PDA

View Full Version : Let's not sugar coat the Shaud Williams signing.

HHURRICANE
02-28-2007, 08:19 PM
I want the homers to explain this one? Why not give him one year? Chris Brown, who's OBD's official *****, couldn't even explain it.

Though Shaud Williamshttp://www.buffalobills.com/images/relatedicon.gif (http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=4637#)' role was reduced last season he still made a good impression on the new coaching staff as the 'do anything' tailback was signed by Buffalo to a multi-year deal Wednesday.
Williams, a restricted free agent, was set to become an unrestricted free agent Friday had the Bills not presented him with a one-year qualifying offer. The Bills however, decided to go a step further locking the running back up beyond the 2007 season.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=4637

Devin
02-28-2007, 08:23 PM
Well he clearly...........this one time he was...........I uhhhhhh........Did he have a good wonderlic score?

Dr. Lecter
02-28-2007, 08:25 PM
This has been discussed in two threads already.

I think most don't understand this signing. But if he got little or no bonus, I still don't care.

ZacGriffi~82
02-28-2007, 08:26 PM
Marv is a Borat fan.

Mr. Pink
02-28-2007, 08:27 PM
Skoobys' rich friend told me that Shaud serves Ralphie and Marv tea and crumpets at 2pm sharp daily. They kept him because he's their favorite waitress.

Goobylal
02-28-2007, 08:37 PM
Shaud is excellent on ST's. He was inactive for 11 games and the ST's were lackluster. When he played for the last 5 games, the ST's were much better.

YardRat
02-28-2007, 08:43 PM
JP and Nall need someone to hand the ball off to and throw to out of the backfield who is familiar with the offense other than A-Train during the mini-camps and training camp.

chernobylwraiths
02-28-2007, 08:45 PM
Unless he was signed for 4 mil a year, who cares?

Jeez, some people will ***** about anything.

Mr. Pink
02-28-2007, 08:53 PM
League minimum is too much for a guy who is virtually invisible.

2 carries for 2 yards? And he gets a 2 year deal? Are you serious?

JJamezz
02-28-2007, 09:31 PM
Is it possible they'd keep him around just because he's close with JP?

I really have no idea if that happens in professional sports or not. I'm assuming they're tight though, the few times this year we saw JP carrying a guy around after a TD, it was Shaud.

:idunno:

X-Era
02-28-2007, 09:36 PM
League minimum is too much for a guy who is virtually invisible.

2 carries for 2 yards? And he gets a 2 year deal? Are you serious?

Then Youbouty is way overpaid, as is Andre Davis

League minimum is what you pay the people who fill your roster out. If he plays ST well, then he is a bargain at the league minimum.

If signed to the league minimum, he can be cut for NO loss. He knows our systems, why not.

Dr. Lecter
02-28-2007, 09:40 PM
And he likely does not count against the cap right now, as Clump pointed out this AM.

Carlton Bailey
02-28-2007, 09:53 PM
Chris Brown, who's OBD's official *****, couldn't even explain it.

lmao...so true. Someone finally says it. I really dislike that little worm.

TigerJ
02-28-2007, 10:29 PM
I don't get it, but if he got little or no signing bonus there's not much risk in it. Only that they might not look as hard for a better third down scatback.

G. Host
02-28-2007, 10:51 PM
I want the homers to explain this one? Why not give him one year? Chris Brown, who's OBD's official *****, couldn't even explain it.

Is sugar coating any worse than crap coating it?

They are looking to trade Willis and his Miami ass and ass of an agent.
Shaud Williams performed well two years ago.
Last year he did not play much last year with Jauron's ex-player Anthony Thomas on roster but either the Bills did not want him back, Thomas wanted to try free agent market or they are negotiating.

So the Billx signed Shaud Williams as a player who knows the system.

Is it a big deal? No.
Did they offer him a deal which prevented them from signing another player? Np.
But it WAS an opprotunity for those who are naturally inclined to whine and ***** during this period, whine and *****. Enjoy.

HHURRICANE
03-01-2007, 08:12 AM

Last year he did not play much last year with Jauron's ex-player Anthony Thomas on roster but either the Bills did not want him back, Thomas wanted to try free agent market or they are negotiating.

Is it a big deal? No.
But it WAS an opprotunity for those who are naturally inclined to whine and ***** during this period, whine and *****. Enjoy.

Why not give him a 1 year tender which is all we had to do? Where's the answer to that question?

DraftBoy
03-01-2007, 08:16 AM
lmao...so true. Someone finally says it. I really dislike that little worm.

I really cant stand that guy

Talk0fNewYork
03-01-2007, 08:18 AM
We got 30 million, does it ****ing matter who we resign, stop ****ing *****ing!

madness
03-01-2007, 08:38 AM

Is it a big deal? No.

:bf1:

G. Host
03-01-2007, 10:03 AM
Why not give him a 1 year tender which is all we had to do? Where's the answer to that question?

Because when you do not get a signing bonus and sign for multiple years it is the same thing other than you can play games with bonuses like the Eagles have done. You ought to listen to Clump's lectures more often.

HHURRICANE
03-01-2007, 10:10 AM
Because when you do not get a signing bonus and sign for multiple years it is the same thing other than you can play games with bonuses like the Eagles have done. You ought to listen to Clump's lectures more often.

I'm really trying to understand this so be patient. I'm not sure what you just wrote. There is no salary cap hit if we cut him in training camp?

G. Host
03-01-2007, 10:12 AM
None unless he gets a signing bonus other than perhaps the small amount they get paid for being in camp.