PDA

View Full Version : Texans Release Eric Moulds and Seth Payne

Michael82
02-28-2007, 03:24 PM
With the free agency period beginning this Friday, the Texans cleared some room in their salary cap today by releasing veterans Zach Wiegert, Seth Payne and Eric Moulds.

The three players have a combined 33 NFL seasons under their belts, including 10 with the Texans. Each of the players started for the Texans at some point during the 2006 season, although Wiegert and Payne suffered knee injuries that cut their respective seasons short.
Texans general manager Rick Smith discussed the transactions in a statement released today by the team.

“We made some difficult decisions today in releasing these three veteran players," Smith said. "We appreciate the contributions that each made to our football team, organization and community."

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/detail.php?PRKey=3336

Night Train
02-28-2007, 03:30 PM
How many minutes until the first " Bring back Moulds " post ?

patmoran2006
02-28-2007, 03:31 PM
no!

patmoran2006
Moulds will end up in NE.. Watch!

Michael82
I wonder if Marv would think about it. I'd rather have Moulds more than Price. :up:

Michael82
:ill: :puke:

justasportsfan
02-28-2007, 03:32 PM
Watch him end up with the Pats :ill:

Italian Stallion
noooooooooo way to bringing him back

what a ***** he is. How's the egg in da face feel now EM? Eat dick

SquishDaFish
Why not bring him back as a #2?

Italian Stallion
02-28-2007, 03:33 PM

I was just thinking that. wow how pissed would all of us be watching Brady throw a TD to Moulds to beat us at home for a playoff spot

wow im pissed right now...hasen't even happened yet and I'm already pissed

Carlton Bailey
02-28-2007, 03:34 PM
I'd sign him. He's better than any receiver here except Evans, and he'd come cheap.

HHURRICANE
02-28-2007, 03:35 PM

Ohh yeah it's coming. And unless JP gets run over by a bus the answer is that it will never, ever, happen.

raphael120
02-28-2007, 03:35 PM
dammit moulds, whyd u have to be an egotistical dick and leave the team...him and evans with Losman gunnin wouldve been awesome...

justasportsfan
02-28-2007, 03:36 PM
Why not bring him back as a #2?I wouldn't mind that for the right price.

HHURRICANE
02-28-2007, 03:39 PM

Three minutes. Billinif05 won the prize!!

justasportsfan
02-28-2007, 03:40 PM
dammit moulds, whyd u have to be an egotistical dick and leave the team......

I guess he had the same complaints we had about Donahoe and Mularkey. Pat Williams said if Marv was running the show, he'd still be a bill. Wonder if Moulds feels the same way.

HHURRICANE
02-28-2007, 03:40 PM
I wouldn't mind that for the right price.

We better keep Holcomb because he's the only QB that he catches balls from.

Devin
02-28-2007, 03:43 PM
I wonder if Marv would think about it. I'd rather have Moulds more than Price. :up:

Me to id take Moulds back in a heart beat.

justasportsfan
02-28-2007, 03:46 PM
We better keep Holcomb because he's the only QB that he catches balls from. not true. JP wasn't ready and that didn't put the team in a position to win . that was Eric's beef with TD and Boolarkey. It's wasn't personal with JP. We've been through this already.

Let's put aside the blow up Eric had towards a TD led FO. You can't tell me he's not better than anyone we have at no. 2. He'll make this wr corps better in a heartbeat and we can use our draft picks on someone other position other than a wr.

Bert102176
02-28-2007, 03:48 PM
I want Moulds back

patmoran2006
02-28-2007, 03:48 PM
I guess he had the same complaints we had about Donahoe and Mularkey. Pat Williams said if Marv was running the show, he'd still be a bill. Wonder if Moulds feels the same way.
Actually Marv was the GM when Moulds refused any kind of paycut or restructure that would lessen his 2006 salary. He basically did a powerplay that left Levy with no alternative but to trade him.
To Moulds' advantage, this is such a weak FA class that there will definitely be a team that overpays him by at least a couple of million. Curtis and Stallworth head this class, and that aint saying all that much.
Personally, I'd love to see Moulds come back to Buffalo. Not only is he definitely better than any other WR outside of Evans we had, but coming back "home" so to speak would go a long way towards cleaning up his legacy here.

If the stuff behind the scenes we dont know about didnt get too personal last year, I'd hope maybe marv reaches out to him. FOr a decent price, it is POSSIBLE to happen.

TO do it though, it would cost a lot. Because not only would we have to sign MOulds, we'd end up cutting either Reed or Price as their contracts would be ridiculously high for a #4 WR. marv overpaid for both of them last year and gave them each $2 million bonuses, so to cut one would instantly count $1.5 million against the cap, on top of whatever Moulds' salary.

Assuming (safely I think) MOulds doesnt come back to Buffalo, I really hope he doesnt go to either New England or the Jets, as that would really suck to see him use up newly annoited start Ashton Youboty like a rag doll.

DynaPaul
02-28-2007, 09:09 PM
I heard from a rich friend that Moulds said he'd only play for another contender like the Lions, Raiders, or Browns.

Mitchy moo
02-28-2007, 10:19 PM
Woo-hoo you can get those Moulds bar rag jersey's shined right up now.