PDA

View Full Version : Adam Schefter reports that the Bills wont have to wait long to receive a day one pick

BILLSROCK1212
02-28-2007, 10:46 PM
if we receive a day one pick i see it being a second rounder but if he goes to the Giants maybe a 1st......if so this will really help us in the draft....maybe we will be able to draft a real playmaker or someone like Meachem, Bowe or Jarrett to compliment Evans

The Spaz
02-28-2007, 10:49 PM
I didn't hear it, I hope it's true though. I am watching th ecombine wrapup show on NFLN.

Devin
02-28-2007, 10:53 PM
I literally would be shocked if we got a 1st rounder. If that happens Marv is the man.

As of now im going to guess a 3rd. A 2nd would be a very pleasant surprise.

TigerJ
02-28-2007, 10:58 PM
Was it John Clayton who a couple days ago predicted no better than a 4th for McGahee? I'll vote for Schefter.

Carlton Bailey
02-28-2007, 11:08 PM
Adam Schefter is one of the brightest NFL insiders out there. He's better than anyone on ESPN's staff, so I'm very much inclined to believe AS here.

Ebenezer
02-28-2007, 11:51 PM
I'd be shocked if they got more than a 2nd for him.

Carlton Bailey
02-28-2007, 11:57 PM
I'd be shocked if they got more than a 2nd for him.

Don't be. A lot of times, teams are dumb enough to trade for potential instead of production. I'd actually be shocked if we got less than a second-rounder for McGahee.

clumping platelets
02-28-2007, 11:59 PM
I said over a month ago:

McGahee and our 4th to the NY Giants for a 1st rd pick

(i.e. Giants could move down in rd 1 and trade us the lower 1st rd pick)

Ebenezer
03-01-2007, 12:00 AM
I said over a month ago:

when you factor in sending another pick over to the G-men I could see that happening.

clumping platelets
03-01-2007, 12:16 AM
:eb: agrees with me :negrep:

The Spaz
03-01-2007, 12:18 AM
Just heard it. He did not say soon. He said the Bills are looking for a day one pick and that is all he said. Thanks for the info.:down:

Don't Panic
03-01-2007, 06:10 AM
I said over a month ago:

That's a lot to give up!

NC-BILLS44
03-01-2007, 08:03 AM
The Bills should get a 1st or 2nd, otherwise no deal and Willis will need to play his arse off for a big deal.

HHURRICANE
03-01-2007, 08:06 AM
Just heard it. He did not say soon. He said the Bills are looking for a day one pick and that is all he said. Thanks for the info.:down:

Billsrock, a response please. :popcorn:

Canadian'eh!
03-01-2007, 08:07 AM
i doubt a 1st rounder very very much.... a mid to late 2nd wouldn't surprise me. (the giants 2nd sounds about right)

Talk0fNewYork
03-01-2007, 08:07 AM
Even if we got to give up a 2nd day pick and willis for a 1st day pick, i'm all for it!

njsue
03-01-2007, 08:16 AM
if we receive a day one pick i see it being a second rounder but if he goes to the Giants maybe a 1st......if so this will really help us in the draft....maybe we will be able to draft a real playmaker or someone like Meachem, Bowe or Jarrett to compliment Evans

I smell Playoffs for the Bills!!

madness
03-01-2007, 08:42 AM
I said over a month ago:

Aren't we already without a 5th? We'd be twiddling our thumbs on day 2. I'd rather take a second or third.

gr8slayer
03-01-2007, 08:48 AM
Hate to call you out but he just said that IF the Bills can get a first day pick he will be gone pretty quick.

HHURRICANE
03-01-2007, 08:49 AM
If we get a first by giving up a 4th I'd be all over that. I highly, highly, doubt it.

I'm not sure a second rounder really helps us out? I think we would be better off drafting his replacement and letting McGahee run out his contract. Less stress on the team and gives us the best chance to win.

gr8slayer
03-01-2007, 08:51 AM
If we get a first by giving up a 4th I'd be all over that. I highly, highly, doubt it.

I'm not sure a second rounder really helps us out? I think we would be better off drafting his replacement and letting McGahee run out his contract. Less stress on the team and gives us the best chance to win.
I can't disagree with that.

bigbub2352
03-01-2007, 08:54 AM
U dont trade Willis unless it is a 2nd rounder or better, we cant create another huge whole, and hope we get lucky enough to grab a Joseph addai in the 2nd round, cause there are gonna be plenty Wheatley's and Blair Thomas's out there too, we need to shore up the Oline before we trade an actual weapon, i am all for tradin him cause it sounds like he dont care to be here, but we gotta be smart here

Willis will be more motivated than ever if we dont trade him so potentially could have our best season with him
Trade him now or let him walk he will not sign long term
but the trade has to make sense

gr8slayer
03-01-2007, 08:56 AM
We should keep him this year and then slap a franchise tag on him hehehe. That will really piss him off.

HHURRICANE
03-01-2007, 08:59 AM
We should keep him this year and then slap a franchise tag on him hehehe. That will really piss him off.

I just created a thread on this whole topic but your post makes total sense. Unless he's a liability which means he runs right when he's supposed to run left than why would you go through all of this trouble. Just to remind everyone here Travis Henry was no road scholar either.

ublinkwescore
03-01-2007, 09:33 AM

did I hear you just say that keeping McGahee gives us our best chance of winning?

:rofl:

keep a guy who only brings his A game when we play the Jets, and doesn't study his playbook and dances around in the backfield instead of hitting the hole or pile as hard as he can is really gonna help us.

I'd be happier than hell with a 2nd rounder - in fact, I think that's exactly what we'll get for him.

G. Host
03-01-2007, 10:32 AM
If Willis's contract is not extended or he his agent Rosenass will have Willis sit out ih a Galloway-like effort to get Willis traded and if not just accumulate a year more seniority. I do not know WHY people are assuming he will be motivated since he has not been motivated since competing vs Travis Henry.

HHURRICANE
03-01-2007, 10:56 AM
If Willis's contract is not extended or he his agent Rosenass will have Willis sit out ih a Galloway-like effort to get Willis traded and if not just accumulate a year more seniority. I do not know WHY people are assuming he will be motivated since he has not been motivated since competing vs Travis Henry.

You could be totally right on this. However, a guy coming off of a 990 yard season who decides to sit out is probably committing carrer suicide. I can't say for sure but I think even Rosenhaus would tell his client to play and play hard.

DynaPaul
03-01-2007, 11:33 AM
I'll say it again - I'll be happy with a 3rd round pick.

Ebenezer
03-13-2007, 05:02 AM
I'll say it again - I'll be happy with a 3rd round pick.
are you happy with 2 3rd round picks??

SABURZFAN
03-13-2007, 06:47 AM

the 7th rounder was the cherry on top. :up:

kernowboy
03-13-2007, 07:03 AM
The 3rd round in 2007 is useful. It gives us manoverability in the draft plus there is depth at certain positions and we can easily get 4 starters on Day1.

Considering that our R7s last year turned into Terrance Pennington and Aaron Merz, both of who have a bright future in the NFL, while the Saints got Marques Colston and the Broncos didn't even need to use a pick to get Mike Bell, I'm happy we got an extra pick at the end of the draft

Finally I think the extra pick in 2008 is the icing on the cake. If the Ravens flunk it becomes a high R3 pick giving us manoverability in a RB laden class.

We've got rid of an overrated cry baby whose ego is increasing at the same rate his performance is decreasing and in return, we get the possibility of two starters and a potential sleeper. Good business as far as I'm concerned.

DynaPaul
03-14-2007, 03:20 PM

Hell yeah! Plus we got the 7th round and those bozos gave him a HUGE unwarranted contract.