• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Answer
    The Plagiarist
    • Mar 2007

Assuming we cut Holcomb

Than who would you like to see signed as a back-up?

The Answer is concerned that if Losman goes down for a few games or more we would be in serious trouble.

The Answer is not sold on 'Nall Ball' either - we need a proven veteran and this years market is slim pickings.

My first thought - Jeff Garcia? He's getting no love from Philly despite taking them from 5-5 to a division title and playoff win.

~The Answer
  • gr8slayer
    • Feb 2005

Re: Assuming we cut Holcomb

Garcia will likely get more money than we will be willing to give for a backup QB.

Comment

• Carlton Bailey

Garcia is going to sign a good-sized contract to become someone's starter. There's zero chance of him coming here. We're fine w/ Nall and a draft pick behind Losman.

Comment

• RockStar36
        Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
        • Sep 2004

Garcia wants to start. And if Losman went down this past season the Bills wouldn't have exactly been in good shape with Holcomb coming in so I'm not to worried about having Nall backing up this upcoming season.

D & S Sports

Comment

• Michael82
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by RockStar36
          Garcia wants to start. And if Losman went down this past season the Bills wouldn't have exactly been in good shape with Holcomb coming in so I'm not to worried about having Nall backing up this upcoming season.
          Exactly! Good post.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
            Defies all logic
            • Oct 2006

Honestly, out of all the holes on this team we can fill: Why are we talking about who our backup QB is going to be? For the hell of it, though. Why would Garcia come to Buffalo? I believe Garcia said he wants to play for a team that is in contention to win the SB and not to diss on my home team but Buffalo isn't exactly in the greatest position to goto the playoffs, let alone the SB.

Comment

• Night Train
              Retired - On Several Levels
              • Jul 2005

Our 3rd stringer will be some old backup or a day 2 ( 6th-7th round ) pick.

Cut Holcomb ? Then how could we attract Moulds to come here ? ( sarcasm)
              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• The Answer
                The Plagiarist
                • Mar 2007

The Answer disagrees - Holcomb is a rock solid veteran, and is capable of getting down and dirty in leading a downfield passing attack.

~The Answer

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                  Defies all logic
                  • Oct 2006

Actually, Garcia said he would rather be backup on a good team so if he the opportunity presents itself he can go out on the field and win. I don't believe for one moment that Garcia will pull a Kitna and play for a garbage team just so he can start, he already did it for how many years with the 49ers? Why put himself through that again?

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                    Defies all logic
                    • Oct 2006

Cutting Holcomb is a ******ed move, imo. I actually like the guy and I feel like Losman has learned how to use his checks more efficiently because of him.

Comment

• The Answer
                      The Plagiarist
                      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by BuffaloFever
                      Cutting Holcomb is a ******ed move, imo. I actually like the guy and I feel like Losman has learned how to use his checks more efficiently because of him.
                      The Answer most certainly agrees with this.

Holcomb is a wily veteran - dude learned a lot behind Peyton Manning during his days in Indy, just has never got a fair shake since.

~The Answer

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                        Defies all logic
                        • Oct 2006

Originally posted by The Answer
                        The Answer most certainly agrees with this.

Holcomb is a wily veteran - dude learned a lot behind Peyton Manning during his days in Indy, just has never got a fair shake since.

~The Answer
                        The Answer is a wise man.

Comment

• RockStar36
                          Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by BuffaloFever
                          Actually, Garcia said he would rather be backup on a good team so if he the opportunity presents itself he can go out on the field and win. I don't believe for one moment that Garcia will pull a Kitna and play for a garbage team just so he can start, he already did it for how many years with the 49ers? Why put himself through that again?
                          So, you think he will want to be in Buffalo? Not that I don't think they have potential for this upcoming season, but they haven't been to the playoffs in almost a decade. That isn't exactly enticing to upcoming free agents.

D & S Sports

Comment

• M
                            • Aug 2006

Just a question (a bit off topic though). Why does "The Answer" talk about himself/herself in the 3rd person???
                            Let's Go Bills ... B B B B B B Bills!

Comment

• gr8slayer
                              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by CTBills97
                              Just a question (a bit off topic though). Why does "The Answer" talk about himself/herself in the 3rd person???
                              Because he's fruity.

Comment

Working...
                              X