PDA

View Full Version : What veteran RB would u modt likely want the Bills to pick up this year?

bigbub2352
02-28-2007, 10:32 AM
We dont know if a trade with Mcgahee involved is gonna happen,

We dont Know were Marv is going in the draft, or if he is gonna look RB on the first day or second or at all,

We dont Know the situation of A-Train, and we know that we now need a FB

We dont know who we have targeted in FA either

so my question is anyway u look at we need a number 2 RB and possible a number 1

What FA out there would u guys like the Bills to sign in order to start building the run attack that all these coaches have preached since we got rid of Travis Henry?

Any Favorites?

Also who would u guys like the Bills to take in the Draft at the RB position if we dont add a veteran?

YardRat
02-28-2007, 10:43 AM
I'd give Jones or Duckett a look.

Mr. Pink
02-28-2007, 10:50 AM
Ahman Green

patmoran2006
02-28-2007, 10:52 AM
Duckett and draft a RB in round two...

I like Green but I dont think he'll sign the kind of deal we'd be looking for him to sign. This may be his only chance to get a real nice contract from someone.

Italian Stallion
02-28-2007, 10:52 AM
Ahman Green

Absolutley. He has great hands, can block well for the pass, and is a good guy.

Another one to keep in mind...The Texans might release Domanick Williams, because he doesnt fit there offense. I know he's bee ninjured, but if you look at his stats, on arguably the worst team in the league the past 5 seasons, it looks pretty good.

bigbub2352
02-28-2007, 11:27 AM
Dminic Davis would be a huge pic up for us, he is real good there behind a worse line than ours arguabley, i also would look into often injured corell Buckhalter he has all the things a starter should have but has had bad luck early in his career,

Sometimes when TJ Duckett, and a skat back, he would gives us a 3rd and 1 and goaline threat and is still young

other than that it is a crap shoot

Don't Panic
02-28-2007, 12:21 PM
Either TJones/BLeonard or Green. I love how they call him "old" at 29. I could see him still having three quality years left. Still think the Pack re-sign him, though. My first choice is Jones/Leonard because I think it gives us a quality two back set. With word that Shaud Williams is back in the fold, we would truly have a back for every imaginable situation. Now THAT would make life easier for JP.

The Spaz
02-28-2007, 12:26 PM
Absolutley. He has great hands, can block well for the pass, and is a good guy.

Another one to keep in mind...The Texans might release Domanick Williams, because he doesnt fit there offense. I know he's bee ninjured, but if you look at his stats, on arguably the worst team in the league the past 5 seasons, it looks pretty good.

Good player not a good guy.

http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=Ahman+Green+arrested&btn=Search&tab=Web&ei=UTF-8&fr=my-vert-web-top

gr8slayer
02-28-2007, 12:27 PM
Green

kernowboy
02-28-2007, 12:34 PM
TJ Duckett as the 'thunder' and the drafting of Eldra Buckley on Day2 to provide the lightening.

At the end of 2007, we'll have the luxury of deciding if we want to draft a RB in a deep class in 2008

kernowboy
02-28-2007, 12:34 PM
TJ Duckett as the 'thunder' and the drafting of Eldra Buckley on Day2 to provide the lightening.

At the end of 2007, we'll have the luxury of deciding if we want to draft a RB in a deep class in 2008

bigbub2352
02-28-2007, 01:35 PM
i am all for taking a RB in round 2, especially if we trade Willis for a 2nd rounder, and go D with our first pick, i like Kenny Irons out of Auburn too

patmoran2006
02-28-2007, 01:41 PM
Of all the rookies outside of Peterson, I am really liking Bush the best right now.

bigbub2352
02-28-2007, 01:58 PM
Bush is a beast, and he would have been a 1st rounder had he come out his junior year

Bert102176
02-28-2007, 03:46 PM
TJ Duckett and draft Bush

Carlton Bailey
02-28-2007, 03:48 PM
Sign Ahman and draft a RB in the mid-rounds to groom behind him. Green might be my most coveted FA.

casdhf
02-28-2007, 07:51 PM
Green. He can catch the ball and he has no problem playing in the conditions in Buffalo. He would be the best pick of anyone.

chernobylwraiths
02-28-2007, 08:52 PM
I think I would take a look at Michael Turner.

TigerJ
02-28-2007, 10:54 PM
Turner is probably the veteran I like the most, but I think the Chargers trade demands are going to be a little rich for my blood. Same with Thomas Jones, despite the fact that I've got a brother with the same name. I think maybe Green if he gets a clean bill of health. Twenty-nine is pretty old for a QB and Ahman Green is definitely a back with a lot of miles. Same with Jamal Lewis, just cut by Baltimore. I wouldn't mind Michael Bush in the draft, but only if Buffalo obtains a back with some outside speed to reach the corner, a Willie Parker to Bush's Jerome Bettis impersonation. I'm not real thrilled with most of the backs in the draft. I think running back is one of the weakest areas in the draft. Next year will be a MUCH better draft for running backs. That's what makes it kind of a bad year to be thinking about dumping your veteran unless you've already got an intended replacement on the roster.

jamesiscool
02-28-2007, 11:41 PM
draft irons, sign duckett. i think jaroun could get the most out of duckett. for a big guy he can move and i think that a 2 headed RB attack would be much more efficent in this offense than having one main feature back.

OR in the same mold of the thunder and lightning concept, draft bush sign davis if he gets released.

But it doesnt matter cuz none of this will happen cuz we are cheap and we'll go in with shaud as our starting back................... :candle:

James

GarnOFreak
03-01-2007, 06:23 AM
Not sure if he's gonna finally be cleared to play, but what about Priest Holmes? I'd like to see someone who is a 1-3 year fix come in as a leader if we're planning on designating NEXT year as the year to go after our future RB.

A lot of folks have said in this thread they would like to see Ahman Green here. You know what would be great....someone snagging M. Lynch(RB) before Green Bay picks and we could swing McGahee and our 2nd for their 1st pick at #16. Having picks 12 and 16 would make it easier to fill two holes with quality guys, rather than hope for sleepers or projects to develop.

would love to see Okoye at 12 and Poz at 16

Night Train
03-01-2007, 06:31 AM
I like Greens work ethic and effort but he has fumbled 37 times over the last 7 1/2 years.

I wish he protected the ball a tad better and we aren't the type of team that can overcome a lot of turnovers. Still, for a short term solution, he may be the best out there. If McGahee is dealt before the draft, a day 1 pick of a RB will happen anyhow.

User Manuel
03-01-2007, 06:57 AM
I think we should take a Flyer on Kevin jones if we deal Mcgahee.

bigbub2352
03-01-2007, 08:38 AM
Michael Bush and TJ Duckett would be a crazy smash mouth tandem, with Newly signed Shaud Williams, would be a perfect skat back to those to monsters, i would not mind having a tandem like that just dont expect many 50 yd runs, but man 3 and 1 and goaline shouldnt be a problem

Billsrock4life
03-01-2007, 01:58 PM
ahman green or dominick davis

Bert102176
03-01-2007, 02:20 PM
I like Green but he is injured too much

ParanoidAndroid
03-01-2007, 02:30 PM
Domanick Williams got a raw deal in Houston. I say bring him here when they cut him and put together an O-line that can block for him. He's a great receiver out of the backfield. He was Houston's offense.
So, when did he change his name to Williams, anyway?