X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gr8slayer
    • Feb 2005

Kelsays Deal Numbers

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

Yet another sign of the big money that is going to be thrown around starting March 2. The Bills re-signed defensive end Chris Kelsay to a four-year, $24 million deal that includes $13 million worth of guaranteed money.
  • gr8slayer
    • Feb 2005

Re: Kelsays Deal Numbers

Not bad at all. Only $13 million guaranteed? That's nothing.

Comment

• Carlton Bailey

I am going to vomit.

Comment

• gr8slayer
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Carlton Bailey
        I am going to vomit.

Comment

• ZacGriffi~82
          • Jun 2003

Yeah, only 13 mil. guaranteed is a nice deal.
          www.billsaddiction.com -The Home of Bills Addicts-

Comment

• Carlton Bailey

Originally posted by gr8slayer
            Not bad at all. Only $13 million guaranteed? That's nothing.
            Are you serious? For an average player? That counts against the cap, right?
            Last edited by Guest; 02-26-2007, 10:36 PM.

Comment

• gr8slayer
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Carlton Bailey
              Are you serious? For an average player? That counts against the cap, right?
              ONLY $13 MILLION GUARANTEED! That's $3.25 MILLION A YEAR. Not too ****ing bad. If he does well enough to get the rest then it's a damn good thing we re-signed him.

Edit: Posted it before you edited your post.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                • Jul 2003

I'm sorry, but $13M guaranteed and $6M per season for Chris Kelsey is friggin' nuts. That guy may be a decent player, but he doesn't deserve that kind of guaranteed cash.

If I'm Aaron Schobel right now, I'm holding out.

Comment

• Tatonka
                  • Jul 2002

if this is his contract numbers, 4 years, with 13 guarenteed.. all the people that have been ****ting themselves should feel dumb.. that is ridiculously low for a starting defensive end.
                  "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• X-Era
                    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by gr8slayer
                    23 mill?

OK, so weve spent 23 out of 39 in OUR minds. That leaves us only 16 left.

Again, Im not sure that the common assumptions about our cap to cash statements are true. I dont think they mean the entire contract counts now, I think its more about paying upfront rather than backloading.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                      • Dec 2005

This is the SINGLE WORST DEAL the Bills have signed a player too this DECADE when it comes to salary and performance.. NOT ONE Of the worst.. The ABSOLUTE WORST bar ZEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO..

1- This should make Schobel hold out.. I sure as **** would if I was him..
                      2- Kelsay just got paid not only #1 DE money, but he got paid top third of the NFL #1 DE money.. $6 million per, $13 million guarenteed to a one dimensional pass rusher who is God awful against the run.
                      3- Drafting 12th we could have had a much better all-around DE like Carriker, at a fraction of this price.. Forget the money, I said ALL AROUND DE.

This is a very sad and confusing day in this Organization's history for me. It's now apparent that our front office is absolutey inferior to almost any other FO in the NFL, and sadly I have to force myself to resign the fact that we sure as hell aint going to be better than 7 wins until some people at the top, including the owner, are gone.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Tatonka
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by NE39
                        I'm sorry, but $13M guaranteed and $6M per season for Chris Kelsey is friggin' nuts. That guy may be a decent player, but he doesn't deserve that kind of guaranteed cash.

If I'm Aaron Schobel right now, I'm holding out.
                        what are you talking about?? how are you getting 6 mill a season? if only 13 million is guarenteed?
                        "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Nighthawk
                          Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                          • Jul 2002

He's not worth it. What does this organization do to judge a player's talent? If the player is the nicest guy in town, he gets big money? However, if he isn't the most likeable guy then we don't give him the money? This is ridiculous if true.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                            • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Tatonka
                            if this is his contract numbers, 4 years, with 13 guarenteed.. all the people that have been ****ting themselves should feel dumb.. that is ridiculously low for a starting defensive end.
                            Do your math.. the 13 is guarenteed, whether he gets cut this year or in year 4.. The deal averages 6 million per, and i'm sure the first two years are going to be for more money (hence the guarenteed money) than the last two when you factor in the guarented money.

id be less upset if this was a deal like Denney's that is severly backloaded.. This is the polar opposite.

We just paid a ton of money for a guy who sucks, and forget the money, he's just flat out "average" at best.. If you think this defense improves with average players, then you keep telling yourself that.

And the funny thing, if he signed with another team you'd all be talking about how much he sucked.. But the homer shoes are on and plenty tight today now.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Tatonka
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jp-era
                              23 mill?

OK, so weve spent 23 out of 39 in OUR minds. That leaves us only 16 left.

Again, Im not sure that the common assumptions about our cap to cash statements are true. I dont think they mean the entire contract counts now, I think its more about paying upfront rather than backloading.
                              what are you talking about??

you guys around here are just ****ing brain dead as far as i can tell.

cash to cap does not mean that they are counting the ENTIRE CONTRACT to one year.. moron.

it means they are counting this years salary, and any signing bonus given, towards this years available money.

Comment

Working...
                              X