• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Talk0fNewYork
    ~ I Can't Feel My Face ~
    • Jan 2007

Other Teams In WM Running

Despite coming off a down season, Willis McGahee is still garnering interest around the NFL.
    MF: Bills head coach Dick Jauron has admitted that McGahee is in fact on the trade block, and the New York Giants have expressed interest. A trade could be difficult since the value of backs isn't what it used to be on the open market, but there is a chance that some team could come to the forefront and make a viable offer. A move to New York would be detrimental to McGahee's value, since the Giants still have Brandon Jacobs and would no doubt utilize a committee with the two backs. Other teams that could have interest in McGahee are the Jets, Packers and Texans. The Browns are also in need of a running back, but it looks like Oklahoma's Adrian Peterson could be their first-round selection (No. 3 overall) in the NFL Draft (April 28-29). Should the Bills in fact deal McGahee to another team, it would leave a monstrous hole in their own backfield. Anthony Thomas is an unrestricted free agent, so the team will either have to re-sign him or add another runner in the draft to fill the void.
    The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.
  • DynaPaul
    • Sep 2003

Re: Other Teams In WM Running

A "monstrous hole"? Come on, give me a break...

Comment

• Jan Reimers
      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
      • May 2003

Originally posted by DevilPaul
      More like a pin *****.
      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Mitchy moo
        Roways rooking ahread!
        • Sep 2005

Originally posted by DevilPaul
        I'm glad the press is saying this, that way we might get a round 1 pick out of this slug. It's where we took him ourselves, oops.

Comment

• gr8slayer
          • Feb 2005

They can have him assuming we draft Lynch or his replacement can be found in FA.

Comment

• Jeff1220
            H to the 12:20
            • Jul 2002

I really think any decent rookie will be able to put up 990 yards, or whatever it was WM accomplished last year. Over the years, it seems RB is the one position that, more often than not, a talented rookie can come in and make an impact right away.

Comment

• gr8slayer
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Jeff1220
              I really think any decent rookie will be able to put up 990 yards, or whatever it was WM accomplished last year. Over the years, it seems RB is the one position that, more often than not, a talented rookie can come in and make an impact right away.
              Good point. It really isn't hard to put up 1,000 yards in a season anymore with all the games.

Comment

• RockStar36
                Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                • Sep 2004

1000 yards used to be the benchmark for a RB. Now I think its about 1300 or 1400.

D & S Sports

Comment

• madness
                  • Apr 2003

Crap, at least a rookie will have the desire to learn the damn play book.

Comment

• Michael82
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by madness
                    Crap, at least a rookie will have the desire to learn the damn play book.
                    Good point!

Comment

Working...
                    X