According to PFT Buffalo Bills are favorites to sign london Fletcher!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BILLSROCK1212
    !?!?!?!?!?
    • Mar 2006

According to PFT Buffalo Bills are favorites to sign london Fletcher!!!!

Find all the latest ProFootballTalk news, live coverage, videos, highlights, stats, predictions, and results right here on NBC Sports.

FLETCHER DEAL NOT DONE?

Although there are rampant rumors that the Washington Redskins have reached a deal with Bills middle linebacker London Fletcher, a source close to Fletcher says that a final decision has not been made.

The Redskins, Patriots, Lions, and Bills are interested in Fletcher, and the source says that the Bills currently are the favorites to land London, with the Redskins at No.2 on the list.

Ideally, however, the Bills should have the exclusive ability to negotiate with Fletcher until Friday. But that's simply not how it works in the NFL anymore; virtually every team violates the prohibition on tampering when the time comes to talk to pending free agents. Indeed, we're not aware of a single team that doesn't get an early start on chatting with players who technically are the property of others.

This would take care of another one of our needs....although I would love to draft Patrick Willis I would also love to trade down and draft Marshawn Lynch or one of the WRs or even a CB like Daymeion Hughes or stay wher ethey are and take Amobi Okoye if he is available
  • gr8slayer
    • Feb 2005

Re: According to PFT Buffalo Bills are favorites to sign london Fletcher!!!!

Bring him back. He still has two great years left in him.

Comment

• xXSpIkes5IXx
      • Mar 2006

even though i would love to have london back...that info comes from PFT, which is generally unreliable.

go bills

Comment

• gr8slayer
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by xXSpIkes5IXx
        even though i would love to have london back...that info comes from PFT, which is generally unreliable.

go bills
        They called the Kelsay deal.

Comment

• Novacane
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by gr8slayer
          Bring him back. He still has two great years left in him.
          He may have a couple good years in him but great?? He's never been a great player. I can't believe the homers on this board.

Comment

• gr8slayer
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Novacane
            He may have a couple good years in him but great?? He's never been a great player. I can't believe the homers on this board.
            He's doing something right. He leads the league in tackles over the past five years. He gets turn overs and every now and then turns them into points. I'll take him over any LB we have on our roster right now.

Comment

• JJamezz

Administrator Emeritus
              • Jul 2002

Now this would be a bigger surprise to me than even resigning Nate.. okay, maybe not quite, but... am I nuts, or didn't Marv and/or Dick specifically come out and say they were looking to get bigger at MLB?

Comment

• Ed
                • Sep 2002

He's doing something right. He leads the league in tackles over the past five years. He gets turn overs and every now and then turns them into points. I'll take him over any LB we have on our roster right now.
                I agree. I still really like London too, and thought he had his best year last season. I'm not sure why so many people have soured on him so quickly. However, I don't think I'd take him over Crowell.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

I wouldnt mind resigning Fletch as long as we draft his replacement, the LB depth is too good this year to pass up on
                  COMING SOON...
                  Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                  We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

I want to know how we're going to get better at run D with the same DL and the same LB's.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• gr8slayer
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
                      I want to know how we're going to get better at run D with the same DL and the same LB's.
                      A whole year in the system and two off-seasons can make all the difference. Maybe Spikes comes back healthier.

Comment

• Ed
                        • Sep 2002

Re-signing some of our own players doesn't make us worse. We can still sign and draft other players. Keeping our team intact only gives us more flexibility to improve our team. If we don't re-sign London, there's no guarantee that we can find someone better.

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

A whole year in the system and two off-seasons can make all the difference. Maybe Spikes comes back healthier.
                          and maybe Williams and McCargo will play better and maybe Simpson will be out of position less and maybe....

it seems like we're going into the season with a lot of "if's"
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• gr8slayer
                            • Feb 2005

and maybe Williams and McCargo will play better and maybe Simpson will be out of position less and maybe....

it seems like we're going into the season with a lot of "if's"
                            I think that's every team though. Well get it going.

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Ed
                              Re-signing some of our own players doesn't make us worse. We can still sign and draft other players. Keeping our team intact only gives us more flexibility to improve our team. If we don't re-sign London, there's no guarantee that we can find someone better.
                              but we're trying to get better, not just keep from getting worse. At what point do you have to say "we weren't good enough with this guy, so we have to take a chance and hope someone else is better"?

I could understand this "re-sign your own guys first" if we were the Chargers who lost in the first round of the playoffs, or the Broncos who were right on the cusp or even the Jets who overachieved and are on the way up. but we were 7-9 and didn't beat any good teams last year. Keeping our own only ensures mediocrity.
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                              X