PDA

View Full Version : Tim Anderson Signed

Italian Stallion
02-26-2007, 01:03 PM
http://www.wgr550.com/bills/fullstory.php?id=2201

why?? This guy was inactive towards the end of the year. I think he's a scrub.

DraftBoy
02-26-2007, 01:04 PM
GOD WHY?!?!?!?

gr8slayer
02-26-2007, 01:05 PM
Maybe we won't be signing a DL in the first round.

HHURRICANE
02-26-2007, 01:06 PM
:puke:

Italian Stallion
02-26-2007, 01:10 PM
This pisses me off alot. No one better try and defend this and say it's a nice depth move. Dude was INACTIVE in favor of 6th reciever GEORGE WILSON for the game at Baltimore.

The guy flat out sucks, and is a waste of money now at this point. Maybe he has some compromising pics of Marv at his disposal or something.

patmoran2006
The ABSOLUTE COMMITTMENT to cheapness and mediocrity officially continues.

They signed Anderson.. THey already have Tripplett, Williams and McCargo.. That's four DT's..

That means say goodbye to ANY chance of signing a DT in FA like a Scott or whomever.

That also means say goodbye to any chance of drafting someone like Okoye, who I'd say is 50% to be on the board for us.

This team is f'n UNREAL, CHEAP and never EVER learns anymore.. our run defense up the middle is dispicible.. So what do we do instead of getting a real run stuffer via FA or draft; we sign the biggest jerkoff to put on a Bills uniform in three years.

HHURRICANE
This is unbelieveable. Tim Anderson SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS.

This is the direction that we are going? We resign one of our ****tiest players.

Dicknoze69
02-26-2007, 01:13 PM
That link didn't work for me.

And even if we did sign him, we can easily cut him during training camp for cheap provided there was no signing bonus. I don't see the harm in bringing the guy to camp. I'm sure they will still sign someone else for our run defense.

OpIv37
02-26-2007, 01:14 PM
wow, the word "disappointed" doesn't begin to describe. This guy flat out BLOWS. He never got any penetration on passing plays and is CONSISTENTLY blown off the ball on running plays. He's terrible.

I wish we could just put a big pile of **** on the field in his place- at least then the other team will take an extra half second or so to go around it rather than run right through it like they do with Anderson.

casdhf
02-26-2007, 01:15 PM
Aren't these tenders a 1 year deal with no bonus? What's the harm ... if he sucks, he gets cut ... no harm done. Relax.

Italian Stallion
02-26-2007, 01:15 PM
The damn tender level is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay to high. 3rd pick? Near a million for a big fat turd.

Are they that "scared" someone is gonna snag him away in RFA, and go through all the trouble of making up and offer and waiting the 7 days....etc. (what a blessing in disguise that would be)

patmoran2006
02-26-2007, 01:16 PM
Of course he's cheaper.. We'll let any and all of our decent (more expensive FA's walk) and then we will sign our absolute jerkoffs..

Dont get me wrong, I know a roster has to be filled with "depth" and role players.. But not only this guy a bum,but like I said before.... Say Goodbye to any chance of drafting a monster like Okoye, Branch or scoring a real DT in fa..

NOT a very good sign here folks.. I dont even think Tim Anderson's own mother , or even worse, Dr Letcher can make a good case for this resigning.

HHURRICANE
02-26-2007, 01:16 PM
:poop:
wow, the word "disappointed" doesn't begin to describe. This guy flat out BLOWS. He never got any penetration on passing plays and is CONSISTENTLY blown off the ball on running plays. He's terrible.

I wish we could just put a big pile of **** on the field in his place- at least then the other team will take an extra half second or so to go around it rather than run right through it like they do with Anderson.:lmao:

Op that is one of the funniest things I have ever read!!!!!!!!!

ShadowHawk7
02-26-2007, 01:17 PM
Damn it.

OpIv37
02-26-2007, 01:17 PM
Aren't these tenders a 1 year deal with no bonus? What's the harm ... if he sucks, he gets cut ... no harm done. Relax.

what's this "if" stuff? We KNOW he sucks- he spent the last two years demonstrating it on the field. If we want to win, we need to do better than Tim ****ing Anderson.

Italian Stallion
02-26-2007, 01:19 PM
say it with me......GEORGE WILSON and JASON JEFFERSON were active over this guy.

I wanna puke all over myself right now and eat it.

billsburgh
02-26-2007, 01:19 PM
please tell me this is a fuggin joke. why would they even consider resigning this worthless pos?

JPFBillsFan
02-26-2007, 01:21 PM
Who Cares....water under the bridge...Marv already said the best FA are your own.....who cares.....Keep the focus on the DRAFT.....He'll find a big clogger whom will win the spot over him anyway,.....

patmoran2006
02-26-2007, 01:28 PM
Who Cares....water under the bridge...Marv already said the best FA are your own.....who cares.....Keep the focus on the DRAFT.....He'll find a big clogger whom will win the spot over him anyway,.....

Fletcher.. Clements.. Gandy.. Kelsay.. A-Train.. Maybe in that case the best FA's are your own..

But odds are at least 4 of them 5 walk, we sign nobody of value to take their spot, and we start off with Tim ****ing Anderson.

10 bucks says Shaud Williams is next.

BillsNick
02-26-2007, 01:29 PM
God, some of you people are amazing. Guy signs a meaningless contract, from which he may be cut anyways, and you guys are screaming bloody murder. Get a ****ing grip. Jesus.

Mudflap1
Harmless signing... not a fan of Anderson's, but it's a one year tender (RFA) with no signing bonus. Shows that the Bills will probably offer the tender to those that it applies. If they don't play well at camp, they are cut. Let's not jump off of the bridge before FA or the draft even starts...

Jon

HHURRICANE
Who Cares....water under the bridge...Marv already said the best FA are your own.....who cares.....Keep the focus on the DRAFT.....He'll find a big clogger whom will win the spot over him anyway,.....:negrep:

Sorry dude but this "isn't water under the bridge" but a roster spot. He got more chances than most players get in a life time.

HHURRICANE
02-26-2007, 01:30 PM
God, some of you people are amazing. Guy signs a meaningless contract, from which he may be cut anyways, and you guys are screaming bloody murder. Get a ****ing grip. Jesus.

You don't resign ****ty players.

justasportsfan
Relax.

for a second I thought I was at FH. The zone has turned into a freaking soap opera. Tears are flowing everwhere. People over reacting left and right. Most of whom are the ones who said it would take a miracle to win 4-5 games. They're baaaack!!!

DraftBoy
Fletcher.. Clements.. Gandy.. Kelsay.. A-Train.. Maybe in that case the best FA's are your own..

But odds are at least 4 of them 5 walk, we sign nobody of value to take their spot, and we start off with Tim ****ing Anderson.

10 bucks says Shaud Williams is next.

I will drive to NY and beat you if this comes true, just for daring to mention it

patmoran2006
02-26-2007, 01:31 PM
If Okoye is on the board they BETTER draft him.. This guy is the next Tommie harris in the making.

Signing bonus or not, F Anderson and they better take Okoye if he is there.

justasportsfan
02-26-2007, 01:32 PM
People here said Reed was ****ty. *****es. I'm not saying Anderson is anything great, but I trust our FO knows what they're doing before I start over reacting.

BillsNick
02-26-2007, 01:32 PM

Dude, smoke a ****ing cig, or go outside and take a walk or something.

OpIv37
02-26-2007, 01:33 PM

first, some of us would like to see better players in camp.

second, if you get in camp, there's a chance you'll get on the roster. And we need guys better than Tim Anderson on the roster. I refuse to believe that with all the cap space we have, Marv can't find someone to bring into camp who's better than Anderson.

Re-signing garbage like this is the reason the Bills have sucked so bad over the last few years.

HHURRICANE
02-26-2007, 01:33 PM
for a second I thought I was at FH. The zone has turned into a freaking soap opera. Tears are flowing everwhere. People over reacting left and right. Most of whom are the ones who said it would take a miracle to win 4-5 games. They're baaaack!!!

I was just thinking that I had not seen you here in a while.

By the way I predicted 7 wins but this is an absolute stupid signing.

OpIv37
02-26-2007, 01:34 PM
People here said Reed was ****ty. *****es. I'm not saying Anderson is anything great, but I trust our FO knows what they're doing before I start over reacting.

Reed is an inconsistent #3 WR who gets #2 money.

and welcome back.

justasportsfan
02-26-2007, 01:35 PM
I was just thinking that I had not seen you here in a while.

By the way I predicted 7 wins but this is an absolute stupid signing.like I said, Reed was a supposedly stupid signing. They were WRONG!

BillsNick
02-26-2007, 01:37 PM
This thread is grade A, top choice turd.

Who the f cares that we signed Tim Anderson to meaningless 1 year deal. The dude will probably get cut anyways. Every year, we do the same thing. We sign a bunch of plays that make you shake your head, and then 99 percent of them end up getting cut. I'm going to give the PROFESSIONALS in the front office the benefit of the doubt here and assume that they will do what is best for the team.

This whole "the sky is falling" crap is so friggin old.

Mr. Miyagi
02-26-2007, 01:38 PM
I wish we could just put a big pile of **** on the field in his place- at least then the other team will take an extra half second or so to go around it rather than run right through it like they do with Anderson.
:rofl:

patmoran2006
02-26-2007, 01:38 PM
Actually he makes $2.5 million per year, and got a $2 million signing bonus and he's ONLY ARGUABLY the third best WR on this team (Reed)..

So if you want to call that a stellar signing, be my guest.

eyedog
02-26-2007, 01:39 PM
Nah. This team doesn't need an Okoye, Branch, or a Ngata. We are already solid there. Plus remember none of those guys "fit the system". We have Tim anderson back.
I can think of about 4-5 draft picks from Donadumbs regin that have actually panned out and can play. That is a terrible ratio, thus the reason this team has sucked for the last 7-8 years.

patmoran2006
02-26-2007, 01:39 PM

So is every free agent class that we've had since we signed Takeo Spikes.

mybills
02-26-2007, 01:40 PM
It's no big deal.

btw, I don't remember seeing any "Anderson sucks" threads. :scratch:

patmoran2006
02-26-2007, 01:41 PM
It's no big deal.

btw, I don't remember seeing any "Anderson sucks" threads. :scratch:
thats because nobody even acknowledges him.

HHURRICANE
02-26-2007, 01:42 PM
You guys that fall in love with mediocre crack me up. Tell me right now that Tim Anderson is a good signing. Don't give me the crap that "it doesn't matter because he'll probably get cut." The guy played 34 games and managed 60 tackles and 1 sack. He sucks.

Tell me that you'll be happy if he's starting in 2007.

justasportsfan
02-26-2007, 01:42 PM
Reed is an inconsistent #3 WR who gets #2 money.

and welcome back.
WRONG! He was the most consistent no. 3 we had. Besides, who's to blame for the lack of progress from our wr's ? Our wr's or fairchild not opening up the playbook in order for Jp to develop? My guess is the latter. IMO, You will see production this year from our wrs now that Fairchild has more confidence in JP. I may not know that for fact but I will have to wait and see before I start crying me a river.

As for Anderson. Same thing. I trust Marv and his choices like I did last year before crying about them.

Too much drama from posters regarding an Fo and coaching staff that surpassed majority of peoples expectations. Especially the ones who were whining before the season even started last year. Sorry to say, that included you :D .

IN MARV I TRUST!

DraftBoy
02-26-2007, 01:43 PM
Dude, smoke a ****ing cig, or go outside and take a walk or something.

:rofl: I think this signing blows ass, but thats funny

Romes
02-26-2007, 01:43 PM
850k of non-gauranteed money for a backup DT that already knows the system... it could be worse.

I don't understand how this is at all any indication of a bad off-season to come.

Philagape
02-26-2007, 01:44 PM
With some of the threads today, I have to keep looking at the calendar to make sure it's still February.

HHURRICANE
02-26-2007, 01:45 PM
like I said, Reed was a supposedly stupid signing. They were WRONG!

Wrong poster. I never *****ed about the Reed signing. He was the only one catching balls for JP in 2005. He actually was our best receiver in 2005. Would I like to see soemone better than him? Yes. But I was okay with the signing.

mybills
02-26-2007, 01:46 PM
Tell me that you'll be happy if he's starting in 2007.
He might not be. That's the point that us calm people are trying to make.

OpIv37
02-26-2007, 01:47 PM

Who the f cares that we signed Tim Anderson to meaningless 1 year deal. The dude will probably get cut anyways. Every year, we do the same thing. We sign a bunch of plays that make you shake your head, and then 99 percent of them end up getting cut. I'm going to give the PROFESSIONALS in the front office the benefit of the doubt here and assume that they will do what is best for the team.

This whole "the sky is falling" crap is so friggin old.

first, no one said the sky is falling. Show me where even one person in this thread said or even implied that this signing alone means the Bills will suck during the upcoming season.

Second, every year guys are brought in as camp fodder- this is true. However, usually those guys are players who a) are being considered for depth positions and won't see the field even if they make the team and b) are players from other teams or the PS that our coaches have never had a good look at.

Since we run a rotation at DT, every DT on our roster will see the field. And Tim Anderson has been on our roster for THREE FULL SEASONS and he saw significant action in the last two seasons. How much evaluation do you have to give a guy before you determine that he SUCKS? We'd be much better off signing another team's 4th DT and seeing what he can do than trying to re-hash the same old junk.

Why bother even bringing him into camp when we know he's not good enough? At the very least, it's the opportunity cost of bringing a guy into camp who may be worth a damn.

justasportsfan
02-26-2007, 01:48 PM
Wrong poster. I never *****ed about the Reed signing. He was the only one catching balls for JP in 2005. He actually was our best receiver in 2005. Would I like to see soemone better than him? Yes. But I was okay with the signing.
didn't say it was you hurricane. Just pointing out people over reacted when we resigned him. Turned out to be one of the biggest asset we had in the passing game. That may not be saying much but then again, IMO it was because we were simply trying to develop JP by limiting him.

OpIv37
02-26-2007, 01:48 PM

but we were in a position to let him go, which means he DEFINITELY wouldn't be on the roster. that would make me feel much better.

Dr. Lecter
02-26-2007, 01:49 PM
No signing bonus. No commitment. The offer can withdrawn or he can be cut during training camp.

This is meaningless. If he is on the roster in September, we can say there is a problem.

Until then the hysteria is funny as hell.

HHURRICANE
02-26-2007, 01:49 PM

When any kind of good news actually comes out of Buffalo than I will "calm down". I was hoping for something better like A-train or Hargrove.

What good news has come out of OBD?

BillsNick
02-26-2007, 01:50 PM
850k of non-gauranteed money for a backup DT that already knows the system... it could be worse.

I don't understand how this is at all any indication of a bad off-season to come.

No kidding. It's like the friggin world is crumbling apart.

"Awe I'm sick of crappy crap singings by the crappy crap front office"

Yeah. Cuz we signed Tim Anderson to a one year (non-garaunteed) deal, that means that we won't sign anyone else for the rest of the year. Jesus, I need my highwaters cuz this **** is getting deep in here.

BillsNick
02-26-2007, 01:50 PM
No signing bonus. No commitment. The offer can withdrawn or he can be cut during training camp.

This is meaningless. If he is on the roster in September, we can say there is a problem.

:bf1:

HHURRICANE
02-26-2007, 01:51 PM
first, no one said the sky is falling. Show me where even one person in this thread said or even implied that this signing alone means the Bills will suck during the upcoming season.

Second, every year guys are brought in as camp fodder- this is true. However, usually those guys are players who a) are being considered for depth positions and won't see the field even if they make the team and b) are players from other teams or the PS that our coaches have never had a good look at.

Since we run a rotation at DT, every DT on our roster will see the field. And Tim Anderson has been on our roster for THREE FULL SEASONS and he saw significant action in the last two seasons. How much evaluation do you have to give a guy before you determine that he SUCKS? We'd be much better off signing another team's 4th DT and seeing what he can do than trying to re-hash the same old junk.

Why bother even bringing him into camp when we know he's not good enough? At the very least, it's the opportunity cost of bringing a guy into camp who may be worth a damn.

BINGO

HHURRICANE
02-26-2007, 01:53 PM
No kidding. It's like the friggin world is crumbling apart.

"Awe I'm sick of crappy crap singings by the crappy crap front office"

Yeah. Cuz we signed Tim Anderson to a one year (non-garaunteed) deal, that means that we won't sign anyone else for the rest of the year. Jesus, I need my highwaters cuz this **** is getting deep in here.

Sometimes you don't have to **** in the Chilli to figure out it won't taste good.

justasportsfan
02-26-2007, 01:53 PM
And Tim Anderson has been on our roster for THREE FULL SEASONS and he saw significant action in the last two seasons..
1 full season under a new system. Don't forget that. If that's a huge porblem for you based on that first year, might as well whine about Tripplett . This guy hasn't done anything more significant than Anderson when you include how much we paid him. Tripplett has been in this tampa D for how long now? It's not like we signed Anderson for the next 5 years. Sheez. Relax.

OpIv37
02-26-2007, 01:55 PM
WRONG! He was the most consistent no. 3 we had. Besides, who's to blame for the lack of progress from our wr's ? Our wr's or fairchild not opening up the playbook in order for Jp to develop? My guess is the latter. IMO, You will see production this year from our wrs now that Fairchild has more confidence in JP. I may not know that for fact but I will have to wait and see before I start crying me a river.

As for Anderson. Same thing. I trust Marv and his choices like I did last year before crying about them.

Too much drama from posters regarding an Fo and coaching staff that surpassed majority of peoples expectations. Especially the ones who were whining before the season even started last year. Sorry to say, that included you :D .

IN MARV I TRUST!

I don't know why you can't see it, but Reed is a streaky player. He disappears for games at a time. He gets over the dropsies, then they come back. He's an ok #3 that's getting #2 money. Everyone says that he's on the verge of a breakout year but the breakout year never comes.

This is what I don't understand: ok, the team showed some improvement last year, but 7-9 still isn't good enough. Guys like Losman, Evans, Whitner, Peters, Simpson, maybe Ellison and Williams- these guys are the young players that are only going to get better and make this team better in the process. Guys like Reed and Anderson are guys who never lived up to their potential and they're the ones holding the team back. These are the guys who need to be upgraded if the team is ever going to improve.

And Reed doesn't even bother me as much as Anderson does. Even though I think Reed underperforms, he does come through from time to time. Anderson has never done anything impressive, ever. We don't need a superstar at every position, but we do need guys better than Anderson.

OpIv37
02-26-2007, 01:57 PM

Once again, I ask this: Anderson has had three years to prove his worth and hasn't done it- why even bother bringing him into camp?

OpIv37
02-26-2007, 01:58 PM
1 full season under a new system. Don't forget that. If that's a huge porblem for you based on that first year, might as well whine about Tripplett . This guy hasn't done anything more significant than Anderson when you include how much we paid him. Tripplett has been in this tampa D for how long now? It's not like we signed Anderson for the next 5 years. Sheez. Relax.

Tripplett was EXTREMELY disappointing last year.

And another year in the system isn't going to keep Anderson from going backwards on every running play. I don't care how many years he has in the system- he wasn't good enough in the 46 and he's not good enough in the tampa 2.

YardRat
02-26-2007, 01:59 PM
I'm a little surprised we re-signed Anderson, but it's not a big deal until the final roster is announced.

If (repeat...IF) we don't bring in any other DT's via FA or the draft and Anderson is on the roster opening day or, God forbid and worse, he's back in the starting line-up, then I'll *****.

Also...Isn't this just a procedural move? Being a RFA, if we don't tender him and he signs somewhere else do we not get anything in return?

justasportsfan
02-26-2007, 01:59 PM
I don't know why you can't see it, but Reed is a streaky player. He disappears for games at a time. He gets over the dropsies, then they come back. He's an ok #3 that's getting #2 money. Everyone says that he's on the verge of a breakout year but the breakout year never comes.

This is what I don't understand: ok, the team showed some improvement last year, but 7-9 still isn't good enough. Guys like Losman, Evans, Whitner, Peters, Simpson, maybe Ellison and Williams- these guys are the young players that are only going to get better and make this team better in the process. Guys like Reed and Anderson are guys who never lived up to their potential and they're the ones holding the team back. These are the guys who need to be upgraded if the team is ever going to improve.

And Reed doesn't even bother me as much as Anderson does. Even though I think Reed underperforms, he does come through from time to time. Anderson has never done anything impressive, ever. We don't need a superstar at every position, but we do need guys better than Anderson.

we must be watching different teams. Reed was our best blocker and JP's favorite checkdown guy. He's been very important in Jp's progress as a qb. You have you opinion, I have mine. I'm glad Reed is here. I'm glad we resigned him.

OpIv37
02-26-2007, 02:03 PM
there is pretty much universal agreement that our DL was not good enough last year. Anderson was our 5th best DT out of 5 on a unit that completely underperformed. I just don't see the point in bothering with him anymore.

BillsNick
02-26-2007, 02:05 PM
we must be watching different teams. Reed was our best blocker and JP's favorite checkdown guy. He's been very important in Jp's progress as a qb. You have you opinion, I have mine. I'm glad Reed is here. I'm glad we resigned him.

I agree. I've been saying this all along. Reed was an asset to the Bills last year.

bigbub2352
02-26-2007, 02:09 PM
This signing is a joke, Please someone tell me where this guy fits in, what he did to earn a contract, i would have been happier resigning Chidi Ahonatu, i mean this guys plays half a game lieing on his back and making no plays

take this 850,000 and use it towrds resigning Hargrove or even ****ing Kelsay, man i really hate this move, whats next contract extension for kelly Holocomb

mysticsoto
02-26-2007, 02:09 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

camelcowboy
02-26-2007, 02:11 PM
Bills signing Tim Anderson, Means Camelcowboy spends all his free focusing on the Sabres. See you at the draft.

BillsNick
02-26-2007, 02:12 PM
:huh:

patmoran2006
02-26-2007, 02:25 PM
Tim Anderson may very well be the worst player in the entire NFL. FOr three years, this guy has totally sucked balls.. I'd rather draft a bouncer from a chippewa street bar and give him league minimum than pay Anderson 850K to get the back of his jersey dirty all game long.

I cant wait.. Like I said.. Shaud Wiliams is probably next.. I would laugh, but Williams is Barry Sanders compared to Anderson.

Maybe our big signing will be bringing back Marcellus Wiley.

HHURRICANE
02-26-2007, 02:31 PM
This was a stupid signing. PERIOD. Wait till they annouce that Fletcher and Clements are gone but they resigned Kelsay. We can crack open the Champagne.

BillsNick
02-26-2007, 02:37 PM
:deadhorse:

Forward_Lateral
02-26-2007, 02:45 PM
IT'S A TENDER, you idiots. If another team signs him, The Bills get a 3rd round pick as compensation. If no other team does, he still has to make the team. Freakin whiners around here. Do some g-damn research before going of the deep end.

bigbub2352
02-26-2007, 02:46 PM
Take it from me Patmoran2006 i used to be a bouncer on Chipewa St, lol, so i completely agree with, some of my buddies and i played semi pro and can proally cook pizza better then him too, maybe that is why we resigned him, free pizza and wings for the staff for the length of his contract, (for those that dont know Tim ANderson owns a pizzaria in Hamburg) all and all thou this is money not well spent at all, would have been better off signing some UDFA's with this money

justasportsfan
02-26-2007, 02:48 PM
IT'S A TENDER, you idiots. If another team signs him, The Bills get a 3rd round pick as compensation. If no other team does, he still has to make the team. Freakin whiners around here. Do some g-damn research before going of the deep end.
:dance:

BillsNick
02-26-2007, 02:49 PM

:bf1:

OpIv37
02-26-2007, 02:50 PM

1. who the hell is going to give up a 3rd round pick for him?
2. why do we care if we get anything for him or not? the guy's not good enough to be on our roster.
3. If Marv is so concerned with getting something for our players, why did he sign Tim ****ing Anderson but agree not to franchise Nate Clements? If that doesn't make you go "what the ****?", you're just not paying attention.

Saratoga Slim
02-26-2007, 02:52 PM
I'm a little surprised we re-signed Anderson, but it's not a big deal until the final roster is announced.

If (repeat...IF) we don't bring in any other DT's via FA or the draft and Anderson is on the roster opening day or, God forbid and worse, he's back in the starting line-up, then I'll *****.

Also...Isn't this just a procedural move? Being a RFA, if we don't tender him and he signs somewhere else do we not get anything in return?

I'm with you. I'd rather see Anna Nicole's Smith's corpse starting at DT next season than Tim Anderson. But if we pick up another DT in FA or the draft, Tim will be the 5th. He's not good, but there are much worse players to be had for our use as the last DT off the bench.

Easy everybody, I don't see how this in any way affects what we can or will do during FA and the draft.

Bill Brasky
02-26-2007, 02:58 PM
i'll brb guys. i just read this thread and am heading to the grocery store. gotta stock up on bottled water and canned goods since the world is apparently ending.

alohabillsfan
02-26-2007, 03:01 PM

When did Marv or Dick say that Tim Anderson will be a starting DT in 2007?

Michael82
02-26-2007, 03:03 PM
You gotta be ****ing kidding me!?!? Tim Anderson is horrible! I thought he was benched at the end of the season because he sucked so bad. WTF!!! :mad: :curse:

:puke:

BillsNick
02-26-2007, 03:05 PM
i'll brb guys. i just read this thread and am heading to the grocery store. gotta stock up on bottled water and canned goods since the world is apparently ending.

:rofl:

OpIv37
02-26-2007, 03:05 PM
When did Marv or Dick say that Tim Anderson will be a starting DT in 2007?

as long as he's on the roster, there's a possibility he'll see the field, which means there's a possibility we won't be any better at DT. We just re-signed a guy who's quite possibly our WORST player.

Elminster
02-26-2007, 03:08 PM
OMG, we resigned Tim Anderson for 850,000!!! OMG THE SKY IS FALLING WE WON'T SIGN ANYBODY!!!! I don't see why we wouldn't resign him...we sign him to the tender and let him push whatever we get at the DT position in the draft and cut him once he's been shunted to the lowest spot on the depth chart...

alohabillsfan
02-26-2007, 03:08 PM

Thank You! I was going to respond but I figured I would let the uninformed wander around! I hope none of these posters jumped from a tall building, I would feel guilty!

justasportsfan
02-26-2007, 03:10 PM
You know what? Let's not even bother bringing players to europe. Let's not even entertain FA rookies. WTH for?

BillsNick
02-26-2007, 03:14 PM

OMG, we resigned Tim Anderson for 850,000!!! OMG THE SKY IS FALLING WE WON'T SIGN ANYBODY!!!! I don't see why we wouldn't resign him...we sign him to the tender and let him push whatever we get at the DT position in the draft and cut him once he's been shunted to the lowest spot on the depth chart...

Thank You! I was going to respond but I figured I would let the uninformed wander around! I hope none of these posters jumped from a tall building, I would feel guilty!

I have trying to get it through their heads, but they will not listen. Atleast you guys have some sense!

HHURRICANE
02-26-2007, 03:16 PM

Hmmm. Do you think a tag on Clements would have been more valuable than the hypothetical 3rd that we aren't going to get?

I'm kind of getting sick and tired of us taking a crap and than eating it.

OpIv37
02-26-2007, 03:18 PM
You know what? Let's not even bother bringing players to europe. Let's not even entertain FA rookies. WTH for?

um, I fail to see the relevance of this post.

I'd rather see us do either of those than re-signing Anderson. We know he sucks- let's bring in someone who may or may not suck.

Dr. Lecter
02-26-2007, 03:19 PM
Hmmm. Do you think a tag on Clements would have been more valuable than the hypothetical 3rd that we aren't going to get?

I'm kind of getting sick and tired of us taking a crap and than eating it.

Tags and tenders are different.

So is $850,000 and $10 million.

HHURRICANE
02-26-2007, 03:20 PM

Yeah, our mediocre players always get cut. Neufield and Haggan were awesome.

alohabillsfan
02-26-2007, 03:21 PM

Hey Dr, your a MOD, can you make an educated football fan zone?

justasportsfan
um, I fail to see the relevance of this post.

.not my fault.

OpIv37
I don't see why we wouldn't resign him.

Because he sucks and no one is going to pay that tender- we just protected a player not worth protecting.

HHURRICANE
02-26-2007, 03:23 PM

If your concerned about depth or compensation that you don't let Nate walk for nothing. You resign the scrub but you let the franchise CB walk? Sorry that doesn't fly with me.

madness
02-26-2007, 03:24 PM

:spit:

HHURRICANE
02-26-2007, 03:25 PM
Hey Dr, your a MOD, can you make an educated football fan zone?

You guys don't get it. By siging Anderson he's going to show up to camp. Your taking away an opportunity to bring another player in to challenge. Just keep embracing the mediocrity.

DraftBoy
02-26-2007, 03:25 PM
Yes it is a tender and he will likely sign up, which will cost us about a million in space (yes 850k specifically) until/if we cut him. To me Id rather have that million free to use to restructure other guys. Is it a huge horrid thing? No. But it does not by any means show a good start to this offseason. I wouldnt have a huge issue with this later, but I think we could get Anderson for a hell of alot less than 850k, so why tender him? I wasnt worried about losing him to somebody else.

OpIv37
02-26-2007, 03:27 PM

I don't know what's up with you people and this hyperbole. No one said that.

We signed a player that we know, for a fact, sucks. Does this guarantee that '07 is a wash? Of course not. But some of us are looking for ways to make this team better. Re-signing our worst player is NOT the way to do that. This guy has no business on a professional football field, but Marv re-signed him anyway. Anyone looking for improvement from this team has every right to be disappointed.

DraftBoy
02-26-2007, 03:28 PM

We signed a player that we know, for a fact, sucks. Does this guarantee that '07 is a wash? Of course not. But some of us are looking for ways to make this team better. Re-signing our worst player is NOT the way to do that. This guy has no business on a professional football field, but Marv re-signed him anyway. Anyone looking for improvement from this team has every right to be disappointed.

Marv hasnt resigned him, he only tendered him

justasportsfan
02-26-2007, 03:30 PM
Marv hasnt resigned him, he only tendered him :snicker:

M
02-26-2007, 03:31 PM
OK, wait a minute. Because they tendered him or whatever, does that mean the powers that be can't bring in another DT and then cut Anderson before training camp even starts??

OpIv37
02-26-2007, 03:31 PM
Marv hasnt resigned him, he only tendered him

it's one step closer to keeping him on the team rather than one step closer to getting him off the team.

BillsNick
02-26-2007, 03:33 PM
:posrep: everyone who doesn't think this is big deal.

BillsNick
02-26-2007, 03:35 PM
OK, wait a minute. Because they tendered him or whatever, does that mean the powers that be can't bring in another DT and then cut Anderson before training camp even starts??

No, but you'd think that they just released a killer virus at one Bills Drive.

Night Train
02-26-2007, 03:38 PM
Training camp has not concluded and the final roster is a whole other story.

X-Era
02-26-2007, 03:41 PM
http://www.wgr550.com/bills/fullstory.php?id=2201

why?? This guy was inactive towards the end of the year. I think he's a scrub.

I found a photo of when they told him he was resigned. He was playing tennis:

http://www.humanillnesses.com/original/images/hdc_0001_0001_0_img0036.jpg

Bill Brasky
02-26-2007, 03:46 PM

Maybe in seasons past I would be upset... but not anymore.

-Ralph is becoming cheaper and more ornery by the minute
-Marv came out and said they would spend "to the cap'' (aka head to the Family Dollar for players)
-They signed nobody last year, even with players to be had and needs to be filled
-The gas ran out of the OL engine 8 years ago and is still running on fumes
-We won't even resign what good players we have in place

I guess I know what to expect from this organization and its ownership. It's not hard to see the writing on the wall, so start looking forward to the draft, because as long as Ralph is here Free Agency will be for the other 31 teams.

gr8slayer
02-26-2007, 03:47 PM
I can understand where everyone is coming from but its a low risk deal that won't hurt us so it can only either help us or do nothing at all.

BillsNick
02-26-2007, 03:48 PM
I can understand where everyone is coming from but its a low risk deal that won't hurt us so it can only either help us or do nothing at all.

This is somehow hard to understand for some people. It doesn't matter that he may not even make the team.

OpIv37
02-26-2007, 03:54 PM
This is somehow hard to understand for some people. It doesn't matter that he may not even make the team.

but there is still a possibility that he will make the team. And that's a really bad thing.

gr8slayer
02-26-2007, 03:55 PM
but there is still a possibility that he will make the team. And that's a really bad thing.
If he does then he is better than the people who didn't, still not a bad thing.

BillsNick
02-26-2007, 03:57 PM

If he makes the team, it will be because he earned it.

OpIv37
02-26-2007, 04:10 PM
If he makes the team, it will be because he earned it.

and if he earns it, it won't make him any better- it will just mean that the FO failed to find anyone better.

Romes
02-26-2007, 04:22 PM
You guys don't get it. By siging Anderson he's going to show up to camp. Your taking away an opportunity to bring another player in to challenge. Just keep embracing the mediocrity.

Now, you are making stuff up...they can bring as many people to camp as they want. They don't have to cut anyone till august.

Romes
02-26-2007, 04:23 PM
and if he earns it, it won't make him any better- it will just mean that the FO failed to find anyone better.

I'm willing to bet he'll be cut. Unless he has a phenomenal pre-season.

OpIv37
02-26-2007, 04:43 PM
I'm willing to bet he'll be cut. Unless he has a phenomenal pre-season.

I hope you're right about him getting cut, but that's exactly my worry- he'll have phenomenal pre-season against other teams' scrubs then be right back on his ass where he left off once the regular season starts up.

TigerJ
02-26-2007, 05:20 PM
Anderson's tender is insignificant. This is a little extra insurance. That said, he's not much better than worthless.

jimmifli
02-26-2007, 05:26 PM
I hate seeing his manboob flab hang out of his uniform. It's kinda gross. We should cut him just for that.

Dr. Lecter
02-26-2007, 05:57 PM
I hate seeing his manboob flab hang out of his uniform. It's kinda gross. We should cut him just for that.

What if a skinny short guy sucks on his manboob?

Dicknoze69
02-26-2007, 06:01 PM
There is absolutely no risk in this deal. If he makes the team, then he will have improved. This isn't an exact science, and it's entirely possible that he could improve, perhaps even dramatically. We have guarenteed him nothing.

OpIv37
02-26-2007, 06:29 PM
There is absolutely no risk in this deal. If he makes the team, then he will have improved. This isn't an exact science, and it's entirely possible that he could improve, perhaps even dramatically. We have guarenteed him nothing.

him making the team doesn't prove improvement. It proves that we didn't find anyone better, which is downright scary cuz he SUCKS.

X-Era
02-26-2007, 06:33 PM
him making the team doesn't prove improvement. It proves that we didn't find anyone better, which is downright scary cuz he SUCKS.

Yes, but the assumption that he actually makes the team is a leap this year. We easily could and likely will draft a DT, it may even be Okoye. With McCargo coming back, Tripplett signed long term, a draftee, and Williams, hes probably gonna be cut anyways. I think they are just signing him for insurance so t hat if for some reason they dont draft a guy they like, and dont sign a guy they like, they dont get stuck signing some guy thats just as bad but also doesnt know the system.

Tatonka
02-26-2007, 06:36 PM

:rofl: i was just thinking the same thing.. lol

SABURZFAN
02-26-2007, 06:37 PM
NOT a very good sign here folks.. I dont even think Tim Anderson's own mother , or even worse, Dr Letcher can make a good case for this resigning.

don't be surprised.Lecter can think up something stupid.it comes natural.

OpIv37
02-26-2007, 06:38 PM
Yes, but the assumption that he actually makes the team is a leap this year. We easily could and likely will draft a DT, it may even be Okoye. With McCargo coming back, Tripplett signed long term, a draftee, and Williams, hes probably gonna be cut anyways. I think they are just signing him for insurance so t hat if for some reason they dont draft a guy they like, and dont sign a guy they like, they dont get stuck signing some guy thats just as bad but also doesnt know the system.

there's always that possibility but I wish they could find an insurance policy better than Tim Anderson. it doesn't matter how well he knows the system because he spends more time on his back than a Vegas prostitute- almost anyone would be better.

Nighthawk
02-26-2007, 07:15 PM
Point is, this guy does not deserve to be around...no matter how good a guy he is...HE SUCKS!

jimmifli
02-26-2007, 07:42 PM
What if a skinny short guy sucks on his manboob?
Add some creepy music and it's art.

ParanoidAndroid
02-26-2007, 08:07 PM

Since when do we react so fiercely when the team signs "camp fodder?" Anderson is not the worst player the Bills have ever offered a tender to. He'll be an asset in camp because he knows the defense and unless he has an unbelievable camp, he's a goner.

HHURRICANE
02-26-2007, 08:23 PM
This was a stupid signing. PERIOD. Wait till they annouce that Fletcher and Clements are gone but they resigned Kelsay. We can crack open the Champagne.

And I was half joking when I made this post.

I am the number #1 Kelsay/Denney hater. Bad day for the HH.

OpIv37
02-26-2007, 08:48 PM
Since when do we react so fiercely when the team signs "camp fodder?" Anderson is not the worst player the Bills have ever offered a tender to. He'll be an asset in camp because he knows the defense and unless he has an unbelievable camp, he's a goner.

because last year he wasn't camp fodder and that part about the unbelievable camp scares the **** out of me. He's low on our depth chart (which is scary because our DL was so bad last year) and he knows the system, so there's a good chance he could light up some other teams' camp fodder in the preseason and make the team again. And we already know how bad this guy is in the regular season- unless he pops some pills from Barry Bonds' medicine cabinet, he's useless.

Elminster
02-26-2007, 08:53 PM
because last year he wasn't camp fodder and that part about the unbelievable camp scares the **** out of me. He's low on our depth chart (which is scary because our DL was so bad last year) and he knows the system, so there's a good chance he could light up some other teams' camp fodder in the preseason and make the team again. And we already know how bad this guy is in the regular season- unless he pops some pills from Barry Bonds' medicine cabinet, he's useless.
Because last year we were in year 1 of Marv's rebuilding plan? News flash bucko...we're in year 2 now. Marv is going to get more of HIS players. Anderson is already 4th on the depth chart, and we'll almost certainly acquire another DT, perhaps even early in the draft. Anderson is good insurance. He may not be very good, but he knows the system, and if, God forbid, something should happen to one or more of our DTs injury-wise, we already have the solution. I have no idea why that is so hard for you to understand. Why don't you think before making your next post, ok?

Dr. Lecter
02-26-2007, 08:56 PM

Lecter sees this for what it is: Nothing and not a big deal either way.

But those of you females (apologies to Shelby, honey, Pucker, c-gal, mybills, kini, etc.) that wear panties can keep them all bunched up. It makes me chuckle when I read the posts.

OpIv37
02-26-2007, 09:00 PM
Because last year we were in year 1 of Marv's rebuilding plan? News flash bucko...we're in year 2 now. Marv is going to get more of HIS players. Anderson is already 4th on the depth chart, and we'll almost certainly acquire another DT, perhaps even early in the draft. Anderson is good insurance. He may not be very good, but he knows the system, and if, God forbid, something should happen to one or more of our DTs injury-wise, we already have the solution. I have no idea why that is so hard for you to understand. Why don't you think before making your next post, ok?

why don't you try thinking before you make a post? ANY SITUATION THAT RESULTS IN TIM ANDERSON STILL BEING ON THIS TEAM, INJURY OR NOT, IS NOT ACCEPTABLE. HE IS NOT GOOD INSURANCE. I don't care if he's 4th DT, he's not good enough. We don't need him in camp- we need someone who might be good. Half the friggin NFL plays the cover 2 or some variation- I have a hard time believing Anderson is the best we can come up with. The guy's had 3 seasons to prove himself, and you want to give him another camp? Why? Hell, while we're at it, why don't be bring back Mike Williams, Chris Watson and Erik Flowers? They're bound to get it eventually!

McBFLO
02-27-2007, 08:19 AM
The damn tender level is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay to high. 3rd pick? Near a million for a big fat turd.

Are they that "scared" someone is gonna snag him away in RFA, and go through all the trouble of making up and offer and waiting the 7 days....etc. (what a blessing in disguise that would be)
I'm joining this thread real late, but isn't the tender they signed him at good for some compensation if he gets signed away from us? And it would be a 3rd round pick. If that's the case, it might be a smart move. Although Im not sure who in their right mind would sign him knowing it would cost them a 3rd rounder...