PDA

View Full Version : Bills Likely to Choose Free Agent Quality Over Quantity

Michael82
03-01-2007, 03:04 PM
In need of finding several experienced parts to fit their new offensive and defensive schemes, Buffalo signed nine notable free agents, four of which became starters on offense or defense in 2006.

This offseason the Bills figure to focus more on free agent quality than quantity with fewer holes to fill.

"It isn't likely we'll bring in that many," said Marv Levy in reference to the team's free agent signings last spring. "I think we can be more specific. Our staff that was here didn't know the current players on the team as well as they know them now. It's not very likely that we'll have as many signings. Maybe we get four guys."

With less than a handful of new signings expected, it stands to reason that Buffalo will be able to compete for some of the top talent on the market at one or two key positions. What positions Buffalo has chosen to address in free agency however, remains to be seen.

Levy has already gone on record saying the offensive line is in need of an upgrade and doesn't seem as though he'd be inclined to fortify it with more draft picks after taking three offensive linemen on day two of the 2006 draft.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=4640

patmoran2006
03-01-2007, 03:07 PM
God I hope so..
would be the TOTAL OPPOSITE of last year.

The Answer
03-01-2007, 03:07 PM
In need of finding several experienced parts to fit their new offensive and defensive schemes, Buffalo signed nine notable free agents, four of which became starters on offense or defense in 2006.

This offseason the Bills figure to focus more on free agent quality than quantity with fewer holes to fill.

"It isn't likely we'll bring in that many," said Marv Levy in reference to the team's free agent signings last spring. "I think we can be more specific. Our staff that was here didn't know the current players on the team as well as they know them now. It's not very likely that we'll have as many signings. Maybe we get four guys."

With less than a handful of new signings expected, it stands to reason that Buffalo will be able to compete for some of the top talent on the market at one or two key positions. What positions Buffalo has chosen to address in free agency however, remains to be seen.

Levy has already gone on record saying the offensive line is in need of an upgrade and doesn't seem as though he'd be inclined to fortify it with more draft picks after taking three offensive linemen on day two of the 2006 draft.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=4640

Translating Levy's statement: We will be signing a few Bennie Anderson caliber scrubs nobody else wants

Typical - And The Answer is not surprised at all by this tired rhetoric and propaganda.

~The Answer

Dr. Lecter
03-01-2007, 03:08 PM
That is what I have been saying.

3-4 more top level guys instead of several low level guys.

patmoran2006
Guard.. Corner.. Linebacker..
Not sure who, but you sign three good starters at these spots, and then pick up some good talent in the draft..

and that is a very successful offseason.. To me

Carlton Bailey
Look up the term "spin" in the dictionary, and there's probably a picture of Chris Brown next to it.

Dr. Lecter
Translating Levy's statement: We will be signing a few Bennie Anderson caliber scrubs nobody else wants

Typical - And The Answer is not surprised at all by this tired rhetoric and propaganda.

~The Answer

That is not what was said. Dr.Lecter thinks The Answer did not listen to what Marv said.

gr8slayer
03-01-2007, 03:09 PM
Sounds awesome to me but again. Whatever Marv does, I have faith untill he screws up.

Dr. Lecter
03-01-2007, 03:09 PM
God I hope so..
would be the TOTAL OPPOSITE of last year.

That was what I got out the presser a few months ago.

patmoran2006
03-01-2007, 03:10 PM
That was what I got out the presser a few months ago.
I'd rather have Dielman or Dockery over any 5 scrubs we'll sign otherwise.

Typ0
03-01-2007, 03:12 PM
let Nate hit the open market and then buy him at the highest bid. I'd like to see Nate Signed and Fletcher let go. This is possible and if we are in the running for some top guys it should start with Nate Clements unless he has expressed he doesn't want to be here.

The Answer
03-01-2007, 03:16 PM
That is not what was said. Dr.Lecter thinks The Answer did not listen to what Marv said.

The Answer most certainly has listened to what Levy has said during his reign with keen interest - however he is a bit transparent and not as good a politician as his predessor Tom Donablow was.

~The Answer

Michael82
03-01-2007, 03:21 PM
let Nate hit the open market and then buy him at the highest bid. I'd like to see Nate Signed and Fletcher let go. This is possible and if we are in the running for some top guys it should start with Nate Clements unless he has expressed he doesn't want to be here.
you realize it is going to take at least a $20 million signing bonus and about $9-$10 million per year. He's NOT worth that! No way is he Champ Bailey.

Dr. Lecter
03-01-2007, 03:24 PM
The Answer most certainly has listened to what Levy has said during his reign with keen interest - however he is a bit transparent and not as good a politician as his predessor Tom Donablow was.

~The Answer

Good.

Politicians tend to be full of ****.

THATHURMANATOR
03-01-2007, 03:26 PM

~The Answer
What a gay post.

~The Question

Gunzlingr
03-01-2007, 03:28 PM
The Answer needs to cut the 3rd person bull****.

GarnOFreak
03-01-2007, 06:17 PM

GarnOFreak concurs with what Dr.Lecter said about The Answer's comments and would think that The Answer would in the future do a little more research and less 3rd person soap-boxing

YardRat
03-01-2007, 06:25 PM
It's a process, people. The team that went to four consecutive Super Bowls wasn't built in a day.

Bill Polian once said he hated Plan B, and wouldn't participate in the process, but that didn't stop him from signing Kenneth Davis from Green Bay or literally running down the hallway in excitement to snag Steve Christie from Tampa.

Buffalo wasn't a major player in trades, generally speaking, but it didn't stop them from pulling the trigger on Biscuit.

It's all going to come together someday, somehow, and we've got a better shot with Levy in the organization than anybody else.

BillsFever21
03-02-2007, 02:11 AM
you realize it is going to take at least a $20 million signing bonus and about $9-$10 million per year. He's NOT worth that! No way is he Champ Bailey.

So a Top 10 or so CB in the leauge isn't worth a 20 million dollar bonus but a Top 40 DE who plays in a rotation with 12 career sacks is worth a 14 million dollar bonus? Gotcha.

Sure he's not Champ Bailey but is Chris Kelsay Aaron Schobel? Kelsay got more money then him.

I think Clements is a lot closer to Bailey then Kelsay is to Schobel.

Just another theory of Bills homers. If the Bills wanna sign the player they are great and "up and coming" no matter how bad or average they have been for 5 years. If the Bills don't wanna sign the player then they suck and are just overrated.

patmoran2006
03-02-2007, 06:32 AM
Qualitity over quantity, huh..

Great start with Jason Whittle..
LMAO

Dr. Lecter
03-02-2007, 07:18 AM
So a Top 10 or so CB in the leauge isn't worth a 20 million dollar bonus but a Top 40 DE who plays in a rotation with 12 career sacks is worth a 14 million dollar bonus? Gotcha.

No he is not, but it was NOT a $14 million bonus either.