A 2nd rounder for McGahee isn't a good move.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

A 2nd rounder for McGahee isn't a good move.

I'm not a Willis fan but we are trying to get into the playoffs in 2007, right?

Why wouldn't you just draft his replacement while letting him run out his contract? He's going to run hard if he stays healthy. Is a second rounder going to get us over the hump? Plus if we bring in a veteran they are probably going to cost more than Willis.

Unless we work a deal that gets us back into the first round I'm not feeling good about this at all.
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

Re: A 2nd rounder for McGahee isn't a good move.

We can trade that 2nd round pick and maybe move back into the 1st round.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by The Spaz
      We can trade that 2nd round pick and maybe move back into the 1st round.
      We are picking at 12 and 44. Both pretty good spots. What else are we giving up with the hypothetical second to get back into the first? Because if we are going back in to get another John McCargo than I'll just keep Willis.

Comment

• Philagape
        WIN NOW
        • Jul 2002

IF we improve the o-line, I'm not worried. We can plug in a rookie and/or a mid-level vet and be just fine. A team that lost their star RB won the Super Bowl this year. RB is the most replaceable position.
        Is there anyone here who believes we'll sign Willis long-term? I'd love to get a second-rounder for him while we still can.
        "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
        2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• The Spaz
          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
          We are picking at 12 and 44. Both pretty good spots. What else are we giving up with the hypothetical second to get back into the first? Because if we are going back in to get another John McCargo than I'll just keep Willis.

McCargo got hurt you can't blame the staff or him for that.

Comment

• alohabillsfan
            • Sep 2003

Gee, when we let him walk next year and get nothing in return then Marv will be crucified on this board, we can't have it both ways!

Comment

• HHURRICANE
              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by The Spaz
              McCargo got hurt you can't blame the staff or him for that.
              Getting hurt wasn't the problem. Drafting a first rounder to play behind our new expensive free agent was.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                • Feb 2005

Because if we are going back in to get another John McCargo than I'll just keep Willis.
                That is really a stupid comment. The guy was a rookie and hurt. You don't get to decide when you get hurt. So we gave Losman four years but were only giving McCargo four games? Wow.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                  • Feb 2005

Getting hurt wasn't the problem. Drafting a first rounder to play behind our new expensive free agent was.
                  The C2 is all about DL rotation.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Philagape
                    IF we improve the o-line, I'm not worried. We can plug in a rookie and/or a mid-level vet and be just fine. A team that lost their star RB won the Super Bowl this year. RB is the most replaceable position.
                    Is there anyone here who believes we'll sign Willis long-term? I'd love to get a second-rounder for him while we still can.
                    Well unless we are bringing in Steincah and Dielman that's a big stretch. Our OL is still one of the worst in the league so plugging in a "rookie or mid level vet" and being "just fine" seems like a super strtch to me.

"IF" in your opening statement is a giant "IF".

Comment

• Philagape
                      WIN NOW
                      • Jul 2002

That's why I capitalized it
                      "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                      2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by gr8slayer
                        That is really a stupid comment. The guy was a rookie and hurt. You don't get to decide when you get hurt. So we gave Losman four years but were only giving McCargo four games? Wow.
                        I assume you posted this before you read my response. I would never judge a move based on someone getting hurt. I'll say it again. I've been very happy with Marv but the rotation argumnet is BS. Considering the massive holes everywhere drafting Tripplett's backup was stupid.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                          • Feb 2005

I assume you posted this before you read my response. I would never judge a move based on someone getting hurt. I'll say it again. I've been very happy with Marv but the rotation argumnet is BS. Considering the massive holes everywhere drafting Tripplett's backup was stupid.
                          Go look at every C2 team in the league, the all rotate their DL.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by alohabillsfan
                            Gee, when we let him walk next year and get nothing in return then Marv will be crucified on this board, we can't have it both ways!
                            Marv already knows how to let players walk without getting anything in return. That player is getting paid tommorrow. If McGahee is still worth something after this season maybe Marv can figure out how to use the franchise tag correctly.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                              Sab and TD are insignificant
                              • Sep 2002

I'm not a Willis fan but we are trying to get into the playoffs in 2007, right?

Why wouldn't you just draft his replacement while letting him run out his contract? He's going to run hard if he stays healthy. Is a second rounder going to get us over the hump? Plus if we bring in a veteran they are probably going to cost more than Willis.

Unless we work a deal that gets us back into the first round I'm not feeling good about this at all.
                              Running back isn't really a position that needs to be groomed, and Fairchild will work wonders with what ever RB we bring in - much like he did with Travis Henry.

That second rounder could help us move up and take another first rounder, or it could let us trade down and gain an additional pick in like say the 3rd - wasn't Ko a 3rd?
                              www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

Working...
                              X