PDA

View Full Version : I'm not seeing a McGahee trade.

HHURRICANE
02-27-2007, 10:03 AM
Why would you leak that your star RB can't read a playbook if you wanted to trade him?

The answer is you wouldn't. My belief is that OBD just killed any chance for Willis and Drew to stage a "hold out". Willis has to run his ass off for a new contract. Nobody is going to give him a deal that he wants after all of the bad press. NOBODY.

I'm 95% sure that he'll be in a Bills uniform on opening day.

njsue
02-27-2007, 10:05 AM
Willis is on the trading block for a few reasons:

He is not participating in off season workouts.

The bills expect him to bolt after the 2007 season is over.

Character issues!

So why not get the best in return for trading Willis.

HHURRICANE
02-27-2007, 10:17 AM
Willis is on the trading block for a few reasons:

He is not participating in off season workouts.

The bills expect him to bolt after the 2007 season is over.

Character issues!

So why not get the best in return for trading Willis.

They didn't use that logic with Nate. He's guaranteed to run lights out so why trade him for a second rounder that's unknown.

Don't Panic
02-27-2007, 10:23 AM
I'll admit, there is a bit of sneaky logic if you're right, HH. In fact, it is now pretty much a win-win (at least as much as it can be) for OBD. He either get's traded for a low 2nd/high 3rd and we move on, or the FO claims they couldn't move him for decent value, which justifies not giving him a contract extension. If its the latter, there's no guarantee that he's going to play his *ss off for a contract, but it greatly increases the chances. In addition, there is almost no way he holds out after all of this (if we can't move him, that is).

The King
02-27-2007, 10:23 AM
Especially with Michael Turner on the blocks as well I can't see Willis bringing in as much interest as him.

B-DON
02-27-2007, 03:51 PM
Especially with Michael Turner on the blocks as well I can't see Willis bringing in as much interest as him.

Why is everyone on here obsessed with a scat back that is undersized and is now coming off an injury? Willis has way more potential