PDA

View Full Version : Possible "realistic" FA's to target?

patmoran2006
02-28-2007, 10:29 AM
Here are a couple of players by position the Bills may possibly target in FA, at least players they can afford. Obviously, they are not at the top of my wish list, but I dont even bother putting guys like Steinbach, Dielman or June on the list.

Guards
Dockery
Cooper Carlisle
Adam Timmerman
Ruben Brown

Linebackers
DeMario Williams, Atl (and I like him)
Napoleon Harris
Boss Bailey
K. Mitchell, KC (MLB)

DE
Nobody thanks to Kelsay

DT
Nobody

RB
Marcel SHipp
TJ Duckett

FB
Justin Griffith, Atl (I like him alot)
Jerald Sowell, TB
Kyle Johnson, Den

TE
Eric Johnson

CB
Nick Harper
Rod Hood,Philly (I like him a lot)

YardRat
02-28-2007, 10:36 AM
We'll have to wait and see. I don't expect the team to bring in as many guys as they did last year, but 6-8 doesn't seem unrealistic to me.

Italian Stallion
02-28-2007, 10:43 AM
I like the list, but I know for a fact that Griffith from ATL isn't a FA. My buddy is a die hard Falcons fan and he said they resigned him to a 5 year deal during the season. Too bad cause I like him alot too.

Going with the other Falcon, I'd be extremely happy. I watch ALOT of Falcons games cuz my buddy has sunday ticket, and Williams is very good. The only reason why they arn't going to resign him is because they like Michael Boley better, and they feel he runs himself out of position too much (very fast and agile)

Of that list I would like us to bring in

Hood (Physical corner fits well in the D, young)

Williams (would be perfect fit for this defense)

Carlisle (not as overweight as dockery is)

I think this is an extremely realistic list. I like Ahman Green to platoon in the backfield with whoever we draft. He's a Marv type player that can catch the ball.

Italian Stallion
02-28-2007, 11:00 AM
NEVERMIND PAT

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/falcons/stories/2007/02/27/0227griffith.html

I guess my firend is a very uninformed Falcon fan. Griffith is a FA, you were right.

Wow he would be a good pickup, and wouldn't cost that much either.

Carlton Bailey
02-28-2007, 11:03 AM
I like Ahman Green at RB. I know he's old, but he'd be a good short-term solution while someone young is groomed behind him. Willis McGahee only got 990 yds. last year; I'll bet Green, even at 29, can surpass that.

Don't Panic
02-28-2007, 11:19 AM

6' and 232... he must be quite a pursuit guy. He is a RFA though... worth noting.

bigbub2352
02-28-2007, 11:59 AM
I like the Fb from ATL, he would be a solid pickup and is much more athletic then Shelton, Sowell from TB is no bum either, we need a good Fb who can catch out of the backfeild

TedMock
02-28-2007, 12:00 PM
I'd take Dockery or Carlisle. Dockery is 335 lbs, but he's also 6'6", so it's not like he's a big fatty. Mike Williams was 30 lbs heavier at the same height. Carlisle is solid, but under 300 lbs. He had a tough year last year allowing 6 sacks, but prior to that he was solid. He can obviously run zone blocking well. Dockery can move pretty well and is probably a better straight-ahead blocker. The big knock I have on him is that he takes a few too many false start penalties. He may be the better choice overall though. Tough call.

DraftBoy
02-28-2007, 12:02 PM
Justin Griffith would be a huge pickup for us, he doesnt fit the new Bobby Petrino style, he can do it all block, run, and catch the ball.

jdbillsfan
02-28-2007, 01:37 PM
Here are a couple of players by position the Bills may possibly target in FA, at least players they can afford. Obviously, they are not at the top of my wish list, but I dont even bother putting guys like Steinbach, Dielman or June on the list.

Guards
Dockery
Cooper Carlisle
Adam Timmerman
Ruben Brown

Linebackers
Napoleon Harris
Boss Bailey
K. Mitchell, KC (MLB)

DE
Nobody thanks to Kelsay

DT
Nobody

RB
Marcel SHipp
TJ Duckett

FB
Justin Griffith, Atl (I like him alot)
Jerald Sowell, TB
Kyle Johnson, Den

TE
Eric Johnson

CB
Nick Harper
Rod Hood,Philly (I like him a lot)

I would love to have Justin Griffith. Would be another weapon for JP and a good runner/blocker.

patmoran2006
02-28-2007, 01:42 PM
Definitely a good choice.. He'd be solid for us and he'd be worth above-average FB salary.

Bmax
02-28-2007, 03:04 PM
Ovie Mughelli-FB-Ravens big tough young Fb good blocker caught 21 passes last season .. GOOD ON SPECIAL TEAMS !!!!!

DT-Ian Scott-Bears
Aubrayo Franklin-Ravens

OG-Montrae Holland-former starter for saints
Jacob Bell-Titans-Restricted ..don't know the tender of ir he was signed long term yet..
Stacey Andrews-Restricted..young big tackle or guard..

Ryan Lilja-Restricted.. a little small at 6-290-LG

CB- Rod Hood
Travis Fisher-Rams

MLB-OLB-Wali Rainer-special teams guy former lion...TEXANS LB who was hurt last season if healthy would be decent depth at mlb....

Napoleon Harris-MLB
Tommy Polley-OLB

Bmax

HHURRICANE
02-28-2007, 03:13 PM
NEVERMIND PAT

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/falcons/stories/2007/02/27/0227griffith.html

I guess my firend is a very uninformed Falcon fan. Griffith is a FA, you were right.

Wow he would be a good pickup, and wouldn't cost that much either.

"uninformed falcon fan" is what they call all fans down here. The owner is one!

Mr. Pink
02-28-2007, 06:33 PM
I gave you thanks just for putting Wali Rainer in there BMax....

I remember him back in 99 and 2000 playing MLB for the Browns. The dude is an absolute beast with a nose for the ballcarrier and hits like a mack truck.

I'm still kind of upset they let him go and am not sure why he was allowed to walk away from the organizaiton.

Problem is he doesn't fit a cover 2 system. He's not quick enough to drop off into coverages. He's excellent against the run and getting to the ballcarrier though.