PDA

View Full Version : So, how about this trade?

X-Era
02-26-2007, 07:58 PM
Would you trade McGahee for Dre Bly straight up?

Both teams are looking for a 3rd ish pick, Det needs a RB if you assume Kevin Jones isnt the answer.

Thoughts?

http://www.nfl.com/combine/story/10023456

Tatonka
02-26-2007, 08:06 PM
i like bly.. i like him alot.. but he is coming from a cover 2 system that he didnt seem to fit..

i actually heard an interview with im on sirius a few days ago (bly) and he specifically stated that he didnt feel he was a fit for the cover 2 because they dont need play making cbs.. he also stated that cover 2 corners DONT need good cover ability, but rather, great tackling skills..

i will say that throughout the interview, he was very kind in his explaination of the lions and he parting ways.. he was very positive about what they are doing and stood up for the lions and some decisions they made that didnt work out (ie, draft picks, coaches, ect)..

he seemed like he would be a great addition.

RedEyE
02-26-2007, 08:07 PM
i like bly.. i like him alot.. but he is coming from a cover 2 system that he didnt seem to fit..

i actually heard an interview with im on sirius a few days ago (bly) and he specifically stated that he didnt feel he was a fit for the cover 2 because they dont need play making cbs.. he also stated that cover 2 corners DONT need good cover ability, but rather, great tackling skills..

i will say that throughout the interview, he was very kind in his explaination of the lions and he parting ways.. he was very positive about what they are doing and stood up for the lions and some decisions they made that didnt work out (ie, draft picks, coaches, ect)..

T's post Says it all

X-Era
02-26-2007, 08:10 PM

Yes, I saw that too and forgot about it. Nevermind.

Tatonka
02-26-2007, 08:11 PM
and jauron knows him very well obviously.. DJ was his defensive coordinator and interim head coach as well..

so if bly will work for us, you can beleive DJ will have some input.

funny thing is.. DJ ran the D in detriot when bly had his best season as a pro.

X-Era
02-26-2007, 08:14 PM
and jauron knows him very well obviously.. DJ was his defensive coordinator and interim head coach as well..

so if bly will work for us, you can beleive DJ will have some input.

funny thing is.. DJ ran the D in detriot when bly had his best season as a pro.

In a trade, the players wants dont mean as much as the teams wants, maybe he gets packed up to come here and finds out its a good place to be?

I like him, Ive been a fan since his NC days.

Talk0fNewYork
02-26-2007, 09:07 PM
yeah it will fill up another one of our needs, and give us a chance to draft skill players.

tampabay25690
02-26-2007, 11:06 PM
Lets trade Mcgahee for Kevin Jones... WHY NOT!!!

ublinkwescore
02-27-2007, 06:01 AM
Dallas fan at work would like to see Dallas pony up Julius Jones and a 3rd.

if that were to happen, would you guys take it?

I would without second thought or hesitation (they both look like the same backs - Jones has more heart IMO).

RockStar36
02-27-2007, 07:10 AM
Any trade that sends McGahee to the NFC is preferred IMO. If he went to Dallas for a 3rd and Jones, I'd take it. I'd prefer that over a trade to DET for Bly.