PDA

View Full Version : 1st pick in the draft: Calvin Johnson?

mysticsoto
02-28-2007, 11:19 AM
I'm starting to think that the Raiders are going to pick Calvin Johnson in the draft as their 1st pick instead of a QB like Russell. Russell came into the combine with a flat tire around his stomach and the Raiders are having problems with Moss who wants out of there.

Rumor has it that they are shopping him and have interested parties in GB and the Patriots. They want a 1st rd pick for him and remember that the Patriots have 2 1st rd picks this year.

The Raiders appear to be contemplating given Walters a chance at QB and maybe bringing in another veteran behind him and instead grabbing Johnson with the 1st pick and getting additional pick in the late 1st.

And quite frankly, if I'm them, I do that!!!

How does that change the rest of the picks? Detriot takes Russell? Who does TB take then? DE ? Jamaal Anderson? Gaines Adams? Reggie Nelson? Landry?

Devin
02-28-2007, 08:30 PM
The only reason I disagree is because after quinn/russell no QB gives them an immediate upgrade over Walters.

This is a relativley deep draft at WR. Taking a guy like Hill in the 3rd or maybe Rice with the first pick in the 2nd would be pretty good moves imo.

X-Era
02-28-2007, 09:37 PM
I'm starting to think that the Raiders are going to pick Calvin Johnson in the draft as their 1st pick instead of a QB like Russell. Russell came into the combine with a flat tire around his stomach and the Raiders are having problems with Moss who wants out of there.

Rumor has it that they are shopping him and have interested parties in GB and the Patriots. They want a 1st rd pick for him and remember that the Patriots have 2 1st rd picks this year.

The Raiders appear to be contemplating given Walters a chance at QB and maybe bringing in another veteran behind him and instead grabbing Johnson with the 1st pick and getting additional pick in the late 1st.

And quite frankly, if I'm them, I do that!!!

How does that change the rest of the picks? Detriot takes Russell? Who does TB take then? DE ? Jamaal Anderson? Gaines Adams? Reggie Nelson? Landry?

I can see this if and only if the Raiders trade Moss for Aaron Rodgers, which is a recent rumor. Obviously any other QB of name would work too.

Saratoga Slim
03-01-2007, 07:54 AM
Who's going to throw the ball to Johnson?

I just can't see the Raiders going with Andrew Walter this year. Unless they sign a vet, I think they've got to take Quinn/Russell.

mysticsoto
03-01-2007, 11:14 AM
Brad Johnson was released. I think he's a viable candidate for them. And it may be that Walters has improved a great deal and they want to give him a chance.

I think they want a stud WR that they expected to get when Moss went over there. Russell is looking kind of lazy right now by gaining more weight...

Trent Green is also an option if they can make a trade with KC...

mysticsoto
03-06-2007, 11:33 AM
The Raiders have done nothing with their QB situation yet, so it's hard to tell if they are just waiting for prices to come down with veterans like Johnson, but interestingly enough, the Lions appear to be really interested in Brady Quinn...as they sent quite a few coaches out to watch him work out. Hmmm...I wonder how that change could shake up the current draft thoughts...Joe Thomas would instead fall to Arizona? A defensive player (DE) might then fall lower than expected?

I think this would bode well for us, as Washington could then end up taking a DE instead of Alan Branch. Though that doesn't mean Branch would fall to us, it might mean that Okoye could...

mysticsoto
03-06-2007, 11:39 AM
The Raiders have done nothing with their QB situation yet, so it's hard to tell if they are just waiting for prices to come down with veterans like Johnson, but interestingly enough, the Lions appear to be really interested in Brady Quinn...as they sent quite a few coaches out to watch him work out. Hmmm...I wonder how that change could shake up the current draft thoughts...Joe Thomas would instead fall to Arizona? A defensive player (DE) might then fall lower than expected?

I think this would bode well for us, as Washington could then end up taking a DE instead of Alan Branch. Though that doesn't mean Branch would fall to us, it might mean that Okoye could...