PDA

View Full Version : Wearing Out His Welcome (Willis McGahee)

gr8slayer
02-27-2007, 03:06 PM
http://profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFL/AFC/AFC+East/Buffalo/Features/2007/holbrook022707.htm

When I heard the news from the NFL Scouting Combine that the Bills have apparently let it be known that RB Willis McGahee is available for the right price, I wasn’t surprised in the least.

It’s no secret that owner Ralph Wilson, GM Marv Levy and head coach Dick Jauron have been more than a little disturbed by McGahee’s recent actions, including a paternity suit regarding his third child born out of wedlock in the past two years and his comments in Penthouse magazine (’nuff said) that the Bills should move to Toronto.

Jan Reimers
02-27-2007, 03:10 PM
Not to mention that he plays with no passion, doesn't know the playbook, spends no time in Buffalo with his teammates in the offseason, misses the voluntary team activities, and generally acts like a jerk. Oh, and has one of the most unreasonable agents in the NFL.

Other than that, he's a great guy.

gr8slayer
02-27-2007, 03:17 PM
NFL Live says McGahee is going not staying.

HHURRICANE
02-27-2007, 03:20 PM
NFL Live says McGahee is going not staying.

Details please!!!

Bill Brasky
02-27-2007, 03:24 PM
NFL live... they are always spot on :rolleyes:

gr8slayer
02-27-2007, 03:26 PM
Details please!!!
Really nothing to report. They just had a segment "staying or going" and they named off some FA's who are staying or going. McGahee was going.

HHURRICANE
02-27-2007, 03:43 PM
Really nothing to report. They just had a segment "staying or going" and they named off some FA's who are staying or going. McGahee was going.

I think he's staying. He's going to run like Forrest Gump this year.

gr8slayer
02-27-2007, 03:49 PM
I think he's staying. He's going to run like Forrest Gump this year.
Well unless we plan on drafting an RB this year or we have our hands on someone like Ahman Green already I don't see how we can justify cutting the guy. Is he a POS? Sure, but we would be alot worse off if our starting backfield was A-Train and Shaud.

Either way it should make for an interesting story.

Mahdi
02-27-2007, 05:43 PM
Im convinced that after the recent signing of Kelsay that the Bills are targeting an RB in the draft--- trading Willis for a second rd pick, then packaging both to get back into the 1st to select our MLB.

Talk0fNewYork
02-27-2007, 10:07 PM
NFL live... they are always spot on **** that they said we're taking Leon Hall!

jamesiscool
02-27-2007, 10:19 PM
Im convinced that after the recent signing of Kelsay that the Bills are targeting an RB in the draft--- trading Willis for a second rd pick, then packaging both to get back into the 1st to select our MLB.

that would be ideal if we can find someone to give up a second rounder. the giants are saying they wont give up a day 1 draft pick. and how many more years can we trade our way into having two picks in the first? evans and losman, whitner and mcargo, now this year too? if we can do it i will applaud marv even more than i have since he's been the GM. at least he wont pull a TD and give up 4 picks for 2 first round picks..... HOPEFULLY.

James

schoonz
02-27-2007, 11:38 PM
Hey guys I'm new here so here goes.

I never was sold on willis in the first place. When they called his name on draft day I was just as shocked as everyone else was. I think that his knee injury has significantly hampered his potential. He was a beast the only year he started in college and he would have been a top 5 pick w/o a doubt. Now though w/ all that bull that's come out of his mouth lately he needs to be shipped out fast.

He is a quality back so we should be able to find someone to give up a first day pick for him. I don't think that they need to draft a RB with the 12th pick. they should go with a LB or an OL (Levi Brown if he falls that far) with that pick. Their are a lot of quality RBs in the second round that they could draft (Darius Walker for instance). If they do get a second rounder for Willis then they could also use that to take either an OL or another DL or a LB there too.

I just have a feeling that the third round is going to be a big factor this year. There really aren't that many absolute studs this year so the later first day rounds I think could be huge for us and other teams.

:surf:

Marvelous
02-28-2007, 02:35 AM
welcome aboard dude...

The sooner this P.O.S is shipped out the happier i'll be...I've been hating on him for almost 3 years now because of his underachieving,Marbles in his mouth,,Assclown to media,,Someone stole his stiffy(stiff-arm)..The guy is grade A turd, and an embarassment to us all.

We miss you Henry :(