PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody find it interesting...

Bill Brasky
02-26-2007, 11:01 AM
This whole situation got me thinking.

Marv admitted in his PC that he had no clue what Willis said to Penthouse. At first, I thought Marv might have been playing it cool, not wasting his time on such stupidity.

Now that rumors are abound that Willis could be moved, do you think Marv truthfully did not know the extent of Willis' comments?

It seems odd that Marv had no clue what was said and everything seemed fine. Since he was made aware of the comments, Willis has become trade bait.

Hmmm :scratch:

RockStar36
02-26-2007, 11:02 AM
I think he was just playing it cool. He's to smart to get involved in a media thing like that.

Dr. Lecter
02-26-2007, 11:02 AM
I don't know if he became trade bait after the comments or before.

Ed
02-26-2007, 11:18 AM
I think Marv knew about the comments all along, I mean how could he not when everyone else did? I think he took the right approach. Everyone made a much bigger deal out of it then it actually was and he didn't see any point in trying to address it.

Bill Brasky
02-26-2007, 11:20 AM
let it be known that I think his PC was blown way outta proportion by the local media... but I do find it interesting that no mention of him being traded happened until all that took place.

gr8slayer
02-26-2007, 11:24 AM
Marv's no dummy. He knew about the comments right when they were said, his Jedi powers allow him to read into the minds of the players on the payroll.

Ed
02-26-2007, 11:30 AM
let it be known that I think his PC was blown way outta proportion by the local media... but I do find it interesting that no mention of him being traded happened until all that took place.
I don't know, it's not like this was the first week that the idea of moving McGahee was brought up. I don't think it was Marv's intention either to have it be leaked out to the public the way it did.

RockStar36
02-26-2007, 11:33 AM
As March 2nd gets closer, more and more rumors/information is brought out to the public. I think this is a perfect example.

Mudflap1
02-26-2007, 01:07 PM
Yeah, March 2nd is approaching, and the combine is an area where a lot of rumors get started due to all of the personnel people being in the same place. There's more merit to that than anything.

Jon

justasportsfan
02-26-2007, 01:24 PM
I don't think Marv really cares what his players say. Both Thurman and Bruce were the biggest douche's when addressing media but they did their job on the field. Their efforts on the field were unquestionable while Willis was filled with question marks.

jmb1099
02-26-2007, 06:02 PM
Marv was aware. The decision to dump WM was made about three seconds after the season was over.

DynaPaul
02-26-2007, 06:04 PM
If he truly didn't know at the press conference I'm sure someone gave him the info after it...

Forward_Lateral
02-27-2007, 06:08 AM
Marv just didn't want to admit that he reads Penthouse. :snicker: