PDA

View Full Version : This proves how desparate for depth the Sabres are...

BlackMetalNinja
03-01-2007, 04:33 PM
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a85/scottlunn/100_2070.jpg

They called me up, and Adam Mair even was gracious enough to give me his number!

:bravo::liar:

BlackMetalNinja
03-01-2007, 04:34 PM
They also reconized my leadership abilities right away too...

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a85/scottlunn/100_2071.jpg

chernobylwraiths
03-01-2007, 04:46 PM
Dude, tell me you didn't put your own name on the back of a jersey.

That breaks every man law known to... well man!

BlackMetalNinja
03-01-2007, 05:12 PM
Dude, tell me you didn't put your own name on the back of a jersey.

That breaks every man law known to... well man!

It was a birthday present from my dad, but yes, I did. I'm sick of having every jersey I own be no good after a year or two because the player leaves the team. I don't have to worry about it this way.

chernobylwraiths
03-01-2007, 05:16 PM
It was a birthday present from my dad, but yes, I did. I'm sick of having every jersey I own be no good after a year or two because the player leaves the team. I don't have to worry about it this way.

Well, then don't put ANY name on the back.

I think I will have to start a poll. :D

Dr. Lecter
03-01-2007, 05:43 PM
Get a classic player.

Perreault, Martin, Scheonfeld, Horton, etc. NEVER go out of style.

Philagape
03-01-2007, 05:45 PM
LaFontaine!

Typ0
03-01-2007, 06:10 PM
I think it looks good.

TheGhostofJimKelly
03-01-2007, 07:23 PM
Yeah, your own name is wrong unless you are like 12.

Nighthawk
03-01-2007, 07:46 PM

You NEVER should put your own name on the back of a professional sports team jersey unless you play for that team. Uggh!

Michael82
03-01-2007, 08:44 PM
You NEVER should put your own name on the back of a professional sports team jersey unless you play for that team. Uggh!
Or if your name happens to be the same name as a former great a future hall of famer, like Thurman Thomas. :up:

Meathead
03-01-2007, 08:56 PM
sorry but i disagree

having your own name on the jersey is entirely acceptable. ive done it and am completely comfortable with it, although i prefer to just leave it blank

in fact i find people who wear current player jerseys rather sheepish in a desperate sort of way. not that i put that much thought into it but i wouldnt do it - except maybe a classic throwback or something which to me shows respect for a legacy instead of hero worship

Ebenezer
03-01-2007, 09:06 PM
Get a classic player.

Perreault, Martin, Scheonfeld, Horton, etc. NEVER go out of style.
but a classic player MUST be on a classic uniform.

chernobylwraiths
03-01-2007, 09:10 PM
sorry but i disagree

having your own name on the jersey is entirely acceptable. ive done it and am completely comfortable with it, although i prefer to just leave it blank

in fact i find people who wear current player jerseys rather sheepish in a desperate sort of way. not that i put that much thought into it but i wouldnt do it - except maybe a classic throwback or something which to me shows respect for a legacy instead of hero worship

freak!

Meathead
03-01-2007, 09:12 PM
yeah i know

:sadwalk:

JD
03-01-2007, 09:58 PM
I can't stand people who get their last names on jerseys.. so dumb

CuseJetsFan83
03-02-2007, 12:26 AM
honestly i have no problems with someone who gets a personalized jersey........ if they are fans of hte team why not..........

i have a personalized jets uniform, and a few other sports...... does it make me any more of a fan than you, no....... but its just something i like, and if thats against the manlaws, then so be it

SabreEleven
03-02-2007, 12:55 AM
They called me up, and Adam Mair even was gracious enough to give me his number!

:bravo::liar:

Where were you for Game 7 in Carolina last year?

Meathead
03-02-2007, 03:32 AM
honestly i have no problems with someone who gets a personalized jersey........ if they are fans of hte team why not..........

i have a personalized jets uniform, and a few other sports...... does it make me any more of a fan than you, no....... but its just something i like, and if thats against the manlaws, then so be it
i think i love you

LtFinFan66
03-02-2007, 04:59 AM
:eek2: Man LAW not man LOVE!!!:eek2:

Dude
03-02-2007, 06:57 AM
That's a sweet jersey. :up:

BlackMetalNinja
03-02-2007, 06:59 AM
Seriously, it was a gift from my father, and a $160+ gift at that. Should I have had him spend all that money and then in a year have it hang in the closet next to my Eric Moulds jersey or my soon to be extinct Willis McGahee jersey because that player is no longer on the team? Not a chance. I'll still be a fan for years, so my name is on the back of it. I honestly don't care what you guys think either way, but at least I didn't put my damn screen name on the back of it...

Philagape
03-02-2007, 08:04 AM
:D

BlackMetalNinja
03-02-2007, 08:20 AM
:D

I wasn't referring to you actually, as yours is just an avatar and not real... Therefore perfectly fine.

Bill Brasky
03-02-2007, 08:24 AM
I still have my throwback blue jersey and it is still blank. I can't find a lettering kit anywhere that is actually worth a damn... but I don't mind it being blank for the very reason BMN stated.

CuseJetsFan83
03-02-2007, 02:05 PM
:eek2: Man LAW not man LOVE!!!:eek2:

so if your in the us next year...... is the fog gonna keep ya away again>! ;-)

Typ0
03-02-2007, 03:38 PM
Seriously, it was a gift from my father, and a $160+ gift at that. Should I have had him spend all that money and then in a year have it hang in the closet next to my Eric Moulds jersey or my soon to be extinct Willis McGahee jersey because that player is no longer on the team? Not a chance. I'll still be a fan for years, so my name is on the back of it. I honestly don't care what you guys think either way, but at least I didn't put my damn screen name on the back of it...

cute...take stabs at the screen name in your frustration for being called a dope. Do what makes you happy.

SabreEleven
03-02-2007, 04:02 PM
cute...take stabs at the screen name in your frustration for being called a dope. Do what makes you happy.

and he didn't have to drag Phil into this.

chernobylwraiths
03-02-2007, 05:36 PM
Phil negged me for one of my posts in my man law thread. :rofl:

If you are OK with it then that's all that matters. I think the main problem is mostly with the new age of free agency in all sports. Players really DON'T stay around for a long time and it must be difficult to buy a jersey of a certain player not knowing how long they will be around. Of course I also think it is extememly waistful to buy a jersey for that much money. And I see a lot of people with multiple jerseys. The only reason I brought this up was because on GR in the morning they have these "man law" shows and this was one of the first.

Funny thing is, when I first saw your avatar, I thought the guy who made it really F'ed up Lindy Ruff's jersey.

BlackMetalNinja
03-02-2007, 05:43 PM
Phil negged me for one of my posts in my man law thread. :rofl:

If you are OK with it then that's all that matters. I think the main problem is mostly with the new age of free agency in all sports. Players really DON'T stay around for a long time and it must be difficult to buy a jersey of a certain player not knowing how long they will be around. Of course I also think it is extememly waistful to buy a jersey for that much money. And I see a lot of people with multiple jerseys. The only reason I brought this up was because on GR in the morning they have these "man law" shows and this was one of the first.

Funny thing is, when I first saw your avatar, I thought the guy who made it really F'ed up Lindy Ruff's jersey.

Exactly my point...

And I was just joking about the screen name thing in all honesty. I have no problem with Phil, we get along fine, and I'd hope he'd know that I was kidding. At any rate, my view was it's a lot of money to spend on something that could be obsolete in a year or two, and my last name isn't going to be changing. If you guys think that's stupid, so be it. I'm the one that has to deal with it, not all of you!

chernobylwraiths
03-02-2007, 09:52 PM
Exactly my point...

And I was just joking about the screen name thing in all honesty. I have no problem with Phil, we get along fine, and I'd hope he'd know that I was kidding. At any rate, my view was it's a lot of money to spend on something that could be obsolete in a year or two, and my last name isn't going to be changing. If you guys think that's stupid, so be it. I'm the one that has to deal with it, not all of you!

I would never do that, but to each his own. Just busting on ya man. I know you can take it.

By the way, turn your balls in at the door. :D

BlackMetalNinja
03-02-2007, 09:55 PM
I would never do that, but to each his own. Just busting on ya man. I know you can take it.

By the way, turn your balls in at the door. :D

I'm married... I lost control of those last July 29th!

chernobylwraiths
03-02-2007, 09:56 PM
I'm married... I lost control of those last July 29th!

Does she let you view them occasionally? You should at least get visiting rights.

BlackMetalNinja
03-02-2007, 09:58 PM
Does she let you view them occasionally? You should at least get visiting rights.

Actually, I've got her well trained now. During Sabres games, whenever we score she cheers "Let's Go Buffalo!" and gives me a high five!

SABURZFAN
03-02-2007, 11:49 PM
Actually, I've got her well trained now. During Sabres games, whenever we score she cheers "Let's Go Buffalo!" and gives me a high five!

but once the Sabres games are over,it's business as usual.she has YOU trained.

BlackMetalNinja
03-03-2007, 06:24 AM
but once the Sabres games are over,it's business as usual.she has YOU trained.

Haha, good point! Nah, I can never complain, she lets me watch sports whenever I want and is content to just hang out and read in the meantime as long as I'm not completely ignoring her. That's why I decided she was a keeper!

GThirst
03-03-2007, 10:23 PM
I don't know, but the general murmur from people around me when they see a name on a jersey that is not on the team they say "What a moron!"

It looks stupid, and most people don't like it.

Just get a throwback of some timeless player. Perrault, LaFontaine, etc,etc.

Even Bills could do it. Kelley, Thomas, Smith, and... THE JUICE!

BlackMetalNinja
03-04-2007, 07:46 AM
I don't know, but the general murmur from people around me when they see a name on a jersey that is not on the team they say "What a moron!"

It looks stupid, and most people don't like it.

Just get a throwback of some timeless player. Perrault, LaFontaine, etc,etc.

Even Bills could do it. Kelley, Thomas, Smith, and... THE JUICE!

Then I'd be a poser... because I wasn't even alive when Perrault played... You can't win anywhich way. I don't care what people think so I'll be just fine with it the way it is.

chernobylwraiths
03-04-2007, 02:12 PM
Then I'd be a poser... because I wasn't even alive when Perrault played... You can't win anywhich way. I don't care what people think so I'll be just fine with it the way it is.

****ing sackless daddy's boy! :D