PDA

View Full Version : Robaire Smith FA DT Titans

Mr. Pink
02-28-2007, 08:39 AM
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=1725

Appears as if the Titans and him hit a snag in contract negotiations. Would instantly upgrade our front 4 and porous run defense. Question is what will he cost?

Thoughts?

THATHURMANATOR
02-28-2007, 08:40 AM
Seems like this guy is a Free agent target every year. If he is any good why is he constantly getting cut? (21 words)

patmoran2006
02-28-2007, 08:45 AM
Wow....

I really want the Bills to draft Okoye since they refuse to better themselves at DE and the front four is too important..

I think there is a realistic shot he may be there.

BillsNick
02-28-2007, 09:26 AM
Isn't this the guy that stepped on a guys face in a game last year?

Stewie
02-28-2007, 09:28 AM
no

Saratoga Slim
02-28-2007, 09:31 AM
Isn't this the guy that stepped on a guys face in a game last year?

Albert Haynesworth

Jan Reimers
02-28-2007, 09:39 AM
Who needs a big, experienced, run stuffing DT when we already have Tim Anderson in the fold?

patmoran2006
02-28-2007, 09:43 AM
Who needs a big, experienced, run stuffing DT when we already have Tim Anderson in the fold?
you been drinking already?

I would draft a DT in the first round.. IF Okoye is on the board..

Mahdi
02-28-2007, 10:32 AM

Im almost certain that our pick is going to be Lynch or Peterson..... We dont want Willis anymore and I bet Levy wants a say in this offense, he didnt draft Evans and JP so im sure that he wants to be part of the success of our O. I say Lynch.

patmoran2006
02-28-2007, 10:34 AM
Lynch may be a reach, but marv dont give a **** about that (good thing)
there is ZERO chance Peterson is on the board for us.

Mr. Pink
02-28-2007, 10:37 AM
Cleveland management has interest in Peterson. Cleveland owner Randy Lerner has interest in JMarc from what I've heard and read.

JMarc isn't gonna be available for Cleveland because Oakland is going to take him regardless.

And even if Cleveland were to not take Peterson, it's because they traded down and someone will move up to take him. Even if this doesn't happen, it's not very likely that AP is gonna get past Houston anyways.

Elminster
02-28-2007, 10:40 AM
Wasn't it Ian Scott that would solve all our problems? Or was it Hollis Thomas? Now Robaire Smith is the panacea? Sorry, I can't keep track. I thought we had too much talent at DT get another, or was it that we couldn't because we tendered Anderson....some one refresh my memory please...

Tatonka
02-28-2007, 12:19 PM
smith isa good player. he played very well for the titans.. left to go to houston.. things didnt work out for him there.. so he went back to the titans and has played very well again since.

no one plays good for houston. i am not going to hold that against him.

honestly, with all the young guys in the DT fold, we could use a strong veteran to help out there.

OpIv37
02-28-2007, 12:23 PM
Wasn't it Ian Scott that would solve all our problems? Or was it Hollis Thomas? Now Robaire Smith is the panacea? Sorry, I can't keep track. I thought we had too much talent at DT get another, or was it that we couldn't because we tendered Anderson....some one refresh my memory please...

any one of those guys would be a HUGE improvement over Anderson.

Elminster
02-28-2007, 12:50 PM
any one of those guys would be a HUGE improvement over Anderson.
Oh, I'm not saying he wouldn't be. Of course, that's not saying much at all. Kudos to Tatonka for providing an informative analysis. It just seems to me that people anoint a new savior every third day or so...

The Spaz
02-28-2007, 01:12 PM
Draft Okoye and cut Anderson.:up:

Talk0fNewYork
02-28-2007, 01:21 PM

Again, you need to stop being so stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats as bad as the Lions drafting reciever 3 years in a row!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr. Pink
02-28-2007, 02:23 PM
Oh, I'm not saying he wouldn't be. Of course, that's not saying much at all. Kudos to Tatonka for providing an informative analysis. It just seems to me that people anoint a new savior every third day or so...

William "the refridgerator" Perry would be a savior to our run defense. I assume that the last sentence is directed at me for not being informative on the guy, just saying he would help our porous run D is not enough. I'm sorry and I'll work on that in the future. :dance: