay would have been a 1st rd pick with how he has played...

gr8slayer
02-26-2007, 12:12 PM
Randy Moss?
Not since Culpepper left him.

HHURRICANE
02-26-2007, 12:13 PM
I wouldn't go that far and say worst draft pick - especially when you compare him to Erik Flowers or Mike Williams...it is especially hard knowing that Larry Johnson was taken just a few picks after us.

But even so, we had Travis Henry at the time, so taking a RB was stupid anyway (which enraged me back then)...however, if I recall, TD mentioned that they were happy to get Chris Kelsay falling to them in the 2nd rd since they were debating to take him in the 1st rd...I think I would have felt worse if Kelsay would have been a 1st rd pick with how he has played...

That's like saying I got mugged but I was lucky enough not to get raped.

RockStar36
02-26-2007, 12:14 PM

-wasted a round 1 pick
-puts up sub-par numbers

The pick came in a trade with ATL for Peerless so I don't consider it a wasted pick. It was kind like a free pick anyways.

TacklingDummy
02-26-2007, 12:15 PM

The 1st round pick for Rob Johnson was pretty bad.

Not to mention the Jags also got our 4th rounder.

mysticsoto
02-26-2007, 12:18 PM
That's like saying I got mugged but I was lucky enough not to get raped.

Perhaps if you got raped by another man, the feeling for you would be the same as getting mugged...I think getting raped is alot worse - unless you are into that sort of thing... :D

gr8slayer
02-26-2007, 12:22 PM
The 1st round pick for Rob Johnson was pretty bad.

Not to mention the Jags also got our 4th rounder.
I think I just threw up alittle.

JJamezz
02-26-2007, 12:23 PM
That was the guy in your avatar who said that!

You sure? Whoever it was had actually spent a day at Bills camp, and I thought that was Kirwan, and not King.. Oh well, they're both *******s! :dance:

HAMMER
02-26-2007, 01:27 PM
Why do you guys spend 250 bucks on jerseys of players that will only be around a few years? Just put your nickname on the back like "edited for TOS" or "Helmet Guy". Makes no sense.

PECKERWOOD
02-26-2007, 02:56 PM
Keep Willis this one last season and then let him walk. People are forgetting that Willis is in his contract year and he is going to have to put up or shut up because teams are not going to pay him the money he so desires if he doesn't have a monster year.

Bill Brasky
02-26-2007, 02:59 PM
I wouldn't go that far and say worst draft pick
i didn't say "worst"...

i said "one of the worst"

for a guy who was touted as a huge upgrade to what we had (travis henry) and the superstar/face of the organization... he has dropped the ball big time.

Michael82
02-26-2007, 03:34 PM
Why do you guys spend 250 bucks on jerseys of players that will only be around a few years? Just put your nickname on the back like "edited for TOS" or "Helmet Guy". Makes no sense.
Who's spending $250? Not me! If I want a new jersey, I will either buy a replica or get an authentic on ebay for dirt cheap. I've never paid more than $65 for my jerseys. :up:

Bert102176
02-26-2007, 04:55 PM
I won't buy any jerseys anymore after the Moulds and Henry jerseys I bought cause when I get a jersey they leave so the heck with it

Pinkerton Security
02-26-2007, 05:20 PM

As can making what turned out to be the biggest signing of the off-season (brees going to the saints), and having the stability of a workhorse back (both McCallister and THenry helped their teams considerably), along with great coaches. I'm not saying the Bills cant reload if they make good picks, but our team is thin enough on talent.