X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • casdhf
    • Jul 2002

46 Defense

I'm not really sure what the 46 stands for, but at this point of the pre-season it looks like it's going to be about the average points-per-game that our defense gives up. Wasn't the whole point of this scheme to get pressure on the QB? Blitzes coming from anywhere and everywhere, right? Well, so far, I haven't seen anything. Have there even been any blitzes?? If memory serves me correctly, and it probably doesn't, the team has one sack in two games. Anyone have any idea why this is???
    Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
    cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

• BillsNYC
    Man of the People
    • Jul 2002

i don't think we've actually seen it yet....i think gw needs the right players in there first...which means next year....
    Thank you.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
      Legendary Zoner
      • Jul 2002

46 was named after Doug Plank, who wore No. 46 for the Bears. In the Bear version of the 46, both outside linebackers lined up on the weak side (away from the opponents TE). The SS was on an island by himself on the strong side with the TE, and no LB help. It takes an exceptional SS like Plank to make this defense successful. I don't think the Bills have one.

Comment

• casdhf
        • Jul 2002

Maybe that's what Coy Wire is for?
        Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
        cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Pride
          • Jul 2002

That is why he was selected....

Comment

• Pride
            • Jul 2002

again... next year.

Comment

• don137
              • Jul 2002

They should name Buffalo's defense the 37 defense because the way they played in preseason they seem to give up either 3 or 7 points each time they are on the field.

Comment

• Pride
                • Jul 2002

That's not fair, the seventh point is the fault of the speecial teams hehe

Comment

• Bufftp
                  Hi Dave!

Administrator Emeritus
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by don137
                  They should name Buffalo's defense the 37 defense because the way they played in preseason they seem to give up either 3 or 7 points each time they are on the field.
                  Photobucket

In the end, there are only three liberal archetypes: The fools, the beneficiaries and the crooks.
                  "If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day, but if you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life"
                  Optyimus Ignorus Realityious!

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty.
                  - John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961

To live in the presence of great truths and eternal laws,
                  to be led by permanent ideals -
                  that is what keeps a man patient
                  when the world ignores him,
                  and calm and unspoiled when the world praises him. -- Honore De Balzac

Comment

Working...
                  X