PDA

View Full Version : What a crap shoot this draft is!

jpdex12
02-27-2007, 10:36 PM
Who the frig knows who we end up picking. No one suspected Whitner last year.

We can address most positions in FA, but which positions are the weakest to fill from FA?

WR, DT, LB and RB are the weakest positions in FA. With the signing of Kelsay and having Hargrove I have half the mind to say that we will not grab a D-lineman in the draft. We have Hargrove, Anderson, Kelsay, McCargo, Triplett, Williams, Denney and Shoebel.

We will not dress 8 D-linemen and how can we have the need for another?

There is reason to believe that we don't need a shut down corner in the Tampa 2 so why not get a veteran FA CB that can start until Youboty proves himself? We do need depth here though...but possibly not in the first two rounds.

Our safeties are set especially with Wire and Bowen as extras.

LINEBACKER still cries for help! Talk of Spikes not being retained and an upgrade to Fletcher. We could resign Fletcher and axe Spikes and still need a LB. We could keep Spikes if OBD thinks he's healthy enough and still need an ILB. We will draft a LB in the first two rounds!

O-linemen can be had in rounds three and on and developed into great players. OBD will want immediate results on the O-line as far as upgrades this offseason so FA is the route and that is where we should see the most FA spending by the Bills. We will draft another lineman in the later rounds.

WR or RB will not suprise me if we take one with our second pick. Willis is GONE! we need a RB more than a WR. Antonio Pittman may not make it out of the second and he would be a great pick IMO for a second rounder. Although if Robert Meachem or Anthony Gonzalez is there in the second they would be hard to pass up. Both ran 4.4 40's and had great seasons last year. Gonzo had a 4.0 GPA in college. Sounds like a Marv guy. It's either a good RB like Pittman in the second or a good WR???

Who the hell knows! Anyone wanna cut me apart?

BILLSROCK1212
02-27-2007, 10:41 PM
Who the frig knows who we end up picking. No one suspected Whitner last year.

We can address most positions in FA, but which positions are the weakest to fill from FA?

WR, DT, LB and RB are the weakest positions in FA. With the signing of Kelsay and having Hargrove I have half the mind to say that we will not grab a D-lineman in the draft. We have Hargrove, Anderson, Kelsay, McCargo, Triplett, Williams, Denney and Shoebel.

We will not dress 8 D-linemen and how can we have the need for another?

There is reason to believe that we don't need a shut down corner in the Tampa 2 so why not get a veteran FA CB that can start until Youboty proves himself? We do need depth here though...but possibly not in the first two rounds...

Our safeties are set especially with Wire and Bowen as extras.

LINEBACKER still cries for help! Talk of Spikes not being retained and an upgrade to Fletcher. We could resign Fletcher and axe Spikes and still need a LB. We could keep Spikes if OBD thinks he's healthy enough and still need an ILB. We will draft a LB in the first two rounds!

O-linemen can be had in rounds three and on and developed into great players. OBD will want immediate results on the O-line as far as upgrades this offseason so FA is the route and that is where we should see the most FA spending by the Bills. We will draft another lineman in the later rounds.

WR or RB will not suprise me if we take one with our second pick. Willis is GONE! we need a RB more than a WR. Antonio Pittman may not make it out of the second and he would be a great pick IMO for a second rounder. Although if Robert Meachem or Anthony Gonzalez is there in the second they would be hard to pass up. Both ran 4.4 40's and had great seasons last year. Gonzo had a 4.0 GPA in college. Sounds like a Marv guy. It's either a good RB like Pittman in the second or a good WR???

Who the hell knows! Anyone wanna cut me apart?
you are 100% right and honestly i am happy that our biggest needs aren't that big if i were the Bills I would actually draft like this RB first round OG second round WR third round TE fourth round and from then on BPA.......as you can tell that is all offense but i believe that we can address the LBs with what we have although it would be nice to have an upgrade the position i did leave out was DT which will probably come in the 1st round if we dont trade McGahee....trading McGahee will completely change this draft

Pinkerton Security
02-27-2007, 11:00 PM
i have this feeling that since we are building our defense, mlb, which is the heart of the defense in more ways than one, will be our focus in the draft (as long as fletch is gone)

jpdex12
02-27-2007, 11:32 PM
you are 100% right and honestly i am happy that our biggest needs aren't that big if i were the Bills I would actually draft like this RB first round OG second round WR third round TE fourth round and from then on BPA.......as you can tell that is all offense but i believe that we can address the LBs with what we have although it would be nice to have an upgrade the position i did leave out was DT which will probably come in the 1st round if we dont trade McGahee....trading McGahee will completely change this draft

Lynch in the first, Beason or Harris at LB in the second and a WR in the third???

schoonz
02-28-2007, 12:42 AM
:2cents:Pittman would be a quality pick in the second. So would Meachem. I really don't think that Pittman or Gonzo will be around in the second. Both of the them should go in the last first round. another player I think to seriously consider to take in the second would be Darius Walker. He is a great back who was overshadowed by bright lights of Quinn and Weis. He was underutilized in the Golden Domers offense. He could have very easily run for 1300-1500 yards and 15+ TDs in a system with a little more emphasis on establishing the run (like Buffalo).

If they wanna go with a WR Ted Ginn might somehow be able to slip through the cracks to 12 cuz CJ def ain't gonna be there. Ginn isn't ideal for us because we have our burner now we need a big guy that can go up and get the jump balls like Dwyane Jarrett. He will definitely be available at 12 but that would be a stretch, but I don't think he would be there in the second round though. But ya the draft is a crap shoot for fans. When it finally comes to draft day, its the boys in the war room that have the final say. :duel:

:clump:

Marvelous
02-28-2007, 02:28 AM
i have this feeling that since we are building our defense, mlb, which is the heart of the defense in more ways than one, will be our focus in the draft (as long as fletch is gone)

I agree
BUT
I'd say RB 1st, MLB 2nd
Here's why. Based on prior drafts there seems to have been more MLB's in the 2nd rounds with great pedigree..And the RB's in the 1st are far superior to 2nd rounders...Anyone have any thoughts on viewing RB & MLB in this manner if they we're our 1st 2 picks ?

Jan Reimers
02-28-2007, 07:22 AM
I agree with most of your analysis, jp, but I still think we need - and will acquire through the draft or FA - another DT. Anderson is below average, while Triplett and Williams are basically rotation guys. Even if McCargo plays like a first rounder, which I think he might, we need one more good player there, probably to replace Anderson.

jpdex12
02-28-2007, 09:29 PM
I agree with most of your analysis, jp, but I still think we need - and will acquire through the draft or FA - another DT. Anderson is below average, while Triplett and Williams are basically rotation guys. Even if McCargo plays like a first rounder, which I think he might, we need one more good player there, probably to replace Anderson.

What do we do with 8 D-linemen though? I agree. We could really beef up the interior of the d line but something's gotta give.

Man thinking about this more we could grab Lynch at 12 and then MLB in the second like Harris. If we could get a second round pick for McGahee we could sign someone like Mebane as well. What a draft that would be.