PDA

View Full Version : Hargrove Tendered Contract

The Spaz
02-28-2007, 11:16 AM
Sources tell WGR the Buffalo Bills have tendered restricted free agent Anthony Hargrove a one year contract worth $850,000. The 6-3, 272 pound Hargrove was acquired by the Bills last October from St. Louis for a 5th round pick in this year's draft. He played in 10 games, recording 25 tackles and 1 sack. Teams can still offer Hargrove a contract but the Bills have the right to match the offer and retain Hargrove's services. If they declined, the Bills would receive a 3rd round draft pick as compensation.

http://www.wgr550.com/bills/fullstory.php?id=2208

Carlton Bailey
02-28-2007, 11:17 AM
Good move. We win either way.

Mr. Miyagi
02-28-2007, 11:19 AM
I like him. I want to keep him around.

mysticsoto
02-28-2007, 11:26 AM
Excellent. I was starting to get worried that they were just going to let him go. Hargrove played hard for us last year and is a welcomed asset to the team! I'm glad we've tendered him and quite frankly that's pretty cheap for the versatility he brings to the team. Excellent move!!!

patmoran2006
02-28-2007, 11:39 AM
Good move, I agree.

I think he's worth the money.

and I dont want to harp on Kelsay, but I cant help it. Denney/Hargrove rotation wouldn't have been much worse than Kelsay, and that money coulda went to much better quality guard or LB.

But this thread aint about kelsay........At any rate, considering the price and everything else, I think this was a really smart move.

patmoran2006
02-28-2007, 11:40 AM
this now means we have all of our top 8 defensive linemen under contract for next season.

Forgive me for not wanting to do cartwheels over that.

BillsNick
02-28-2007, 11:46 AM
Sweet!

Dr. Lecter
02-28-2007, 11:51 AM
this now means we have all of our top 8 defensive linemen under contract for next season.

I bet we don't and Timmy ain't around.

mysticsoto
02-28-2007, 11:53 AM

Tim Anderson has only been tendered. We could easily dump him if we grab Okoye in the draft and I think this is very doable. Or we could grab Ian Scott in FA, or we could draft a lower rd raw guy that might need to develop but shows good potential.

There are still options and being tendered does not mean we are stuck with him. It means, Marv covered his ass just in case other things fall through...

bigbub2352
02-28-2007, 11:56 AM
This is a solid move, we spent a 5th to get him, now that he has a year under his belt to learn the D, is energy was a welcome addition to our D and special teams, i like this guy and hope he does nothin but improve cause Denney and Schobel arent gettin any younger

patmoran2006
02-28-2007, 11:58 AM
Tim Anderson has only been tendered. We could easily dump him if we grab Okoye in the draft and I think this is very doable. Or we could grab Ian Scott in FA, or we could draft a lower rd raw guy that might need to develop but shows good potential.

There are still options and being tendered does not mean we are stuck with him. It means, Marv covered his ass just in case other things fall through...
Agreed.. the statement was all 8 are under contract.
I hold out hope Okoye falls to us, or we get Scott.. we need IMPROVEMENT in our DT run game, especially since we have all 4 DE's back from last year.

DraftBoy
02-28-2007, 12:04 PM
Good move by Marv, I hope he doesnt get bid at with such a low tender on him, he is going to be a good DE in a bare market.

Saratoga Slim
02-28-2007, 12:07 PM
Agreed.. the statement was all 8 are under contract.
I hold out hope Okoye falls to us, or we get Scott.. we need IMPROVEMENT in our DT run game, especially since we have all 4 DE's back from last year.

yeah Pat. I've generally thought you've taken the Anderson and Kelsay signings a bit too hard, but I'm 100% with you that the DTs need a drastic upgrade in production. It may very well be that much improvement will come as a result of McCargo being healthy, Williams' year of experience, and Triplett's added familiarity with the system, but man I'd feel so much better if we added another DT through FA or the draft.

gr8slayer
02-28-2007, 12:14 PM
Great freaking move.

OpIv37
02-28-2007, 12:17 PM
I like Hargrove's mentality and I love his effort on the field.

However I still have to question the wisdom of bringing back the entire DL that wasn't even close to good enough last year.

YardRat
02-28-2007, 12:29 PM
Marv knows what he's doing, and this just adds to the list of why.

I agree with Lecter...we're not done with the d-line yet. This is just starting.

gr8slayer
02-28-2007, 12:32 PM
I like Hargrove's mentality and I love his effort on the field.

However I still have to question the wisdom of bringing back the entire DL that wasn't even close to good enough last year.
Chemistry.

pintonick96
02-28-2007, 01:14 PM
Hargrove is all energy. I love watchin him play.

NC-BILLS44
02-28-2007, 01:16 PM
Smart move by OBD. Cheap, big upside and if someone else wants him, the Bills essentially get a 3rd round pick for giving up a 5th.

Good job Marv & Co.

jdbillsfan
02-28-2007, 01:47 PM
Would you guys let him go for a 3rd? Or match the offer.

You can good some good talent in the 3rd, but he is young and starting to prove himself. Never know with a rookie.

I guess the way the bills have structured their D-line, there isn't a ton of room for Hargrove, except to spell Schoebel.