Kelsays Contract Is Insane - I Give The Bills 3-4 More Years, Tops..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Kelsays Contract Is Insane - I Give The Bills 3-4 More Years, Tops..

When an OK DE gets this kind of $$, the hand writing is on the wall. Think these massive salary increases aren't going to be passed on to the ticket buying fan ? Soon, every decent starter will be making 8 mil a year. What will Evans and Losman get within the next year, if we try to extend them ?

I see tickets going up significantly the next 2-3 years. I bet the NFL ticket on DirecTV will also take a huge jump. The Owners wish to maintain a certain profit margin and the players and agents want tons more $$. They still believe they are getting shorted ! Incredible. The fan doesn't even figure into the formula.

You honestly think the Bills can compete in this economic insanity ? Sideline seats will soon be $100 + a game. Endzone seats will be $60. Club seats, already slightly over $100, will be $175 a game. Maybe more. That includes pre-season, don't forget. In 2004 the cap was a high 80.5 Mil. Now it's 109 Mil and going up another 8 Mil next year. This is Friggin nuts !

I'll enjoy this team while I have it but I hope a new economically sane league forms when the Bills and several other teams leave the NFL within 5 years. A hard cap of 50-60 Mil. Take it or go flip burgers.

These player contracts are not realistic at all with the local economic conditions and the price ceiling on tickets has already been reached.

I can't believe they got this greedy and cooked the golden goose. The Bills and several other teams are now on short timer status with the NFL.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit
  • LtFinFan66
    • Mar 2005

Re: Kelsays Contract Is Insane - I Give The Bills 3-4 More Years, Tops..

see Op's over-reacting thread please

Comment

• Night Train
      Retired - On Several Levels
      • Jul 2005

Understand, I'm in my late 40's and attended dozens of games at the old Rockpile as a child in the 1960's. I've seen the NFL evolve for years and understand the economics.

My post is of a pragmatic, level headed observer who cannot see an average ticket price being icreased at such an unrealistic rate. The local market has reached it's price ceiling. If empty seats increase, the show soon leaves town.

Imagine the contracts we're going to see when FA starts Friday ? I think the reality check will soon kick in for many more.
      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Don't Panic
        All-Pro Zoner
        • Dec 2005

Unfortunately, I think there's quite a bit of truth to this thread. Wilson has been yelling fire for what appears to be all the right reasons. A 30 million $ cap jump in 3 years is reason for extreme concern. The only thing that can save us (since we can say with confidence that a hard cap isn't coming) would be a comprehensive revenue sharing system, and I'd say the odds of that are pretty slim.

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
          • May 2003

I was priced out of season tickets a few years ago.

Comment

• LtFinFan66
            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Night Train
            Understand, I'm in my late 40's and attended dozens of games at the old Rockpile as a child in the 1960's. I've seen the NFL evolve for years and understand the economics.

My post is of a pragmatic, level headed observer who cannot see an average ticket price being icreased at such an unrealistic rate. The local market has reached it's price ceiling. If empty seats increase, the show soon leaves town.

Imagine the contracts we're going to see when FA starts Friday ? I think the reality check will soon kick in for many more.
            Go Buckeyes!!

Comment

• Jan Reimers
              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
              • May 2003

NT, I usually agree with you and find you to be one of the most reasonable posters here. But I think you have overreacted on this one.

While I don't totally disagree with your premise, I think the Bills' staying or leaving has little to do with players' salaries, and a lot more to do with a fair revenue sharing agreement and a willing local buyer when Ralph passes.
              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• BillsNick
                • Jul 2003

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                  Unreachable Douche
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Night Train
                  When an OK DE gets this kind of $$, the hand writing is on the wall. Think these massive salary increases aren't going to be passed on to the ticket buying fan ? Soon, every decent starter will be making 8 mil a year. What will Evans and Losman get within the next year, if we try to extend them ?
                  Evans is history. There's no way Buffalo will cough up the cash it will take to keep him. Expect a holdout next year from Evans or trade.

For the Bills to survive in Buffalo the economy in the Buffalo area needs to get stronger.

Comment

• Italian Stallion
                    Knows More Than You
                    • Feb 2004

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                    Evans is history. There's no way Buffalo will cough up the cash it will take to keep him. Expect a holdout next year from Evans or trade.

For the Bills to survive in Buffalo the economy in the Buffalo area needs to get stronger.

How the hell do you know that? He's exactly the kind of player that defines what Marv is looking for...hardworking, selfless, and dedicated to the team.

How do you know they aren't spending less this year in order to resign him, along with your man lover JP Losman.

Some of you people are just so asinine with some of your comments....if you dont like what the team is doing then just leave. Dont come on this board anymore. Seriously, why waste your life on something that upsets you so much? If it pisses you off, why contine to subject yourself to it??

It's like banging your head against a brick wall, bi*ching that it hurts, and then continuing to do it while still *****ing.

Free Agency hasen't even started yet, please relax.
                    BILLS FOOTBALL

SABRES HOCKEY

METS BASEBALL

I like cheeseburgers and eva mendes

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                      Unreachable Douche
                      • Jul 2002

Who says it pisses me off?

Im realistic. Im not stupid. It will take a ton of cash to keep Evans in Buffalo. And as long as Ralph Wilson is the owner of the Bills that's not going to happen. Deal with it.

Comment

• eyedog
                        • Jul 2002

So your saying that Bills ticket prices will be catching up to Sabre ticket prices ?

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                          Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
                          • Jan 2004

Christ.

I paid $300 for my Bills tickets this last year, and I have pretty good seats (lower bowl, near corner end zones). I'm far younger, probably make less than most of you older folk, and have debts just like all of you. $300... what is that... 3 days out of my work year? STOP WHINING, PEOPLE!

I don't buy into this price ceiling garbage one minute -- at least night right now -- and DEF not in WNY. Do you people realize exactly HOW CHEAP Bills tickets are? I tell people from other cities how much I pay and they think it is for 1 or 2 games, not the entire season!

People aren't having any problem forking over $100's to go to Sabres games... or come up for cash for Lindy's fine even! Sabres jersey's aren't cheap, but I seem to see people wearing those everywhere. Plain and simple - Bills fans are cheap. They want a golden palace but only want to pay for peanuts.

People stopped buying tickets not because they went up a whopping $2 last season... it's because the team has sucked for almost 10 years and Ralph and the old FO alienated the fan base.

I would pay far more for my tickets and I bet a lot of others here would too, esp if the product was better. Travel to any other stadium in the league if you don't think we have it good. $75-$100 to sit in nosebleeds at most other places... we don't even pay that to sit at the 50 yard line!

You want to pay bottom-of-the-barrel prices, then be prepared to listen to Ralph ***** some more while we sign a bunch of nobodys and the stadium falls apart.

The main problem is - the team ISN'T winning. When they do, people will pay more.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                            Peterman Sucks!
                            • Mar 2006

You know how much I paid back in 1999 for crappy seats for Browns season tickets? Up in the nosebleed section 25 yard line. 540 dollars. Not too mention the grand for the PSL.

You sit here and complain that you can get the best seats in the house on par with 540, meanwhile I ponied up the dollars to watch an expansion team as well as 73,000 other Browns fans.

300 bucks per seat for seats anywhere is underpriced, even with our team not making the playoffs in the better part of a decade. And financially, it's not like Cleveland is all that much better off than Buffalo.

I'm sick and tired of seeing people cry about the front office raising ticket prices 2% OH NO! They should raise ticket prices more like 20% to get more on par with the rest of the league. And still have one of the, if not the, cheapest tickets on average in the NFL. If Ralph can put a winner on the field for a couple seasons, this 20% increase is more than feasible.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                              Unreachable Douche
                              • Jul 2002

I agree. Jack up the ticket prices. $300 for season tickets is cheap.

It's time for Ralph to stop crying about money and to start charging at least what the rest of the NFL average ticket price is. Maybe then the Bills can afford to keep players like Clements.

Maybe we had it all wrong. Ralph is not cheap, it's Bills fans that are cheap.

Comment

Working...
                              X