PDA

View Full Version : Packers Want Randy Moss If He Agrees to Pay Cut

gr8slayer
02-28-2007, 12:20 PM
The Packers are interested in Randy Moss, but would want him to agree to take a pay cut before trading for him.
The Raiders and Packers have reportedly had preliminary talks about a deal but at this point Green Bay considers Moss' $11.7 million cap number "economically unfeasible." New England and Jacksonville also have interest in Moss, according to the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel. If Oakland dealt Moss, they'd be more likely to draft Calvin Johnson. Feb. 28 - 9:14 am et
Source: Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel

gr8slayer
02-28-2007, 12:21 PM
They can have his sorry ass if you ask me. The guy blows and is a head case.

Mr. Pink
02-28-2007, 12:22 PM
Ugh...I want no part of Tom Brady to Randy Moss twice a year.

That would suck...a lot.

gr8slayer
02-28-2007, 12:23 PM

That would suck...a lot.
Packers not Pats.

Mr. Pink
02-28-2007, 12:24 PM
The Packers are interested in Randy Moss, but would want him to agree to take a pay cut before trading for him.
The Raiders and Packers have reportedly had preliminary talks about a deal but at this point Green Bay considers Moss' $11.7 million cap number "economically unfeasible." New England and Jacksonville also have interest in Moss, according to the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel. If Oakland dealt Moss, they'd be more likely to draft Calvin Johnson. Feb. 28 - 9:14 am et
Source: Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel

:)

gr8slayer
02-28-2007, 12:26 PM
:)
Oops. Somehow got everyone but the Pats lol.

Oaklandraider
02-28-2007, 12:27 PM
who ever gets him they're going to have to give up a player and 2nd or a late 1st rounder.

Saratoga Slim
02-28-2007, 12:28 PM
the raiders are crazy if they don't take Russell or Quinn. This is their prime opportunity to find a franchise passer.

Oaklandraider
02-28-2007, 12:30 PM
the raiders are crazy if they don't take Russell or Quinn. This is their prime opportunity to find a franchise passer.

I agree they should take quinn but they want calvin johnson.

gr8slayer
02-28-2007, 12:31 PM
I agree they should take quinn but they want calvin johnson.
So who would be throwing the ball?

Oaklandraider
02-28-2007, 12:38 PM
So who would be throwing the ball?

I have no idea

TacklingDummy
02-28-2007, 12:45 PM

That would suck...a lot.

Clements can......whoops...Youboty can cover him.

gr8slayer
02-28-2007, 12:46 PM
Clements can......whoops...Youboty can cover him.
Are you implying we should re-sign Clements?

TacklingDummy
02-28-2007, 12:51 PM
Are you implying we should re-sign Clements?

I think it would be a good idea.

But heck, why resign Clements when we can use that money on signing 3 or 4 scrubs.

gr8slayer
02-28-2007, 12:51 PM
I think it would be a good idea.
If we weren't in a Cover 2 Zone 3/4th's of the time I would agree.

Stewie
02-28-2007, 01:57 PM
Al Davis was having wet dreams about Calvin Johnson 30 years before Cal was born.

And I too want no part of Moss in NE.

I think it's interesting that as the current core in NE gets older and older, Belichick has been slackening the "rules" they followed with much success and hype.. ie: character players who want to win, letting your high priced fa's go, etc.

Bulldog
02-28-2007, 02:09 PM
who ever gets him they're going to have to give up a player and 2nd or a late 1st rounder.

BS. No way in hell will anyone part with that for Randy Moss.

A.) He's a ***** for the most part

B.) He's clearly not what he used to be, and I don't care who's throwing him the ball.

C.) His salary is plain stupid.

The Raiders would be lucky to get a 3rd for him at this point.

Bill Brasky
02-28-2007, 02:35 PM
BS. No way in hell will anyone part with that for Randy Moss.

A.) He's a ***** for the most part

B.) He's clearly not what he used to be, and I don't care who's throwing him the ball.

C.) His salary is plain stupid.

The Raiders would be lucky to get a 3rd for him at this point.
A.) You know him personally? Otherwise, I'm venturing that this is an opinion rather than fact.

B.) He's clearly not what he used to be. Neither would you be if you had Aaron Brooks throwing the ball 30 yards over your head.

C.) His salary wasn't, and isn't, stupid. He's a top 5 player in the league if he's on the right team.

!Papacrunk!
02-28-2007, 03:04 PM

That would suck...a lot.

yeah what he said ^

raphael120
02-28-2007, 03:15 PM
i think jacksonville needs him more than the other two, not only do they not have any WR's but they dont have a Tom Brady to throw them the ball. And leftwich is kinda like culpepper...might be a good match

The Spaz
02-28-2007, 03:16 PM
A.) You know him personally? Otherwise, I'm venturing that this is an opinion rather than fact.

B.) He's clearly not what he used to be. Neither would you be if you had Aaron Brooks throwing the ball 30 yards over your head.

C.) His salary wasn't, and isn't, stupid. He's a top 5 player in the league if he's on the right team.

Watch him in games: see him on the sidelines, read the paper or watch tv?

Bulldog
02-28-2007, 08:48 PM

Are you his agent or something?

A.) It's pretty common knowledge that he has an attitude problem & is not a great teamate & has stated that he plays when he feels like it, making him a ***** in my book. And did I ever state that any of this was fact?

B.) You're right, he's not what he used to be, so why would any team be willing to give up that much for him. Factor in the attitude, and there's no way Oakland will get a 1st rounder for him.

C.) Moss is not a top five WR.

1.) Chad Johnson
2.) Marvin Harrison
3.) Roy Williams
4.) Donald Driver
5.) Steve Smith

And I could probably name a few more I would take before Moss at this point.

Oaklandraider
03-01-2007, 03:00 AM
ESPN is reporting that this trade is on the table and al davis just needs to pull the trigger to make it official.

Green bay:
1st round(16th overall) pick Aaron rodgers QB

Raiders:
2nd round pick(33rd overall) Randy Moss WR