Andre Davis, Sam Aiken, George Wilson...which ones would you keep?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mysticsoto
    Too sober for this...
    • Apr 2004

Andre Davis, Sam Aiken, George Wilson...which ones would you keep?

Originally posted by Mikey82
    It appears that Marv is continuing to make Special Teams a priority and I for one am thrilled. All three signings were for the special teams unit. Greer, Williams and even Hargrove are all very solid special teams players and I'm sure that Bobby April pleaded to Marv to re-sign them. Don't forget that Coy Wire was re-signed long term too. Don't be surprised to see Andre Davis re-signed next.
    I hope not...unless they are going to dump Aiken. One of them needs to go to make space for Wilson. We need a good WR to develop and he's our likely candidate. He needs to be on the roster this year!!!
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Re: Bills re-sign Greer to Multi Year deal

Originally posted by mysticsoto
    I hope not...unless they are going to dump Aiken. One of them needs to go to make space for Wilson. We need a good WR to develop and he's our likely candidate. He needs to be on the roster this year!!!
    Unless Wilson can learn how to play special teams like Aiken and Davis do, I see him not even making the team. I don't get everyone's love for him. He's okay, but I haven't been that impressed when I see him at camp and whatever.

Comment

• mysticsoto
      Too sober for this...
      • Apr 2004

Unless Wilson can learn how to play special teams like Aiken and Davis do, I see him not even making the team. I don't get everyone's love for him. He's okay, but I haven't been that impressed when I see him at camp and whatever.
      He catches everything that comes his way? That's alot more than Price, Parrish or Reed do!!!

Sooner or later, you gotta start using him and if Price can't use his speed anymore or can't see due to his eye problem, Wilson should move in to take his place!

Comment

• Michael82
        • Jul 2002

He catches everything that comes his way? That's alot more than Price, Parrish or Reed do!!!

Sooner or later, you gotta start using him and if Price can't use his speed anymore or can't see due to his eye problem, Wilson should move in to take his place!
        He dropped a lot of balls too. I don't know why you and justasportsfan have such a crush on him. Yeah, he did look good at camp off and on, but again he couldn't get past the other guys on the depth chart. There's a reason for that usually. I wouldn't mind if Wilson took over as the number 4 or whatever, but the key is that you gotta be good in special teams for that role. Is he? We won't know until we see. I'm going to say now, if he was....wouldn't he have bumped out Aiken or even Davis?

Comment

• mysticsoto
          Too sober for this...
          • Apr 2004

He dropped a lot of balls too. I don't know why you and justasportsfan have such a crush on him. Yeah, he did look good at camp off and on, but again he couldn't get past the other guys on the depth chart. There's a reason for that usually. I wouldn't mind if Wilson took over as the number 4 or whatever, but the key is that you gotta be good in special teams for that role. Is he? We won't know until we see. I'm going to say now, if he was....wouldn't he have bumped out Aiken or even Davis?
          He's never been giving a chance outside of TC. Look at Price...what did he do last year? What about Reed and Parrish? They all need to turn it up and they haven't. Parrish atleast contributes on punt returns but the other two don't do anything else. Reed is too sporadic. Has 1 or 2 good games and disappears. Price was a non-entity toward the end of last season and appears to be on his way down.

All signs point to us needing new blood. As for STs, Aiken didn't do much for us last year - I know he was hurt, but still. I would be for dumping Aiken and keeping Davis - that would allow us a WR on the roster that can actually catch and play the part if needed.

Comment

• Michael82
            • Jul 2002

He's never been giving a chance outside of TC. Look at Price...what did he do last year? What about Reed and Parrish? They all need to turn it up and they haven't. Parrish atleast contributes on punt returns but the other two don't do anything else. Reed is too sporadic. Has 1 or 2 good games and disappears. Price was a non-entity toward the end of last season and appears to be on his way down.

All signs point to us needing new blood. As for STs, Aiken didn't do much for us last year - I know he was hurt, but still. I would be for dumping Aiken and keeping Davis - that would allow us a WR on the roster that can actually catch and play the part if needed.
            He's been given a chance. All players are given a chance to show something in training camp or practice. If they do better in practice than another player, they sometimes move up the depth chart. Look at what Terrence Pennington got for working hard. Or Jim Leonhard.

I like Josh Reed. I thought he did a solid job last year and is a pretty good slot receiver. I like his RAC ability and loved the way he dragged the defenders into the end zone against the Dolphins at the Ralph. I also think he does what they ask of him. Peerless Price on the other hand is a different story. I think he'd nowhere close to the same receiver he used to be and is very flukey. I don't like him as the number 2. He's not a good WR to help free up Lee Evans that often. but he does make an occasional sweet catch or whatever.

As for Wilson, I hope they give him more reps in camp and preseason so we can see what we got. I'm curious. But again, its up to him to show his talent and move up the depth chart. And until he can play special teams like Davis and/or Aiken, I wouldn't move him ahead of them.

Comment

• Billsrock4life
              • Nov 2005

Re: Andre Davis, Sam Aiken, George Wilson...which ones would you keep?

cut aiken and re sign davis and wilson

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                Peterman Sucks!
                • Mar 2006

D. none of the above

Comment

• gr8slayer
                  • Feb 2005

Aiken and Davis. Wilson is useless.

Comment

• Michael82
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by gr8slayer
                    Aiken and Davis. Wilson is useless.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Jul 2002

Put their names in a hat. They all blow.

Comment

• Talk0fNewYork
                        ~ I Can't Feel My Face ~
                        • Jan 2007

Davis and Aiken, Wilson aint ****! We have plenty of other recievers that can do what he does. Unless he can make the plays the other two do on ST then get the **** out!

Comment

• Talk0fNewYork
                          ~ I Can't Feel My Face ~
                          • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
                          Aiken has been a solid tackler the last 3 years, Davis is one of the best gunners in the league and now that he can be across from Greer, he's staying!

Comment

• The Answer
                            The Plagiarist
                            • Mar 2007

They are all scrubs and would be nothing more than camp fodder on another NFL roster - Therefore The Answer would keep none of them.

~The Answer

Comment

• Night Train
                              Retired - On Several Levels
                              • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
                              I have to agree.

Our team needs frontline starters. Not 24 ST aces.

We have waaaaaaaay too many of these ST types who can't play their assigned position of depth worth a damn.
                              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

Working...
                              X