PDA

View Full Version : The big offseason question we need to

acehole
02-26-2007, 10:29 AM
Is Yobooty ready? I mean why draft a guy if he will not play? If I were the bills I would make Yobooty an all pro by getting a pass rush together. Whether we do it by an attacking LB or DL is the more interesting question. Willis is a great option but if we get the 19 year old Amobi Okoye we can also press with D-line...him and a heathy Mcargo....rotating K.Williams and Tripplett ...would it be enough? I think out of all the FA's we have that we will work to keep Kelsay for 2 reasons...1. He is cheap and 2.Upgrading the D-line inside will make him better outside. That then leaves LB.....we need another 1 Rounder I am afraid or Mcgahee for a top middle linbacker would be cool.....

RockStar36
02-26-2007, 10:54 AM
It's Youboty!!!!!

Why can't anyone get it?

acehole
02-26-2007, 10:56 AM
It's Youboty!!!!!

Why can't anyone get it?

Funny!

HHURRICANE
02-26-2007, 11:37 AM
Funny!

No dude, it's Youboty. I don't think he's joking with you.

patmoran2006
02-26-2007, 11:39 AM
Kelsay is NOT going to be cheap, in this market this year, he will be severly overpaid.. Good, cause I dont want him anyway.

and unless Youboty can pull from the left guard spot and open up some holes, he's far from the big offseason question.

OpIv37
02-26-2007, 11:41 AM
the answer to your question is no- he's not ready to start. He needs to play some nickel to get his feet wet.

I think we need someone like Harper to replace Clements while we groom Youboty for a season.

OpIv37
02-26-2007, 11:42 AM
and patmoran is right- kelsay's a waste of money. I'd rather re-sign Hargrove and have him share time with Denney.

RockStar36
02-26-2007, 11:44 AM
Harper isn't going to sign a short term deal with Buffalo so he can groom Youboty.

OpIv37
02-26-2007, 12:22 PM
Harper isn't going to sign a short term deal with Buffalo so he can groom Youboty.

well of course not, but if you structure the deal so it's cap friendly if we have to cut him in a year or two, no big deal. It can be done, especially since Marv seemed intent on front-loading contracts in his PC anyway. And then we let Youboty, Harper and McGee fight it out for the two starting spots and the 3rd can be the nickel. That sounds pretty damn good to me.

DraftBoy
02-26-2007, 12:45 PM
well of course not, but if you structure the deal so it's cap friendly if we have to cut him in a year or two, no big deal. It can be done, especially since Marv seemed intent on front-loading contracts in his PC anyway. And then we let Youboty, Harper and McGee fight it out for the two starting spots and the 3rd can be the nickel. That sounds pretty damn good to me.

Well thats all well and good but why the hell would Harper sign here? He will know the eventual replacement is behind him and even if its front loaded I think he wants to get paid over the long haul not just for a year or two then get beat out by a rookie and lower his value.

RockStar36
02-26-2007, 12:51 PM
Well thats all well and good but why the hell would Harper sign here? He will know the eventual replacement is behind him and even if its front loaded I think he wants to get paid over the long haul not just for a year or two then get beat out by a rookie and lower his value.

That's what I was thinking.

Philagape
02-26-2007, 12:55 PM
It's February and people are saying who's ready or not to start :rofl:

OpIv37
02-26-2007, 01:03 PM
It's February and people are saying who's ready or not to start :rofl:

there is no substitute for game experience and Youboty has about 3 plays worth of it.

Philagape
02-26-2007, 01:06 PM
I know this is a message board, which means everybody talks like they have 10 times more knowledge than they actually have, but to judge the starting lineup before any minicamps, training camp and preseason, substituting our frame of reference and firsthand knowledge for the coaching staff's, is absurd even by message-board standards.