PDA

View Full Version : This is why Ruff likes Kaleta!

JD
02-28-2007, 07:53 AM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mcnEz0ONqNk"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mcnEz0ONqNk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

clumping platelets
02-28-2007, 07:55 AM
All clean hits :up:

don137
02-28-2007, 08:08 AM
He's picking up for the injured Goose and is doing what the Sabres hoped Novotny would do..Big hits...

mchurchfie
02-28-2007, 08:10 AM
I love this guy.:up:

Meathead
02-28-2007, 08:10 AM
i think it was rob that made the point last night that he doesnt go looking for the hits because that would take him out of position but if they are there he takes full advantage

interesting when you consider where neil was on the ice and where he came from when he made his

BillsNick
02-28-2007, 08:37 AM
Kaleta is already making a name for himself.

camelcowboy
02-28-2007, 09:51 AM
I loved him the moment he put ottawa's goon into the bench. Then ottawa was chasing him all night, good stuff.

YardRat
02-28-2007, 10:08 AM
This kid is going to be good...he brought toughness to the table right away.

I'll have to disagree with you, though, clump...that last hit is a penalty...he clearly leaves his feet.

SkateZilla
02-28-2007, 10:26 AM
Amen, Brother, Amen.... im Gonna Remane My Budda Statue to Kaleta...

JD
02-28-2007, 11:36 AM
I'll have to disagree with you, though, clump...that last hit is a penalty...he clearly leaves his feet.
No he didnt. He rushed and leaned hard into the guy, basically going on his tippy toes to make the hit, his feet left the ice after the hit because of the high impact.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
02-28-2007, 11:59 AM
That's how the kid is, he's a nice kid off the ice but on it he's a pain in the neck to play against! I saw him play at St. Francis my cousin played for WSHS and he was a junior when Kaleta was a senior and he said "that he'll check you to death and draw other teams into taking penalties Like Mathew Barnaby did" I hope Kaleta sticks and they don't send him back down to Rochester.

JD
02-28-2007, 12:01 PM
I hope Kaleta, Paille, MacArthur and Stafford make the team next year. Ryan is starting out sort of shaky like Max, but damn can the kid move!!

Typ0
02-28-2007, 12:20 PM
All clean hits :up:

I think that one a couple seconds after the buzzer sounds may have been a little late.

YardRat
02-28-2007, 12:36 PM
No he didnt. He rushed and leaned hard into the guy, basically going on his tippy toes to make the hit, his feet left the ice after the hit because of the high impact.

I'll agree to disagree, it's not a big deal, but his left foot is definitely off the ice just prior to impact, and it's too close to call whether the right is touching or not.

That's one of those calls where it's complete judgement on the official's part, and if you're a fan of the hitter it was clean, a fan of the poor sucker getting smoked it was a penalty.

I'll be happy if he lays a couple of those on the opposition in the near future regardless :D

jamesiscool
02-28-2007, 01:31 PM
when i see him play i see almost a hybrid of varada and barnaby. hits like barnaby but gets under skin like varada did. i love the kid and he adds a much needed element of toughness to this team.

James

JD
02-28-2007, 03:22 PM
I think that one a couple seconds after the buzzer sounds may have been a little late.
I thought the same until I seen the actual time in the top left corner, something like 0.3 seconds left

JD
02-28-2007, 03:24 PM
I'll agree to disagree, it's not a big deal, but his left foot is definitely off the ice just prior to impact, and it's too close to call whether the right is touching or not.

That's one of those calls where it's complete judgement on the official's part, and if you're a fan of the hitter it was clean, a fan of the poor sucker getting smoked it was a penalty.

I'll be happy if he lays a couple of those on the opposition in the near future regardless :D

Haha yeah I hear you, for example.. the Umberger hit, Campbell left his skates a split second before the collision.