• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jeff1220
    H to the 12:20
    • Jul 2002

Other fans' perception of Wilis

I can really only speak for Ravens fans, but since JL was cut, I've been throwing out the "Hey, you guys can have McGahee for a 2nd rounder" thing.
    Surprisingly enough to me, most of them practically drool at the thought of Willis on the Ravens for a 2nd. Ozzie Newsome is a pretty sharp guy, but hopefully fan perception can sway him a bit.
    On the other hand, I mentioned the trade to a Giants fan, and he was praying for BigBlue to avoid Willis at all costs (literally saying, "Dear God, please don't let the Giants trade for McGahee!")

I know he's one of the few (sometimes only) Bills with a jersey in the stores anywhere outside of WNY, but why is there such a huge discrepency in perception?
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: Other fans' perception of Wilis

talent vs. attitude. Some people usually care more about one or the other.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• RockStar36
      Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
      • Sep 2004

Willis would fit in with the Ravens. I have a gut feeling that if he went to Baltimore, got an extension, he would tear it up. Just a feeling.

D & S Sports

Comment

• Italian Stallion
        Knows More Than You
        • Feb 2004

Originally posted by RockStar36
        Willis would fit in with the Ravens. I have a gut feeling that if he went to Baltimore, got an extension, he would tear it up. Just a feeling.

I agree with this but look at it this way. Baltimore doesn't have many holes after being a playoff team last year, so they, more so than the Giants can afford to give up a 2nd rounder to fill the void left by Lewis. Plus McGahee will most likely be a cheaper option on the cap this year for thr Ravens than Jamal

I think he might end up here....Billick seems to be able to handle the attitudes of Ray Lewis, Ed Reed and Chris McAllister so I'm assuming he wouldn't be scared off by Willis.
        BILLS FOOTBALL

SABRES HOCKEY

METS BASEBALL

I like cheeseburgers and eva mendes

Comment

• DynaPaul
          • Sep 2003

Giants fans usually see some Bills games on TV and already know he's a dud. They've seen what he can do. Plus they just got over the Tiki Barber headache so I'm sure they don't need another RB who's going to be a pain.

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
            • May 2003

In a mock draft I am in I offered a 2nd and a 5th for Willis to a Giants fan. He said no way. I then said how about just a 2nd, he said no way. I then offered for a 3rd and a 5th, again, no way. I asked are you interested at all? He said no.

That is from a Giant fan.

Comment

• RockStar36
              Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
              • Sep 2004

Fans aren't the GM though.

D & S Sports

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                • May 2003

Those that think Willis is great just haven't seen him every week.
                Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Michael82
                  • Jul 2002

I talked to a Giants fan the other day and he said that he doesn't want McGahee on his team. He'd rather stick with Brandon Jacobs. On the other hand, the Jets fan at my work is drooling over Willis and said he would give a 1st rounder to the Bills for him.

Comment

Working...
                  X