PDA

View Full Version : Why the hell did they start Biron Sat??

mchurchfie
02-26-2007, 11:58 AM
He has asserted himself in the league long enough that he didn't need to be showcased. Why would you risk him to injury before you trade him. Not only that but he totally stunk up the place giving up three very soft goals lowering his trade value even more and putting the team in a hole that they couldn't come back from on the scoreboard. That was a stupid move to say the least in my opinion.:down:

RockStar36
02-26-2007, 11:59 AM
I was saying the same thing Saturday. Maybe they wanted him to get a full game since he was thrown out of the other? Either way, I didn't agree with it.

Typ0
02-26-2007, 02:33 PM
ruff said prior to the first game against OTT that MB would be starting both games.

Bill Brasky
02-26-2007, 03:01 PM
i thought they would have started him for fear of OTT running at Miller.

Meathead
02-26-2007, 03:04 PM
what goals were very soft

as i recall i only felt one of them was a little weak but the others were very nice setups by the sens

and it was miller who made the biggest gaff being a little careless with too many guys behind the net on the winner

ruff only pulled him to try to provide a spark imo, and it almost worked

i think youre overreacting

mchurchfie
02-26-2007, 03:05 PM
i thought they would have started him for fear of OTT running at Miller.
Good point but in the long run it panned out to be not a very good idea.:ill:

mchurchfie
02-26-2007, 03:10 PM
what goals were very soft

as i recall i only felt one of them was a little weak but the others were very nice setups by the sens

and it was miller who made the biggest gaff being a little careless with too many guys behind the net on the winner

ruff only pulled him to try to provide a spark imo, and it almost worked

i think youre overreacting
Maybe they weren't all soft goals but Miller probably would have stopped all or most of them. Marty looked extemely ordinary on all of those goals. It didn't help his stock at all. I felt at least two of them were pretty soft and stoppable. It seemed to affect Biron and he let it spiral out of control in a hurry.

Meathead
02-26-2007, 08:08 PM
well i really didnt see it that way

the one area i might agree with you is that marty isnt as adept as miller at lateral movement and three of the goals he allowed were very nice cross ice passes by the sens

but i would also say that miller is probably one of the best goalies ive ever seen at that kind of save and its not entirely fair to judge marty based on that. most goalies wouldnt do much better imo