PDA

View Full Version : Assuming we cut Holcomb

The Answer
03-01-2007, 02:37 PM
Than who would you like to see signed as a back-up?

The Answer is concerned that if Losman goes down for a few games or more we would be in serious trouble.

The Answer is not sold on 'Nall Ball' either - we need a proven veteran and this years market is slim pickings.

My first thought - Jeff Garcia? He's getting no love from Philly despite taking them from 5-5 to a division title and playoff win.

~The Answer

gr8slayer
03-01-2007, 02:38 PM
Garcia will likely get more money than we will be willing to give for a backup QB.

Carlton Bailey
03-01-2007, 02:39 PM
Garcia is going to sign a good-sized contract to become someone's starter. There's zero chance of him coming here. We're fine w/ Nall and a draft pick behind Losman.

RockStar36
03-01-2007, 02:39 PM
Garcia wants to start. And if Losman went down this past season the Bills wouldn't have exactly been in good shape with Holcomb coming in so I'm not to worried about having Nall backing up this upcoming season.

Michael82
03-01-2007, 02:42 PM
Garcia wants to start. And if Losman went down this past season the Bills wouldn't have exactly been in good shape with Holcomb coming in so I'm not to worried about having Nall backing up this upcoming season.
Exactly! Good post. :up:

PECKERWOOD
03-01-2007, 02:43 PM
Honestly, out of all the holes on this team we can fill: Why are we talking about who our backup QB is going to be? For the hell of it, though. Why would Garcia come to Buffalo? I believe Garcia said he wants to play for a team that is in contention to win the SB and not to diss on my home team but Buffalo isn't exactly in the greatest position to goto the playoffs, let alone the SB.

Night Train
03-01-2007, 02:44 PM
Our 3rd stringer will be some old backup or a day 2 ( 6th-7th round ) pick.

Cut Holcomb ? Then how could we attract Moulds to come here ? ( sarcasm)

The Answer
03-01-2007, 02:46 PM

The Answer disagrees - Holcomb is a rock solid veteran, and is capable of getting down and dirty in leading a downfield passing attack.

~The Answer

PECKERWOOD
03-01-2007, 02:46 PM

Actually, Garcia said he would rather be backup on a good team so if he the opportunity presents itself he can go out on the field and win. I don't believe for one moment that Garcia will pull a Kitna and play for a garbage team just so he can start, he already did it for how many years with the 49ers? Why put himself through that again?

PECKERWOOD
03-01-2007, 02:48 PM
Cutting Holcomb is a ******ed move, imo. I actually like the guy and I feel like Losman has learned how to use his checks more efficiently because of him.

The Answer
03-01-2007, 02:53 PM
Cutting Holcomb is a ******ed move, imo. I actually like the guy and I feel like Losman has learned how to use his checks more efficiently because of him.

The Answer most certainly agrees with this.

Holcomb is a wily veteran - dude learned a lot behind Peyton Manning during his days in Indy, just has never got a fair shake since.

~The Answer

PECKERWOOD
03-01-2007, 02:54 PM
The Answer most certainly agrees with this.

Holcomb is a wily veteran - dude learned a lot behind Peyton Manning during his days in Indy, just has never got a fair shake since.

~The Answer

The Answer is a wise man. ;)

RockStar36
03-01-2007, 02:57 PM
Actually, Garcia said he would rather be backup on a good team so if he the opportunity presents itself he can go out on the field and win. I don't believe for one moment that Garcia will pull a Kitna and play for a garbage team just so he can start, he already did it for how many years with the 49ers? Why put himself through that again?

So, you think he will want to be in Buffalo? Not that I don't think they have potential for this upcoming season, but they haven't been to the playoffs in almost a decade. That isn't exactly enticing to upcoming free agents.

M
03-01-2007, 02:58 PM
Just a question (a bit off topic though). Why does "The Answer" talk about himself/herself in the 3rd person???

gr8slayer
03-01-2007, 03:00 PM
Just a question (a bit off topic though). Why does "The Answer" talk about himself/herself in the 3rd person???
Because he's fruity.

Dr. Lecter
03-01-2007, 03:05 PM
The Answer disagrees - Holcomb is a rock solid veteran, and is capable of getting down and dirty in leading a downfield passing attack.

~The Answer

Dr. Lecter thinks The Answer is ignoring the fact that Kelly does not have great arm strength and that is important at Ralph Wilson Stadium.

Dr.Lecter also thinks Holcomb staying or going is not significant. If he leaves, Lecter thinks a late round pick might used on a QB.

patmoran2006
03-01-2007, 03:06 PM
Nall is the #2 if we sign or draft anybody its going to be for a #3 spot.

The Answer
03-01-2007, 03:14 PM
Dr. Lecter thinks The Answer is ignoring the fact that Kelly does not have great arm strength and that is important at Ralph Wilson Stadium.

Dr.Lecter also thinks Holcomb staying or going is not significant. If he leaves, Lecter thinks a late round pick might used on a QB.

Holcomb is a gamer - Dr. Lector obviously doesn't realize this but The Answer is well aware of it.

You really want to take your chances with Nall Ball or a 7th round rookie QB backing up Losman?

Who else is out there better than Holcomb? Brad Johnson? Vinnie Testerverde????

~The Answer

RockStar36
03-01-2007, 03:16 PM
Holcomb is a gamer - Dr. Lector obviously doesn't realize this but The Answer is well aware of it.

You really want to take your chances with Nall Ball or a 7th round rookie QB backing up Losman?

~The Answer

Brad Johnson? Absolutely. He is better than Holcomb. Regardless, Nall will be a suitable backup for Losman. I don't know why we are discussing this, let alone discussing it in the third person. Losman isn't a china doll QB where backup is a huge concern.

The Answer
03-01-2007, 03:19 PM
Brad Johnson? Absolutely. He is better than Holcomb. Regardless, Nall will be a suitable backup for Losman. I don't know why we are discussing this, let alone discussing it in the third person. Losman isn't a china doll QB where backup is a huge concern.

Please allow The Answer to remind you of the 2004 and 2005 seasons - Losman spent a lot of time on the bench due to injury.

~The Answer

RockStar36
03-01-2007, 03:19 PM
He was the backup anyways.

This past NFL season, how many other QB's took every single snap for their respected team?

Gunzlingr
03-01-2007, 03:23 PM
The Answer needs to quit referring to himself in the third person.

RockStar36
03-01-2007, 03:24 PM
RockStar36 agrees completely with Gunzlingr.

The Answer
03-01-2007, 03:26 PM
He was the backup anyways.

This past NFL season, how many other QB's took every single snap for their respected team?

A plethera of backups saw action this past season, either due to injury or the starter sucking:

KC - Huard
Miami - Harrington
Oakland - Walter
Denver - Cutler
Dallas - Romo
Seattle - Wallace
Baltimore - Boller
Washington - Campbell
Carolina - Weinke
Tampa Bay - Grodowski
Tennessee - Vince Young
Jax - Garrad

I may have missed a few others but the bottom line is that we need a quality back up, and Nall Ball is not THE ANSWER!

~The Answer

Michael82
03-01-2007, 03:31 PM

~The Answer
:lmao:

RockStar36
03-01-2007, 03:32 PM
A plethera of backups saw action this past season, either due to injury or the starter sucking:

KC - Huard
Miami - Harrington
Oakland - Walter
Denver - Cutler
Dallas - Romo
Seattle - Wallace
Baltimore - Boller
Washington - Campbell
Carolina - Weinke
Tampa Bay - Grodowski
Tennessee - Vince Young
Jax - Garrad

I may have missed a few others but the bottom line is that we need a quality back up, and Nall Ball is not THE ANSWER!

~The Answer

You didn't answer my question. Nice side step though.

I asked, how many other QB's took every single snap for their team?

The Answer
03-01-2007, 03:38 PM
You didn't answer my question. Nice side step though.

I asked, how many other QB's took every single snap for their team?

The Answer did just that - Losman might not last a whole season running around behind our atrocious o-line, therefore we need a veteran gunslinger capable of carrying the load - and he's already on our roster but the brass will cut him to avert a QB controversy ala Rob Johnson/Doug Flutie.

~The Answer

RockStar36
03-01-2007, 03:39 PM
The Answer did just that - Losman might not last a whole season running around behind our atrocious o-line, therefore we need a veteran gunslinger capable of carrying the load - and he's already on our roster but the brass will cut him to avert a QB controversy ala Rob Johnson/Doug Flutie.

~The Answer

HE ALREADY DID

TigerJ
03-01-2007, 05:45 PM
I'm comfortable with Nall as my #2 QB. I think Holcomb hit the career wall last summer and has little to contribute to the team at this point. I would be happy with a young prospect as my 3rd QB.

Moreover, I addressed this very question in starting a thread yesterday.

Dr. Lecter
03-01-2007, 05:45 PM

~The Answer

Dr. Lecter thinks that anybody who beleives that Holcomb will cause a QB controversy with Losman is a bit kooky.

GarnOFreak
03-01-2007, 06:25 PM

~The Answer

Garcia will have the same problem that Holcomb has...short passes most of the time. We are not a west-coast offense, and that's what he does good in. Garcia would be better served going to someone like Miami, Tampa or K.C. where they've got most of the pieces already in place for a run.

GarnOFreak
03-01-2007, 06:28 PM
I was looking at the subtitle for this thread going, "I thought Slim pickens was dead....."