PDA

View Full Version : Very good Signing.

Patrick76777
02-27-2007, 11:05 AM
Keep one of our own

Shows we're willing to spend some cash.

Peter King MMQB said and I quote, "My upset special for a no-name guy who will get the richest: Buffalo defensive end Chris Kelsay."

You have to pay some of your own guys.

The FA pool is not deep and we have 30-some Mil to spend. Who cares if we over paid. We'll probably end up going into the season some 10-15 Mil under the cap anyway.

Let's not be a bunch of Vagina's. Let it all play out and see where we are.

TacklingDummy
02-27-2007, 11:10 AM

Yes, about $33 million

We'll probably end up going into the season some 10-15 Mil under the cap anyway.

So far, 2.75 million. The 2.75 is the other part of the 3.25 Kelsey is getting.

Buffalo likes to call it "cash to cap"

Mr. Miyagi
02-27-2007, 11:15 AM
Yes, about $33 million

So far, 2.75 million. The 2.75 is the other part of the 3.25 Kelsey is getting.

Buffalo likes to call it "cash to cap"

Let's not be a bunch of Vagina's

BAM
02-27-2007, 11:18 AM
I like it!

Don't Panic
02-27-2007, 11:18 AM
[quote=Patrick76777]
Let's not be a bunch of Vagina's.[quote]

Your use of "Vagina's" here caught my eye. First off, I believe it should be vaginas. Not to be anal (sorry for the choice of words), but the vaginas don't own anything, so there can't be an apostrophe. Also, capitalizing the vaginas doesn't make sense, because these vaginas aren't special, are they? In fact, after re-reading the post it appears that who you are referncing isn't at all special. Therefore, these vaginas need a little v. Sorry to be picky, but those vaginas just didn't sit well with me.

Patrick76777
02-27-2007, 11:22 AM
[quote=Patrick76777]
Let's not be a bunch of Vagina's.[quote]

Your use of "Vagina's" here caught my eye. First off, I believe it should be vaginas. Not to be anal (sorry for the choice of words), but the vaginas don't own anything, so there can't be an apostrophe. Also, capitalizing the vaginas doesn't make sense, because these vaginas aren't special, are they? In fact, after re-reading the post it appears that who you are referncing isn't at all special. Therefore, these vaginas need a little v. Sorry to be picky, but those vaginas just didn't sit well with me.

I don't care!

Stewie
02-27-2007, 11:23 AM
Kelsay didn't have 25 sacks last season and he didn't sign for 2 million a year, so the signing sucks.

HHURRICANE
02-27-2007, 11:27 AM
Kelsay didn't have 25 sacks last season and he didn't sign for 2 million a year, so the signing sucks.

I'm not sure if you are joking but I agree anyway.

Stewie
02-27-2007, 11:29 AM
/sarcasm

Stewie
02-27-2007, 11:29 AM
I think the numbers are pretty much right where they should be. Anyone who didn't see the salary explosion coming wasn't paying attention.The cap was 85 million a few short years ago. It will be 150 million in another few years. What did we expect to happen? Every team would stay 70 million dollars under the cap?

A long time ago, I remember hearing the same crap about how baseball salaries were getting out of control when Mike Pagliarulo, a career .241 hitter, signed a contract for over 1 million a year.

Baseball was going to die.
No one could afford the games.
There would be alternative leagues.
The fans would go away.

(Ok, so that last part happened, but baseball is still around.)

Mr. Miyagi
02-27-2007, 11:31 AM
Let's not be a bunch of Vagina's.

Not to be anal (sorry for the choice of words), but the vaginas don't own anything, so there can't be an apostrophe.
Not to be anal, but you should've said "vagina doesn't own anything" instead of vaginas, because if Patrick was referring to the plural of "vagina", it would've been vaginas', the apostrophe would've been at the end not between the "a" and "s". :D

raphael120
02-27-2007, 11:34 AM
enough with the vagina talk, if you want to talk about vaginas, post it in the "McGahee forum"

Michael82
02-27-2007, 11:45 AM
Great post, Patrick! :bf1: Here's what I think and It got buried in another thread.....

:calm: the **** down, everyone! Yes, Kelsay got a lot of money, but if the Bills didn't give it to him, someone else would have. Look at his stats. This was his best season ever and he's getting better each year. He's a young, up and coming DE and did damn good in this defense. I'm a little surprised in the contract, but then I realized how much money the salary cap is up to and expected it. I'm glad he's back and not going to flip out like a fool. :up:

Don't Panic
02-27-2007, 11:57 AM
enough with the vagina talk, if you want to talk about vaginas, post it in the "McGahee forum"

I thought it was good for a laugh! :comedy:

Earthquake Enyart
02-27-2007, 12:01 PM
Great post, Patrick! :bf1: Here's what I think and It got buried in another thread.....

:calm: the **** down, everyone! Yes, Kelsay got a lot of money, but if the Bills didn't give it to him, someone else would have. Look at his stats. This was his best season ever and he's getting better each year. He's a young, up and coming DE and did damn good in this defense. I'm a little surprised in the contract, but then I realized how much money the salary cap is up to and expected it. I'm glad he's back and not going to flip out like a fool. :up:
Mikey telling everyone to calm down. :rofl: :fat:

Michael82
02-27-2007, 12:08 PM
Mikey telling everyone to calm down. :rofl: :fat:
I know. You gotta realize that people are overreacting if I'm actually more calm than them. :rofl:

Saratoga Slim
02-27-2007, 12:59 PM
Finally a sane thread today. I think it may be safe to start reading again.

TedMock
02-27-2007, 02:29 PM
Not to be anal, but you should've said "vagina doesn't own anything" instead of vaginas, because if Patrick was referring to the plural of "vagina", it would've been vaginas', the apostrophe would've been at the end not between the "a" and "s". :D

Should we even be pluralizing it? Maybe the plural of vagina is vagina? Kind of like fish, right?

HHURRICANE
02-27-2007, 02:32 PM
Should we even be pluralizing it? Maybe the plural of vagina is vagina? Kind of like fish, right?

Vagina and fish in the same sentence?

X-Era
02-27-2007, 02:34 PM
Keep one of our own

Peter King MMQB said and I quote, "My upset special for a no-name guy who will get the richest: Buffalo defensive end Chris Kelsay."

You have to pay some of your own guys.

The FA pool is not deep and we have 30-some Mil to spend. Who cares if we over paid. We'll probably end up going into the season some 10-15 Mil under the cap anyway.

Let's not be a bunch of Vagina's. Let it all play out and see where we are.

If I was a vagina, would you tell me to go screw myself? Id love to do that.

It was a good signing. I like Kelsay the best of any second tier DE's. As ive stated before, all the top guys get franchised, so second tier is usually first tier.

X-Era
02-27-2007, 02:35 PM
Vagina and fish in the same sentence?

Well he is sponge bob who lives under the sea....

HHURRICANE
02-27-2007, 02:40 PM
Well he is sponge bob who lives under the sea....

Is it safe to say that this thread smells "fishy"?:whistle:

SABURZFAN
02-27-2007, 05:08 PM

he seems to be familiar with vaginas.

BillsFever21
02-27-2007, 06:12 PM

How come very young player we overpay for some of you call them "up and coming"

Robery Royal was up and coming.
Melvin Fowler was up and coming.
Tutan Reyes was up and coming.

Just because the Bills sign them doesn't mean their up and coming. Kelsay is just an average DE. No better then Denny who we already had signed to a contract. Now we go out and overpay for another DE of the same quality and will devote 10 million a year for two average DE's sharing a rotation.