PDA

View Full Version : Why are people worried about getting rid of Willis?

THATHURMANATOR
03-01-2007, 08:16 AM
I could see this if he was a headache and a star player but he is a headache and a average at best RB. Sure I know he has talent and the line is partly to blame but I just don't ever see him being a back that can carry this team. Why put up with the distractions. Get a back in here that fits the offense better and call it a day.

Talk0fNewYork
03-01-2007, 08:30 AM
Exactly, we don't need a RB like that, we need a back like marshall faulk (quick, great vision, hands) like Marshawn Lynch.

Earthquake Enyart
03-01-2007, 10:39 AM
I could see this if he was a headache and a star player but he is a headache and a average at best RB. Sure I know he has talent and the line is partly to blame but I just don't ever see him being a back that can carry this team. Why put up with the distractions. Get a back in here that fits the offense better and call it a day.
Once again, the voice of reason.

I would have no problem keeping Willis this year and let him play hard for his next contract out of town, either.

THATHURMANATOR
03-01-2007, 10:44 AM
Sure That would be fine also!

RockStar36
03-01-2007, 10:46 AM
I originally had no problem with him playing out his contract but if he doesn't want to be in Buffalo then Marv might as well trade him now. I assumed he would play lights out in his contract year which would benefit the Bills but after all I've read now I'm really not sure he would. It sucks to watch one of your favorite Bills end up like this but whatever.

THATHURMANATOR
03-01-2007, 10:48 AM
Truth be told I was never a big fan of Willis. Never liked his could care less attitude.

RockStar36
03-01-2007, 10:49 AM
I was a fan before he was a Bill and that carried over.

DraftBoy
03-01-2007, 10:51 AM
If he stays and he busts his ass, I saw we transition tag him and work out a sign and trade type of a deal

mysticsoto
03-01-2007, 11:05 AM
The problem with getting rid of Willis is that we don't have a viable replacement. A-train is not even signed, and even if he was, he is not a starter. He is a great backup. That means now we have to use a draft pick to replace Willis. Get Marshawn Lynch? Yeah, that would be great. Except that it then eliminates any chance of us improving our Run D by drafting Okoye or Patrick Willis...

One of the knocks against Willis is that he plays without motivation alot of times. Well, this year, he has a HUGE personal motivation. Use it and get a good season out of him. Next year there is a glut of RBs and we are bound to get a fantastic RB anywhere in Day One!!!

Earthquake Enyart
03-01-2007, 11:33 AM
The problem with getting rid of Willis is that we don't have a viable replacement. A-train is not even signed, and even if he was, he is not a starter. He is a great backup. That means now we have to use a draft pick to replace Willis. Get Marshawn Lynch? Yeah, that would be great. Except that it then eliminates any chance of us improving our Run D by drafting Okoye or Patrick Willis...

One of the knocks against Willis is that he plays without motivation alot of times. Well, this year, he has a HUGE personal motivation. Use it and get a good season out of him. Next year there is a glut of RBs and we are bound to get a fantastic RB anywhere in Day One!!!
Exactly.

I love the argument...."Well if he doesn't want to be in Buffalo, get rid of him". You think JP WANTS to be in Buffalo? You think Lee Evans wouldn't rather play somewhere else?

Jan Reimers
03-01-2007, 11:59 AM
Exactly.

I love the argument...."Well if he doesn't want to be in Buffalo, get rid of him". You think JP WANTS to be in Buffalo? You think Lee Evans wouldn't rather play somewhere else?
You mean Buffalo is not the garden spot of America, and the Bills are not the greatest franchise in the NFL?

I'm shocked.

Saratoga Slim
03-01-2007, 12:38 PM

Since the offseason began I've been saying that it probably makes more sense to keep him and avoid creating another hole to fill, especially since as you say, he has to have a big year next year or he ain't getting any big contracts.

But I must admit I got kind of happy when the news that he's on the block hit the stands. I'm fine if he stays, but if we can get a 2nd-3rd round pick as compensation, that might be used to draft his replacement. I'm not all that high on Marshawn Lynch, and don't think he's worth the 12 pick.