PDA

View Full Version : OT - Lawrance Taylor's reaction

joekurtz
02-28-2007, 11:30 AM
Sorry to post this here, but I just had to get this off my chest, somewhere.
Believe it or not, until about ten minutes ago on YouTube I'd never actually seen live game footage of Taylor's hit on Thiesman. I'd seen the sack itself, in slow mo many times, but not any footage of the immediate aftermath when LT immediately jumped to his feet & waved the Redkin's training crew in to help Joe. Then, stood there nearby with his hands on his helmet in obvious concern as they tended to him.
That, IMO is a REAL man's reaction to an event like that.
I don't care what he's done since then & since his career ended ( it was all self destructive anyhow, so who are we to judge? ), I'll never say a bad thing about him again. Ever.

How many of today's "superstars" do you think would have reacted to Thiesman's horrific injury like that? Probably VERY few, if any. They'd probably be too busy doing their poses & dances etc..
Hell, I hate to say it about one of our own, but I seriously doubt whether Bruce Smith would have responded in a compationate way either. Nothing against him, I just don't think it was in his nature to do so.

streetkings01
02-28-2007, 11:40 AM
Theismann was so annoying when he was doing Sunday Night football....now he's just as annoying doing Monday Night Football!!!

Valerie
02-28-2007, 11:43 AM
I don't think I've ever seen the aftermath after the hit. Like BuffaloBills06, I can't stand Joe Theismann. He's probably the most annoying person on the face of the earth! :down:

kgun12
02-28-2007, 11:47 AM
:blah: One good act does not make a man or a good man. He is an Ahole. He used coke, while playing (his own admission), he is not a good person, and as far as your point about his reaction, I disagree also. Whenever you see a player that my have a spine injury, ALL the players are down on 1 knee pacing around or showing concern someway. I am a hunter and I have killed many animals and have no trouble doing that while hunting, and I hate cats. But Once I killed a cat by accident when it darted in front of my car, You know what I felt relly bad and sad for the owners after I knocked on their door and told them.

Billsrock4life
02-28-2007, 03:16 PM
:blah: One good act does not make a man or a good man. He is an Ahole. He used coke, while playing (his own admission), he is not a good person, and as far as your point about his reaction, I disagree also. Whenever you see a player that my have a spine injury, ALL the players are down on 1 knee pacing around or showing concern someway. I am a hunter and I have killed many animals and have no trouble doing that while hunting, and I hate cats. But Once I killed a cat by accident when it darted in front of my car, You know what I felt relly bad and sad for the owners after I knocked on their door and told them.

agreed......and joe theisman needs 2 get off the Teddy Brushci/Patriots bandwagon

HHURRICANE
02-28-2007, 03:56 PM
Sorry to post this here, but I just had to get this off my chest, somewhere.
Believe it or not, until about ten minutes ago on YouTube I'd never actually seen live game footage of Taylor's hit on Thiesman. I'd seen the sack itself, in slow mo many times, but not any footage of the immediate aftermath when LT immediately jumped to his feet & waved the Redkin's training crew in to help Joe. Then, stood there nearby with his hands on his helmet in obvious concern as they tended to him.
That, IMO is a REAL man's reaction to an event like that.
I don't care what he's done since then & since his career ended ( it was all self destructive anyhow, so who are we to judge? ), I'll never say a bad thing about him again. Ever.

How many of today's "superstars" do you think would have reacted to Thiesman's horrific injury like that? Probably VERY few, if any. They'd probably be too busy doing their poses & dances etc..
Hell, I hate to say it about one of our own, but I seriously doubt whether Bruce Smith would have responded in a compationate way either. Nothing against him, I just don't think it was in his nature to do so.

Let me make this easy for everyone. LT was a great player and showed a lot of professionalism after that hit. It was one of the biggest hits in NFL history. I highly doubt that you would get the same reaction today because everybody is consumed with their Ray Lewis/under armor style of gangster football. The poster got it right!!

Good post.

kgun12
02-28-2007, 04:21 PM
Let me make this easy for everyone. LT was a great player and showed a lot of professionalism after that hit. It was one of the biggest hits in NFL history. I highly doubt that you would get the same reaction today because everybody is consumed with their Ray Lewis/under armor style of gangster football. The poster got it right!!

Good post.

Let me make this easier, LT is a looser! He did coke while playing in the NFL. Do you know how much that helped him, not to mention that it was illegal! Barry Bonds is being raked over the coals for using steroids, which by the way he never failed a test, nor admitted to using them. LT has don both. Not saying Bonds did or didn't, just saying he has been vilified for something he has never been caught doing. Yet you say LT was a great player. A great player that enhanced his performance using cocaine!
I say that makes him a looser!